Share your crochet!

Jonah is a celebrity in the US! He is very talented and my goodness, he crochets so fast! I hope other children pick up crochet or any other yarn craft. Being able to make something is such a fulfilling experience.

4 Likes

Some dolls I made:

I used and modified a chibi doll pattern I found online and made my favorite character from a mobile game I play.
IMG_20220604_153237 IMG_20220604_153230

This one is also my favorite character, but from another game. I made him without a pattern except for his feet, which I made following a pattern for generic doll feet. I started him back in autumn and finished him a week ago.

IMG_20220624_192450
IMG_20220624_192400

9 Likes

Incredible! They look really great.

4 Likes

Thank you!!! :smile:

1 Like

I know nothing about crochet or the characters you have made, but I’m impressed by the detail and especially like how the hair is done.

5 Likes

Yes, the hair is particularly creative. Instead of the usual chains. They look awesome!

5 Likes

3 Likes

me, maybe not spilling paint on the floor!

3 Likes

Thank you! Making doll hair always makes me nervous. It’s one reason I procrastinated making one of the dolls for many months :sweat_smile: But now I feel more confident after making him.

2 Likes

Ahh, I can relate to everything on that list :joy::joy: I’ve been caught

1 Like

A project I’m working on while re-watching the kdrama Mask:

I have one slipper made so far!
4 Likes

:yarn:
Crochet
Such a very useful craft.
You can clothed yourself from head to toe with this craft, and also do so much more! :wink::+1:t5:
:yarn:

2 Likes

The only one I haven’t done is fixed something with hot glue. Probably only because we don’t get along well, it never seems to work for me, lol

1 Like

Oh l love your crochet finished dolls, so creative, colorful and cute!!! :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush:

2 Likes

Then you are multitalented!! :joy::+1:

I can relate to all except for the 2 glues and paint…

3 Likes

this is not mine, but thought I would still share it.

Get the pattern (affiliate link)—>https://rstyle.me/+a1iIEVwSLAZLveIcfNjJHg

don’t you just haste it when something says free, or nothing at all then find out its costly!!:upside_down_face:

6 Likes

So she who dies with the most yarn wins, right? Well, when I moved, I found boxes and boxes of brand new, untouched skeins of yarn. Yes, I was an avid crocheter a couple of years ago but then got involved in other projects. Once things start settling down, I’m planning to get back with it again. I love to make 100% cotton dishcloths using the tunisian entrelac stitch. I’m self-taught so reading patterns, etc. can be a bit of a challenge for me sometimes. Below is not my project but an example:

(pinterest)

5 Likes

It’s really amazing how creative people can be with crochet! They make clothes, toys, blankets, decorations, etc. One only needs yarn, a crochet hook, a pattern, and patience :slight_smile: I learned from YouTube videos, and getting better at crochet took me a while, but I haven’t regretted it.

5 Likes

Aww, thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Tunisian crochet is amazingly beautiful! I made a sweater using that stitch, but I don’t use it very often.

Do you like crocheting with cotton yarn? I tried it once when I was a new crocheter and I didn’t like it. Ever since then, I’ve avoided it, but I’m thinking about making potholders and I want them to be heat-absorbant, so I’ll probably get cotton yarn…

That’s really awesome that you’re self-taught! It shows dedication to your desire to learn something new. I agree, patterns can be difficult to read sometimes–they can be unclear, inaccurate, or too complicated. Sometimes, if a pattern calls for a certain stitch, I’ll look up a YouTube video on how to do that stitch because I need a visual.

2 Likes