SEGMENTERS PLEASE VISIT HERE! Some Helpful Advice for Current and Potential Aspiring Segmenters

Oh my god, thank you for pointing this out.

Personally, I don’t like to put more than three credits in an episode (beginning, end, maybe middle). But I mean, if you’re going to put more than that, please put them somewhere appropriate.

I think a lot of scene changes are great places for credits. And a lot of shows have commercial break cuts in them, and those are always great for credits. But please, not in the middle of that touching or contemplative or emotionally-driven scene. There’s a reason no one’s talking.

I mostly add a segment for credits in each part I segment. But in some cases I also don’t because sometimes a part doesn’t really have a good spot to place the credit until almost the end. Then I’m like let’s leave it out because the next segment will have a credit anyway and to me it doesn’t really matter if I see the credit about every 10 minutes or every 15-20 minutes.

Let’s post this here too. This are the prizes I won for the sub/seg hunt and avatar contest:

A viki shirt and tablet standard. I already had some kind of fight with that because I had no idea how that worked…LOL

4 Likes

Yayy…Awesome, congrats @Dudie!!!

Hello Dudie:

I wanted to show everyone my Seg101 T-Shirt too…

And this is how I look like when I wear it p(^_^)q

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o755/ajypun/AmyPun/chibiamypun_zpse8eb5d38.png

Thanks to Dudie for creating my new avatar. I really love it!

5 Likes

Wowww…very nice, congrats @AmyPun !! It’s a cute T-Shirt and even Amy’s avatar is wearing the long sleeve version…lol. Cute!!! Nice job @Dudie!

Thanks Becky for your compliment p(^_^)q… Hopefully Viki has some spares so you would get one when you graduate Seg101 too.

Are you on your Grad Videos yet? Are you in the Express101 or Seg101 program? My gift has been waiting for you in my photobucket =D

I actually just got my gift as well (winning in telethon competition)… One of them is the same T-Shirt like Dudie has in the pic. I’m still over the moon because of that. Thanks to Viki…
I’m currently working on my Taiwanese drama task, Amy (Express101 program). I have a slow pace…really slow I guess. Ahhhh…I know, I can’t wait to get that gift from you!!! Almost there, Amy!!!

What is a tablet standard? Congratulations on your win.

@bjohnsonwong A standard for your Ipad (or any tablet) but since I don’t have one I can also use it like this:

2 Likes

Hello All Current and Potential Aspiring Segmenters:

Today I have some Good News to Announce!

I’m here to share the news that I currently have ONE open spot for a student who wants to be my next disciple.

Just in case you are wondering, I would reiterate that this means the student would be trained solely under my guidance…

Selection Criteria:

1. Must be fluent in Chinese and English and be willing to contribute on my channels (such as Love Family) as subber/segmenter/editor in the future.

2. Must be a dedicated and hard-working student whose receptive to constructive feedback and won’t easily give up.

3. Would be willing to actively participate in Live Segmenting Projects in the future after graduation.

Other minor criteria:

• Have a QC status would be preferable for ease of assigned video access.

If you think you have what it takes to become the next VIKI Segmenting Superstar, please PM me your resume (brief introduction about yourself, why you want to learn segmenting, your subbing/segging experience and other relevant information).

If you have any other questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.

Don’t miss this “Once In A Blue Moon” opportunity if you have a genuine interest in learning how to segment.

Best of Luck to all Potential Students of mine!
Amy… p(^_^)q

1 Like

This is my reference when segmenting… soooo much helpful especially the video on the bottom… so grateful we have a great and nice Vikian such AmyPun… Thanks Amy… xD

The student was selected. Thanks for your participation! p(^_^)q

You are very welcome Ciki, best of luck with your segmenting projects.

Amy, where did you find the giant pair of pinking shears that you cut your hair with?

Chizzy, you should see this Seg101 Fastest Segger Champion Shirt Dudie made for Chibi too! Dudie is Amazing!

LOL… I think my Hairstylist ordered it from Europe, LOL… Aren’t my bangs awesome?

Thank you so much VIKI and Catchlight for sending me the Fastest Segmenter Challenge Gift! I love it!!!

2 Likes

Now you and your avatar look very similar :slight_smile:

Ahhhh… amy you got 2 ! Awesome…Yayyy!!!