Spam hunt! What to do with Viki Comment Policy's violator?

Yes it is my personal pet peeve when I go in MONTHS and sometimes Years later to have complaints in the TC. I usually then ask the CM to give me mod to delete.

1 Like

My ticket on reporting her was “resolved”. I assumed that meant she was blocked. I was naive apparently.

@bozoli I got a ticket closed a week ago. Just like that. You might remember the 7 comments. Comments deleted, Viki account alive, case closed. I was let’s say not amused about the outcome. And re-opened the case, stating that this particular account was created the very same day, for only one reason. I wasn’t to nice with my feed back this time, but yesterday my ticket was closed again. I only wished, there would be a comment of Viki, but I had to go back and look what they did and surprise, the account is now deleted.
But with the other case, I don’t think it will work out since it’s a customer. I gave that info to Viki, now it’s wait and see.

@joongkijunkie It seems some peoples pay only to write about their beliefs and the right of free speech. I still think a review should be about the drama and drama only. You may state that a drama because of its content might not be suitable for some people, children, or whatever 
 But I don’t think it is necessary to argue about drama production itself, or one’s own worldview.
But if someone wants a drama to be this and that and so on, should start writing one.

1 Like

If anyone has the time and will to help a bit, there are a ton of fake reviews to flag here, 99% of which before episode 1 was uploaded and quite surely most people - except those fluent in Korean - couldn’t even watch it because it’s not subbed in English yet.

Are you flagging them or down-voting them?

And to flag or not to flag this one? She has seen the episode, but didn’t really understand it. If she has seen it, I feel it should stay.

P.S. Viki Discussions system is accusing me of hogging the topic by posting more than 20% of posts here :laughing:

Edit: done flagging.

Done!
Maybe Viki should just split the section into Pre- and Review section with a function to mark your comment as the one or the other. It’s bothersome but doing nothing isn’t a choice either 

For people who haven’t watched at all or are only talking about licenses and subtitles, i do both.
And to flag or not to flag this one? She has seen the episode, but didn’t really understand it. If she has seen it, I feel it should stay.
[/quote]
In this case I only downvote, I don’t flag. I downvote because you can’t write a review of a whole show after watching only one episode, this is hardly a review. But it doesn’t deserve flagging.

People don’t even know how to use the “spoiler” tag. A lot of those reviews before the show airs, which only say “Oh I’m so excited about this, I can’t wait to see it”, are marked as “spoiler”. People are so ignorant. Obviously some don’t even know what a spoiler is. I don’t think they would catch the subtle difference if what you say was implemented.
It is much easier if Viki just disables reviews before the show is complete. (Complete as in completed airing on local TV, even if it’s not on Viki). This doesn’t allow stupid people to make stupid mistakes, knowingly or unknowingly.

1 Like