Share your crochet!

Be sure to make three layers. Usually two crochet and sandwitch a piece of flannel in-between.
One layer, no matter how thick the stitch, won’t be enough to protect your hands. And, if you make a connecting ribbon, make it shorter than you think is needed, because as you hang them from it , it is going to stretch - a lot.

3 Likes

this isnt mine, I am learning the stitch though

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I do plan to make this!

4 Likes

I feel that 100% cotton doesn’t have the elasticity that the acrylic yarns do. I am a tight crocheter so I have to mindful of that and relax my grip when doing 100% cotton projects. Don’t give up on it! If necessary, try different brands of yarn until you find one that you are comfortable with.

3 Likes

Here’s another idea for you crochet fanatics out there. If you are in a thrift store and see a sweater made of yarn that really trips your trigger, you may wish to consider purchasing and deconstructing. (Be sure you look at the tag first to try to verify what kind of yarn you will be dealing with). I’ve done this a couple of times and gotten some really cool yarn for projects. There are instructional videos on YouTube to help you figure out how to deconstruct, etc. With the price of yarn what it is, this can be a more economical way to go.

5 Likes

I forgot to share this, when I saw your doll it reminded me this clip, it’s apparently from an old anime or game Final FantasyX , a Japanese production… the young man looks somewhat similar to your doll :heart_eyes: The music is “Nuit magique” (Magical night) by Catherine Lara… I saw her several decades at an open air concert and she played the violin, it was indeed a magical night with this song!!!

4 Likes

Thank you for your advice! I went to a crafts store and asked them for flannel that suits my purpose, and they said that Insul-Bright works well too, and since it was on sale, I bought two yards of it :). I wouldn’t have thought of that if you hadn’t mentioned it! Thank you!

1 Like

Ah, I’m a tight crocheter as well! I’ll try to be mindful to keep a relaxed wrist and grip. I’ll probably take breaks since I’m not in a rush to complete the project.

Oh I can see the resemblance! I’ve never played the game or watched the anime, but I’ve heard of it! I’ve never listened to this song, but it is catchy and very pretty. I like older style ballads :smiley: That’s so cool that you got to listen to the singer in person! I’ve never heard her music before.

1 Like

I’ve also found that going up a size or two in crochet hook has helped me combat my tight crochet habit. This just naturally makes each stitch a little larger/looser. :wink:

1 Like

crochet flower buttons

4 Likes

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

6 Likes

ok I am being silly here but I did think it was funny and what better place to share this than on the crochet link??

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
CROCHET String of Pearls Pattern! ![:heart_eyes:|16x16]

(https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/t2/1/16/1f60d.png)

See the pattern here (affiliate link): [https://rstyle.me/+PfwR6a3LQncY5erpVedRaw]
(https://rstyle.me/+PfwR6a3LQncY5erpVedRaw?fbclid=IwAR1fmLxBGV_ZQXUGd6SLIjUq_yl9Cp_ZtJ5O7PaIz0tX_uEsU9dqdI7gRCU)

5 Likes

These plants are sweet and you never have to water them, how practical… they look real from afar :heart_eyes:
These are cute as well, on same website:

7 Likes

I just have to check that link. and yes I do have a string of pearls as well. ok just did, and would you believe it, 4.50 for the pattern on Etsy.

I think I said it once before, on FB said it’s a free pattern, then go to Etsy and its a price. so my next one is going to be all free crochet and Pinterest, oh yeah not to forget youtube as well. just bugs me is all.

2 Likes

there are other patterns of same plant style for much less but if you google you can find just the pattern for the string pearls… the pot doesn’t need necessarily be crochet too… creativity has no limits. I prefer YT videos, I understand visually explained better than in the crochet language. I have also a card with various stiches…

2 Likes

I found one on pinterest, going to copy the pattern and try it. wow, pom-pom stitches on a long string… and this was in the English form, so intrepertation from meters, cm was quite interesting! called for 10 meters= 32 feet, thats for the string 20 cm =-7 inches. I am going to try this one today, the pictures look so interesting. and with me loving flowers just gotta try!!

and a p/s this was soooooo easy too!

3 Likes

I found this and thought y’all would be interested

I hope you can read it. didn’t realize it would come out so small!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

heres a link I thought y’all might be interested in

1001 crochet patterns free
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/740349626252609519/

2 Likes

I love dragonflies!!! These are so cute… can be used for your handbag or kids school backpack or even make a pin for a scarf :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:
The bunny is sweet too… start now and finish by Easter on time, lol :laughing::sweat_smile:

1 Like

❤️Beautiful Tutorial>https://cutt.ly/uZuuomA

3 Likes

Just finished my first clothing project for my baby cousin
20220912_164412

10 Likes

cute! you got the blanket & cap to go with it?

4 Likes