SEGMENTERS PLEASE VISIT HERE! Some Helpful Advice for Current and Potential Aspiring Segmenters

Well, what I meant was, how do you know the Safari one is wrong and the Chrome one is right? What if it’s the other way around?

Validated by my mentor, as I did it for my task.

Hi Becky:

I should let you know that all the Seg101 Graduation Panelists (Mihaelagh, Roxiehar, Mint0017, Yolswels091, Amitiara, Marykarmelina, Tishafi, cgwm808 and Honnas) uses Goggle Chrome as the dominant browser or default/official browser for Grad Video gradings. That being said… if you segment something on another browser, you must cross-check it with Google Chrome to make sure. I personally do all my segmenting and grading working using Google Chrome Only!

That is why I reiterate time and again that you should segment with Google Chrome (trying to alter adobe flash settings under chrome://plugins) unless it’s impossible. That is the only time you should try other alternative browsers but still check your timing with Chrome.

I know my friend who has a Macbook loaded with architectural softwares, she was able to segment on Safari without any problems. To me, the only issue is her segments are 0.1 seconds late throughout. Therefore I taught her to segment 0.1 earlier to what she heard. That way, her segments would be synchronized when checked on Chrome.

1 Like

It makes sense, now…Amy. So far, I get more comfortable with Chrome due to the less mistakes I made than using Safari. I may need more trial and error so Safari will suit me well, later.

Fighting with your Seg101 studies, you are going to graduate in no time! My graduation card for you is still waiting in my photobucket right now!

:)…I’m looking forward for that, can’t wait. I’m doing my best to get there…Thanks Amy!!!

Hello All Vikians and Segmenters out there:

The final results to the Segmenter 101 4th Anniversary challenge are finally out!!! It could be found here at Seg101 Express.

Thanks everyone for your participation in this event!

Congratulations to Dudie for becoming a Double Champion, she won both the Avatar Contest and Segment/Subtitle Hunt.

Congratulations to dingvild and elegantdrama for winning second and third place in Avatar Contest.

Congratulations to Janice0317 for becoming the Champion of Fastest Segmenter Challenge under the Non-PS Category!

Also Thanks to itzel_das and kissnana for your participation in this event. Best of Luck with your Seg101 Studies!

Please come and visit the newly renovated Segmenter 101 Project Homepage.

Thanks for you reading and have a great weekend!
Amy…

2 Likes

Congratulations to Dudie for becoming a Double Champion!

Thanks for your card. I find it really beautiful, so I want to share your creation with everyone here!

Below is the condensed version of the Seg101 Competition Results:

Looking forward to see you all coming to participate in our Seg101 challenges during our 5th Anniversary next year!

Yes, I came here to find out how to delete segments that already have some subtitles! I’m suffering from poor segments now. Never want to dis their works but many segments are too short, and they annoy viewers. They are ruining channels :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Happy!! 4 years!!!

1 Like

That is so cute!!!

Kuyurmi, I knew it was you who was the “Guest” at Seg101 Discussion board. Yes, you are the Bugs Bunny with the Carrot, I’m the Bugs Bunny with the hand on my cheek. Tishafi is the Bugs Bunny with the Crown on her head =D

I’m glad you enjoyed my Seg101 Family Picture =D

I agree with you bjohnsonwong, that avatar is adorable. Too bad Kuyurmi didn’t enter the Seg101 Avatar Contest. I think she would be a strong contender, don’t you think?

1 Like

Hi! Amy!
Yes. It was me. The thing is… I was trying to post the gift but didn’t work it ( because my gift was too big :smiley: ) then I tried to delete it but you can’t do it… lol… only you delete your name at disqus sigh then I posted it again and resize my gift and didn’t work it lol so I gave up.
I was wonder why the bunny?, did you pick randomly? anyway this year I didn’t participate in the contest … didn’t have time --n.n-- but last year I did it :smiley: I was in the third place in the faster segger contest, Kasxia and Ileana84 were really fast for me lol and in the design I was in the 5th place I think, I don’t remember.
Btw Congratulations for BE The Faster Segger!!!

Hi Kuyurmi:

I tried to make the Seg101 Family Picture according to everyone’s personality. For instance Mihaela is the fastest segger on live dramas, she typically segments 3 parts in less than an hour, so we nicknamed her Speedy Gonzalez. Jojoo is equally as fast so she is Tasmanian Devil. Narin is slow and cute/kind, so she is Porky the Pig. I’m about the similar speed as Roadrunner Dudie, hence I’m the narcissistic Bugs Bunny with hand on my cheek. Mint is the founder of Seg101 so she is the Old Tortoise. Tishafi is the co-CM of Seg101, so she is crowned Bugs Bunny. Cgwm is a Panelist of 4 years and Queen of Korean Editing, so she is the “Old Bird”. Now that’s my brief intro… does that make sense?

I guess I was lucky this time to win Fastest Segger. For next year, I think I have to finish in less than 13:26 to try and win again T_T

Back to my books,
Amy…

2 Likes

Amy:
Yes, very accurate about the description and images. Mihaelagh is really fast. For me being the bunny with carrot lol yes I know why you did that and suit me perfectly lol. Actually in the past I was a tiger :smiley: silent, fierce and jump without a notice - to get a part - lol old times In the past Thwin, Kasxia, Kristyane, Ileana84 were killersegger. They don’t seg anymore sigh
With time and segs. I am sure you will beat your own record :smiley: that’s for sure!!
Fighting!!! Amy!!

Hi Kuyurmi:

I think after I trained for fastest segger, my speed is about Mihaela’s for Korean Drama. I could finish a part of Medical Top Team in about 11 minutes.

You’re a Tiger? I imagine you to look like this =D

I think the competition is the most fierce at Marry Him If You Dare right now, I never get a part there T_T.

Thwin doesn’t seg anymore, despite I still talk to her. Kristyane came back in August and went MIA again, Ileana80, I haven’t talked to her since April T_T…

I think I will keep practicing to improve my accuracy and speed to prepare for next year p(^_^)q

Hugs!
Amy…

1 Like

Good Tips :)… Thanx

Hello Everyone:

Today I’m going to discuss how to insert credits for the parts you segment. Credits are important as they recognize your team’s hardwork for the project. Therefore, knowing how to insert it is quite important…

Segmenting Credits

When you segment for live projects, you would likely have to insert credits for the parts you segment. Credits would look like this…

Subtitles brought to you by The ----------------- Team @ Viki.com

However, many of us don’t understand how to appropriately insert credits. There are three main rules we must obey:

1. Insert credit only ONCE for each of the parts you segment. Never insert more than one credit per part.

2. Each credit should occur on screen for less than 10 seconds in duration.

3. The credit should be strategically placed in about half-way/middle of the part, where no dialogue is present.

You may be asking why do we have to obey these rules?

The reason is screenwriters intend to have a meaningful creepy silence, for us to just listen to music, or enjoy a romantic silent gaze. If we have credits for all these areas, it would ruin the mood and overall enjoyment of the show for our audience.

Hopefully these rules would help you be more aware of how to insert credits for the future.

Cheers,
Amy…p(^_^)q

1 Like

Thanks Amy… I thought people just put it in any long or a bit long lapse. Sometimes I see them in the beginning or even at the very last part of the episode.