Share your favourite books :)

haha I used to have the reputation of being the biggest bookworm ever but look at me flitting around Viki all day when I’m not studying :joy: :grimacing: :
My all time favourites are the Anne of Green Gables series (my last western crush was Gilbert Blythe lol) and dystopian fiction like Hunger Games and Divergent

3 Likes

:joy: it’s ok, books will always be our friends and we can pick up where we left off with them :heart_eyes:

Anne of Green Gables - I read them too , it has been a while but I did enjoy them but for me, before Anne, there was Pat of Silverbush (also a resident of PE Island) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: that I read. I can see why “Anne…” is very popular but Pat will always be my favorite PE Island girl…

2 Likes

Can you give us som examples? :slight_smile:

I like sci fi & mysteries, a slight love involved too

. oh yes I discovered some genealogy mystery books too
gotta find more of those, interesting to find out a murder mystery in your family, or a pirate, or an outlaw, or someone famous!

Yes, Agatha christie, hercolu Parot(oops misspelled) he was fantastic! and theres a mystery about her as well. anyway her books I loved

One of my childhood favorite books was Momo by Michael Ende!!

Some of my other childhood favorites are

*Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
*The Little Prince (어린왕자) by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
*Meu Pé de Laranja Lima (나의 라임 오렌지나무/My Sweet Orange Tree) by a Brazilian author José Mauro de Vasconcelos.
*Mondo Piccolo (신부님 나의 신부님/The Little World of Don Camillo) by Giovanni Guareschi

I also enjoy reading “teen books” such as Harry Potter, Percy Jason Series, Heroes of Olympus, Hunger Games, etc.

Also love the classics: Anne of Green Gables, Secret Garden, Pride and Prejudice, Tom Sawyer, Sherlock Holmes series, etc.

I like that kind, too. And murder mysteries too.

I used to be an avid reader, but haven’t read much lately due to busy schedule and k-dramas. But now that I’m not watching as much k-dramas, I decided to read 12 books this year: one a month. I’m doing pretty well, since I just finished my 8th book of the year.

Some of the books I’ve read this year are books by John Grisham, Tom Clancy, David Baldachi, Miranda Megan, Lisa Jewell and Flynn Gillan.

I’m currently reading True Colors by Kristin Hannah.

2 Likes

You should do a book of the month club

That’s a good idea!!

1 Like

Hmm…well, one of my favourite books are How High the Moon. It’s really good!

2 Likes

I’m fascinated with NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE and all work from ELISABETH KUBLER- ROSS, MD.

3 Likes

I have read all of Charlaine Harris’ books, Robin Cook I just started reading Beverly Jenkins. I like a a good mystery

1 Like

Loved this book

1 Like

My Favorite Books

I don’t choose books (or even dramas) based on genres. They are just random choices or recommendations.
One of the favorite authors, however, is Edgar Allan Poe. I have read all of his books; from the first to the last. And, I would venture to say that each one of them is my favorite. No choice when it comes to Mr. Poe.
Other favorite books of mine are:

1. The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
    Book Link: GoodReads
    Movie: IMDB

2. The Song of Achilles (I simply loved it.) by Madeline Miller

3. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

4. Circe by Madeline Miller

5. The Moon and Sixpence by W. Somerset Maugham

They are just some of my favorite books. If I am going to list the books that I loved to read and would love to read again, I would dare to say that the number can be more than a 100. So, I have listed my most recent favorite books.

3 Likes

The book I’m currently reading is a part of a series. It is still ongoing, the next book will be available May 30th.

The books consist of Crave, Crush, Covet, Court, Charm, and the next book will be Cherish. I’m currently reading Charm, and have already pre-ordered Cherish.
The author is Tracy Wolff.
I 1000% recommend if you enjoy Fantasy Romance, even Action.

3 Likes

[Watchers – Dean Koontz] This really left an impression on me. Loved this book which was turned into a movie. I think they did two or three versions of the movie, my favorite was the first one.

Agatha Christie

Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross, # james-patterson) Another book made into a movie, and the movie was fantastic.

Janet Evanovich

Tess Gerritsen

Sue Grafton

JD Robb

There’s so many good authors out there. I like murder mysteries, fantasy, and the old classics. A tale of two cities, Anne of Green Gables, Treasure Island.

2 Likes

the sea people, the Bible, the Atlantis strain, and a few more

2 Likes

thats a good one drewkart09-377

Just finished my first audio book, Pachinko, and loved it!

6 Likes