South Asian languages' subtitlers

@jtsonar_527 के तपाइँ नेपाली सबटाइटल्स जोड्न चाहनुहुन्छ?

Maile nepali ma sub ta garnu sakchu tara the software I’m using for hinglish to hindi, telle nepali support gardeina and I don’t have the correct software. Bhako ba maile garnu sakchu. If u know any solution to this problem, feel free to pm me. I would love to help.

1 Like

म देवनागरीमा टाइप गर्नको लागि गुगल इनपुट टूल प्रयोग गर्छु।

Ok, maile try garera herchu

1 Like

गूगल इन्पुट टूल्स ले रम्रेइ ले नेइ काम गर्देइछ। I might start subbing in Nepali now. It will take some time but I’ll get used to it.

1 Like

Hello friends, I’m new to subtitling, I can do Hindi & Punjabi subtitles, any suggestions on which shows to try for since I’m getting rejected because most are QC drama & I don’t have access.

2 Likes

Since you are a rookie, first choose an old project, which is available for free and learn about subbing first.
And choose one language, in which you are 100% fluent.
Is it Punjabi or Hindi?
If it’s Hindi, there are enough Hindi moderators here to guide you.
And if it’s Punjabi, you have to search for them and you will be alone until you find someone.

If you have any doubts about Viki/subbing please ask us.

3 Likes

Thanks for being the voice of reason, will do as you instructed. Appreciate the help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@joe_she_ta
Viki कम्युनिटी में आपका स्वागत है :wink:
अगर आप हिंदी में सबटाइटल करना चाहती हैं तो क्या आप मुझे हिंदी में कुछ लिखकर मैसेज भेज सकती हैं? सबटाइटल करने के लिए जिस भाषा में सबटाइटल लिखने हैं, वह भाषा बेहद अच्छे से लिखनी और समझनी आनी चाहिए।

हिंदी में चंद लाइनें लिखकर यहाँ भेज दीजिए https://contribute.viki.com/messages/compose?sendto=shraddhasingh
अपने बारे में कुछ बता दीजिए या यही लिख दीजिए कि आप हिंदी में सबटाइटल करना चाहती हैं (लेकिन देवनागरी में)

अगर आप पंजाबी में सबटाइटल करना चाहती हैं तो मेरे पास एक फिल्म है जिसे आप सबटाइटल कर सकती हैं। अगर आपका मन हो तो बता दीजिएगा :grin:

2 Likes

hi, my viki id is - how_
I am interested in translating english to hindi.
please message if you have any projects
I was previously a translator for Love Revolution (2020)
Thanks

1 Like

i am also keen…check out
https://www.viki.com/users/boksu065_180

You know Telugu?
How is your name bok su when your mother tongue is Telugu?

Ever heard of online nicknames? I don’t know about this particular person, but there are so many K-drama lovers here who have created Korean-sounding usernames, or use the name of their favourite star.
Italian volunteers are very fond of Japanese-style nicknames: nanaosaki, hiratai, hanjingyi, miss_kwon, kirara_chan, kyoko_chan, sakurashiina_kawaii, konanakatsuki, miyukichan, matsuri_gil. And a minority of Korean-sounding and Chinese-sounding ones: xXChoiUnniXx, haru_haru41, minjuho, xuanlien20,
I know all of those ladies’ real names, and I can assure you that they don’t resemble in any way their Japanese (or Chinese, or Korean) nickname. Not even starting with the same letter, nothing!
And it’s not only Italians.
kazumi_oka, despite her Japanese-sounding nickname, is Portuguese or Brazilian.
sita24 may sound Indian, but she’s a Spanish language volunteer.
natsukima is Swedish, her name is Olivia.
La_bonita29 sounds very Spanish, but she’s Thai.

You get my gist.

3 Likes

I heard. I do know about them… It’s purely that I’m kind of excited and confused at the same time to see Telugu on his/her profile…
I got your gist… I am not against people using different names online…

2 Likes

I recently wanted South Asian language moderators for a new drama, and I clicked on almost all the names of this topic and I was shocked to see that 95% have left Viki.
Now I am Channel Manager of a short Japanese drama and I cannot find anyone for T a mil, Telugu and Malayalam. Actually, there’s a Malayali subber who is willing to work on it but I cannot add her/him since there’s no moderator in that language.
[why on earth is the word T a m i l restricted?]

2 Likes

If Viki wants this to be followed so strictly, I wonder how the rare languages will get started.

4 Likes

Moreover, if I want to add as moderator someone who doesn’t have 3000 subs in that language, I cannot.
For instance, if you had an empty slot and you took pity on the poor translator, and told me “Hey, Irene, put me as T a mil moderator, so that this person can translate”, it’s not possible, the system won’t let me add you, although you have many contributions, because you don’t have in that specific language.

It does let me add someone as a subber. I tried adding myself for a strange language, and I was able to do it without any problems. But if I do that for subbers with no mod and Viki notices, I might get into trouble.

Maybe due to the T. Tigers. Seems strange otherwise.
Can’t you add the people as a subbers? I understand being hesitant if they don’t have any contributions yet like the linked account. You can always have some native speaker test them or review a sample of the work. Ask them to do a sample video first. There are too many shows with only one or two episodes done in some languages for it to be abandoned.

Viki guidelines do not allow you to add subbers without moderators anymore.

1 Like

then new languages can’t get started unless we take help from the staff

2 Likes