Share something (songs,film...) on your language! đŸ„°

This isn’t entirely in Swedish, which is my language, but it’s kind of in “Swenglish” (Swedish English), and it’s totally about one major aspect of our Swedish culture: The Swedish “Fika”.

This one, however, is in Swedish. I’m not really a Yohio-fan but thought this would be fun to share since Yohio is our very own Swedish Asian, and do I acknowledge that his voice is fantastic. (If you haven’t heard of him, he usually sings in Japanese and is popular in Japan.)

2 Likes

Well, well 
 I do not follow a trend.
Zaz is pretty famous and successful in Germany.
Stromae - Belgian? I am not sure about that -

The rest I guess is my homework - I am curious myself I will look up the radio station that used to play French music.

Melancholic - I used to listen a lot to music like that but I still like this song - I guess it’s the piano somehow

I just love Mauranes voice (I was really sad to know that she died) and the duet with Celine Dion, honestly I like to listen to Celine Dion most, when she sings in French.

Jacque Brel version with the English translation

And another song with Celine Dion and Garou - quelle voix!

Florent Pagny - j’adore cette chanson - It’s about singing, that you can leave your pain behind while singing, expressing your love, or sing for someone who left 

Getting goosebumps every time no English translation found - when I first heard him sing Travailler c’est trop dur it sounded like a French hymn to me

Need some sleep I will take a break here :wink: Bonne nuit!

4 Likes

When I studied in London this song was playing a lot on the radio, also I loved “In the Air” by Phil Collins in the morning much better
 but this songs was so easy to sing, lol

Here a Czech song with a famous Czech singer Karel Gott, called also “the Golden Voice of Prague”, who’s also well known in German speaking countries, he sang also “Biene Maja” in the sweet children’s cartoon.
He’s singing here with his daughter and sadly left us 5 months later :cry:

2 Likes

That’s funny. In Italian this word (written with a “c”) means the female genital organ in casual language.:shushing_face:

2 Likes

@deval_chloe
There are many more songs I recall J.J.Goldman, and his project Frederick Goldman Jones, les Resto du Coeur, (hope I got that right), France Gall, Francis Cabrel, 

At that time it was easy to go to your local disc shop and you would always find up to 20-30 cm of music. Today you no longer have the local shop in town like ours all in the hands of chains electronic shops. If you are lucky you will find 5 French albums, if you are unlucky its all samplers with old Chansons, Accordion music, 

Modern, up to date as I said Zaz, there was even advertisement on TV for her album, so I guess it works out for her.
And I could look up the TV program for the French broadcasts, to look for music programs, one should think today it should be easier but it seems it’s not. You’re looking for French music you get Organ music, classical music, you see that they made a note “Français” you use this category for a search, 
 You do not want to know what you get 
 You are looking for French pop - I just got Yves Montand as the search result 
 It’s a bit tiring.

But I have a question for you - Do you know Frédérik Mey?

Yes you got that right, only a s missing on “Restos”. But you got it right.

I find it too bad
 Looks like looking for K-Pop albums in France from what you said.
If you find one, you’re lucky.

I’m not really fan of Zaz and I’m not hearing her often but yes, I guess it works out for her.

I don’t even know Yves Montand, is he an old singer?
I don’t know FrĂ©dĂ©rik Mey either.
Do you know a song from them that you like?

LOL Generation gap is showing I guess

Yves Montand old, yes he died in the early 90’s I think

I am drifting away now I know this song, since I sang it in a choir as Autumn leaves

There is an endless list of singers who took on this song 

Frédérik Mey en France, Reinhard Mey en Allemagne, a really old classic

The German version with English translation

Reinhard Mey is part of my childhood, I like that he writes can I say lyrically - I think as an artist from Germany he is probably the closest to the genre of Chanson in France.

Ein französisch-deutsches Lied

Nena 99 Luftballons:

Alphaville Forever Young and Big in Japan:

Goldene Reiter:

Die Toten Hosen Alles aus Liebe:

Die Ärzte Schrei nach Liebe und MĂ€nner sind Schweine:

Alex Christensen Das Boot:

Sarah Connor Wie schön du bist, Bedinungslos und Vincent

5 Likes

The songs show our generation :rofl:

2 Likes

@deval_chloe
I found a video from Jenifer - somehow I feel like, did she win or join some tv show?

I get a total flashback on Asian dramas watching this video.

Okay, I think we didn’t mention him until now.
Mark Forster. He wrote a song named Au Revoir, it might be because he grew up in my region and our language/slang is filled with French words other regions do not use in their daily lives. How this came about - War, we are close to the border of France in the 17th century, our town was pretty much “burned” down, the population decimated to a few hundred. Who did it? The French, the Spanish and the Swedish troops. One could say they no stone has been left unturned. Several hundred years later after WWII we were occupied by the French and the French were stationed here until I think the early 80’s. Finally, realizing that this could be a reason I found so much French music back then. Anyway French found its way into our native tongue.

On the YT channel of the person who did the translation I found one of my favorite songs

From the newer French songs I found this catchy one some months ago, Maitre GIMS & Sting:

And I really love Avant Toi from Vitaa & Slimane, I found this on some fan videos, too. Such a romantic song.

1 Like

When I used to do belly dance we danced to Natasha Atlas, she’s a multicultural artist and dances also belly dance. I have 2 CD’s of her, somehow her music fascinates me because of her voice and often traditional drums, just love rhythm. My favorite is Ayeshteni, but she has really many other versatile songs or chants!
Lyrics are within YT comments. I used to love Egyptian history about pharaohs, Nofretete and Egyptian artifacts :wink:

2 Likes

From what I can remember, she won Star Academy in 2002. She was also a coach in The Voice France a few years ago.
I listenned to her songs when I was a kid and had some of her albums.
Here is one of her old songs:

And here a more recent one:

She also did this one with Slimane (she was his coach in The Voice France before):

1 Like

I think I heard his name in the past, because it seems familiar to me, but I can’t remember hearing his songs.

I never listened to that song before. Maybe because I didn’t like GIMS in the past. I didn’t like his songs, but that one doesn’t look bad.

There is a lot of ads for this song on French TV lately. The lyrics are really good. Indeed, such a romantic song.

1 Like

Lara Fabian was in there for some reason that makes me think I might have watched it, partly at least.

That or he really chose a good stage name, because he has roots in Poland and his name is hard to memorize.

1 Like

@deval_chloe
If you like good lyrics I was wondering what you think about this song. Do you know it? I think, even though it’s an older song by now, the topic is up to date.
For anyone who needs English translation it’s in the video description.

And I don’t why I didn’t think about this song before

Rock is still my favorite genre

Looking for a French artist called M was really fruitless for a long time, it was like searching the infamous needle anyway a few weeks ago I was watching taratata and there he was. This crazy guy, but I simply can’t resist the guitar. I didn’t put a video here because I didn’t find a good one from the song I meant.

Yes, of course I know this song! It’s an old well-known French song. I like the lyrics, it’s well-written, you immediatly know that the song writter worked a lot on it. And yes, the topic is still up to date.
I didn’t listen to that song since a while now, but I still like it.

Oh, thanks for sharing that one, I didn’t know this song.

Rock is great. I admit it even if it’s not my favorite. :slight_smile:

“Un autre monde” is a great song, I will always remember the first time I heard it, for the whole week I was listening to it again and again. Still, I can’t watch the video you shared. It says “Video not available” blocked because of copyrights.

Here is the official MV for the ones who wish:

If you like rock, do you know Kyo? It’s a French pop-rock Group I really like.

No, but I am going to take a look at them. Thanks!

1 Like