Share your crochet!

I’m posting another crochet from same channel, these are cute xmas ornaments @federicascotti97 posted in 2018 and since they are small they are quickly done… with the videos it’s really easy to make them.
As I have tons of yarns I should make those and send each with the xmas cards, folks I won’t get to see!

from 2018 at the "Putting up the Christmas Tree thread:
@simi11 you’re welcome :slight_smile: Reindeer Rudolph this is a Japanese tutorial but she also has english subtitles, Candycane same with this, Mini Stocking, Christmas Tree, Snowflake and then there is also this Gingerbread Man that is very simple if you want to try! I used a 3-4 mm yarn to make all the ornaments and 4,5 mm hook size, just go with bigger size yarn if you want them bigger. Hope you all will spend happy holidays with your loved ones :heart::christmas_tree:

5 Likes

hey cool idea!!!

3 Likes

I used to do these too, still have different patterns too

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

4 Likes

Nope! It’s perfectly yarned :cake: they certainly yarned a cake.

2 Likes

4 Likes

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

4 Likes

@frustratedwriter I have many projects pending… I want to finish my dream catcher and I’m planning to crochet kids hats, I crochet a sample today and I’m not happy with the baby wool, it seems to thin I tried double yarn and it’s too stiff… have to look tomorrow if I can use a different hook. Also the yarn detwists and gets stuck on the hook and I have to repeat the steps…

The yarn I bought was expensive baby Merino wool… I have other wool for other hats, perhaps I do those first… I have nice Alpaca multicolored skeins I got at a sheep and wool fair (see your poster, so befitting :rofl:) but I’m not sure now for who it was meant to be, I’ll wait for daylight to see the colors better… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I found out a girl I know since childhood (my daughter’s classmate and best friend in their school years) just became a mother, so I whipped up with some yarn remnants a quick little something for her new baby.
Giacchino%20per%20la%20figlia%20di%20Silvia%20(1) Giacchino%20per%20la%20figlia%20di%20Silvia%20(3) Giacchino%20per%20la%20figlia%20di%20Silvia%20(4) !
Giacchino%20per%20la%20figlia%20di%20Silvia%20(2) !

And this is the start of the hat.
Berretto%20per%20la%20figlia%20di%20Silvia

Finished hat:
IMG_20221128_070016 IMG_20221128_070028

6 Likes

That is so cute! A talent creates beautiful items for blessing others. A set of mittens, and socks would go well with the hat. :blush:

5 Likes

That’s a nice pattern, you are so experienced and the yarn looks thin like mine yet it looks different, what size of hook are you using?

The baby coat/jacket is so cute, my grandma used this pattern on a summer baby hat for cooler days made with cotton… she could do anything, made even crochet angels for xmas tree and snowflakes as well… when I was younger, I wasn’t so interested to ask how to make them… I regret today…

2 Likes

beautiful patterns! I have started a granny square baby blanket with different colors

a cap to go along with it. the rest will be all blue

2 Likes

That’s because it was too thin and I used it double, with 3,5 hook. I wanted it to have more body as the winter is coming. Especially the hat. The jacket is more for spring, as granny stitch is so holey. That’s why I made it for 3-6 months old, so that she could wear it into spring. I also made the sleeves slightly longer, so that she may turn back the cuffs at the beginning, and then as the baby grows older leave them for their full length.
Also the flower brooch is stitched on a small rectangle, with a safety pin behind, so that it can be taken off if the baby wants to sleep on its belly, otherwise the bump of the brooch will be bothersome. It can also be pinned on the hat.

3 Likes

Ok so I have also 3,5 hook as they told me and so I should try double yarn… I forgot to ask earlier as for the hat… what is the name of the stich of the head part… so I can look it up, I really like it. My granddaughter is 4 months old… The jacket is indeed one of a kind :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thank you.

2 Likes

The hat was made from this tutorial:

And the jacket from this one:
2 Likes

Thank you so much, Irene!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I love your color choices! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I took an interest in making toys recently
20221022_084759 20221022_085605 20221022_125248

8 Likes

They are so adorable :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I have only finished a crochet headband with the multicolored wool/alpaca from Maine, Good Karma, I got a long time ago. I hope daughter will like it :pray: :sweat_smile:
Have to see if I can post pic from my cell phone… usually I run into issues because the file is too big…

image image

5 Likes

I started the baby hat and the double crochet is soo beautiful!! I’m making the 6 months size and use about 5 colors, hopefully I finish it right :joy:

3 Likes

So I finished the hat… hook no.3 so small because the baby yarn is oh so thin. I might have struggled with the reduction and I don’t have the baby’s head always to measure so hopefully it will work if not then next year or it can be just rolled up :wink:
Again the working process to upload the picture… :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Awesome work @simi11!! I love the colors. I hope it fits perfectly!:blush:

One trick I found, take a screenshot of your photo. The screenshot is saved as a .jpeg, and works well for uploads here in discussions.

1 Like