[Solved] Known issue: Unable to log in on Viki.com and mobile devices

UPDATE: June 24 09:00hrs UTC +8: All systems have recovered successfully, and you should now be able to log in to your Viki account again.

For QCs and contributors , you should now be able to log in to your Viki account and have access to your benefits. If you do not, please log out, clear browser cache, then re-log in (you know the drill!)

For Viki users and subscribers, please log in to your Viki account to continue where you left off. If you are subscribed, you should now be able to see your Viki Pass benefits accordingly when logged in with the correct email address or Viki username. If you are still unable to see benefits, please log out, clear browser cache, and log in again.

NOTE: If you have previously linked your Viki account to your TV app, you might have to re-link it.

Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support.

–

UPDATE: June 24 07:00 hrs UTC +8: We are aware that login issue is reoccurring across various devices, including on web browsers, mobile apps and TV apps now.

The team is working to resolve this the soonest possible, and we ask for your kind understanding. Please stay tuned for updates on this thread.

–

UPDATE, June 23 22:00 hrs UTC +8: This issue has been resolved, and all Viki Pass subscriptions have been successfully recovered.

For QCs and contributors, you should now be able to log in to your Viki account and have access to your benefits. If you do not, please log out, clear browser cache, then re-log in (you know the drill!)

For Viki users and subscribers, please log in to your Viki account to continue where you left off. If you are subscribed, you should now be able to see your Viki Pass benefits accordingly when logged in with the correct email address or Viki username. If you are still unable to see benefits, please log out, clear browser cache, and log in again.

Thank you so much for bearing with us, and we apologize for any inconveniences.

–

Hello all,

We are aware that most of you have been logged out of your Viki account, and you have been unable to log back in on Viki.com and on mobile devices. Attempts to reset your password will also return an expired password reset link.

Our engineers have been notified of the issue and they are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and please stay tuned for further updates on this thread. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi,
I subscribed to a viki standard pass but it won’t allow me to access the tv shows. So what should I do?

@summayak786_643
Are you actively logged into Viki. It could be that you are not able to access the page at the moment, so you might not be able to use the pass at the moment because of this technical issue.
You know how to use the Help Center?

There’s a bug, it says I don’t have Viki Pass whereas I have it being Gold QC.
I think everyone have the same problem right now. I see no Viki Pass on profiles.
@jeslynl
You might have the problem too @lutra

2 Likes

Indeed I do. Let’s hope the techies will solve the issue soon.

2 Likes

Hi @summayak786_643 @deval_chloe @lutra! Yes, our engineers are still working on Viki Pass. Please expect up to 30 minutes of delay there. Stay tuned – I’ll share an update as soon as I am able! :slight_smile:

Thank you for bearing with us!

4 Likes

Same here. A bit of an annoyance, since the show I was watching is now locked out for me. Lets hope it will not take too long. :smile:

1 Like

@jeslynl I had the error at login and I finally got in after clicking on 10 fire hydrants. My dashboard says GET VIKIPASS although my subcriprion shows I have a pass.
Profile page I have no Pass.
None of the shows that require a Pass are accessisble… saying get pass…
I’m on opera browser windows 10.

UPDATES: As per jeslynl’s communique the issue has been solved at least for me strong text

1 Like

Hi @simi11, as shared in a few posts earlier, our engineers are still working on getting Viki Pass reinstated for those who have it. We appreciate your patience during this time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my case, I was busy editing and when I went to check another Viki page, it said to login. I was able to login alright, but I saw an invitation to get Vikipass.
get-vikipass-bug-01

get-vikipass-bug-02

@irmar Look at the post I made earlier, everyone have the same problem right now.
We just have to wait.

1 Like

@summayak786_643 @lutra @deval_chloe @aristonomia @simi11 @irmar

Phew, this issue has been fixed! You should now be able to log in to your account and see your QC or subscription benefits, wherever applicable. I have also updated the original post to share troubleshooting steps if you need any. :slight_smile:

Once again, thank you for being patient while this issue got looked into! We super appreciate it.

7 Likes

Actually I was able to continue editing, using the Inbox and everything else, so it didn’t affect me as much.
But happy since it’s over now.

1 Like

I think it’s because you didn’t leave it. Anyway, it’s over yes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jeslynl Please send a big THANK YOU to the techies even it is their job, I think they will be happy receiving one. It’s all good now.

7 Likes

Same thing has happened to me, i can log in perfectly fine but I can not watch any of the new shows, do you know if this getting fix any soon?

You would need to ask @jeslynl that question, simi11 is just a volunteer.

For information and help better use these

https://twitter.com/VikiStatus

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@jeslynl I just had a weird experience
I marked a sentence as quote but the minute I hit reply it just vanished in the text box. I had to edit to make it visible, however in the history it has the first draft it didn’t show.
Screenshot%20(601)
and that is how it looked
Screenshot%20(602)

Another thing is when I want to reply I have to @jeslynl manually because it will never show to what comment I answer.

Is there some issue here too?

I tried enter on Viki FireTV app but it stays loading, loading, loading… and nothing happens.

I got it! I entered on the configuration setings of the Fire TV and clean the cashe and data of Viki app. The app opened and I could enter with my login and password. Hope that it can help someone.

1 Like

Not really resolved. Although it gives you the option to. I still can not sign in using my email and password, via Roku. (Uninstalled and reinstalled the app a few times) So I gave up on doing it that way. You have no choice but to use a sign in code sent to another device. This is fine if you have a phone or other access to the Internet. Which I do, I just had to wait to access it so I could do it that way. Nevertheless as long as the option is there for us to use our username/email and password to sign on with, we should be able to.
Thank you for communicating the updates.

2 Likes