Spam hunt! What to do with Viki Comment Policy's violator?

They were deleted from user’s Disqus account, as well. There the only trace of anything weird is the fact that it says the user has 7 comments, but non are visible on her wall.

So, maybe we shouldn’t mark the comments first, but leave them and just report the user account on Viki with a link to the Disqus account. And if the comments don’t get removed automatically with the user, then report the individual comments, too.

2 Likes

And…there is a woman (ID dglee25_956) who left a nasty note re subbers/Viki/review police, etc) in the Review section. She consistently leaves these negative Reviews (why does she even watch Kdramas???). I was thinking of reporting her, but when you try to do it via her ID it’s confusing. Seems to state you can only report based on a “violation” of Viki’s terms. I wouldn’t exactly call it a violation then, but someone needs to stop this woman…not sure how.

@joongkijunkie

who left a nasty note

Being nasty is no reference to flag a review, but the other things are.

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000175408-Reviews-Policy

I became kind of strict with reviews like that. In the review policy you have those points:

Be helpful and relevant. When you leave a review, you are helping another Viki user decide if they should watch a show or movie. So, always aim to be relevant, respectful and helpful.
Submit a review only if you’ve watched the show or movie.
Stay on topic and give reasons to substantiate your rating for the show or movie (Please note that subtitle availability and/or quality are not considered relevant in reviews, and these types of reviews are subject to removal)
If you have any technical feedback, please contact our customer support team via this link.
If you’d like to start a new topic or conversation, please use the comments section.

Is the review about the drama, could a viewer get information about the drama to decide in watching it or not?
There is the point about relevant, respectful and helpful.

Submit a review if you watched a show? (If we would heed this point there would be many reviews gone already, I started to ignore this, I only tent to tempted, if someone writes “I have not seen it, but I give it a …”)

Stay on topic,… Saying "I love …, this is great, and after 5 words going on about subtitles or restrictions or … It’s not a review on the drama, it’s stating your opinion on Viki’s business concept these viewers won’t accept. Posting a question “When will subtitles be ready?” Is a misplaced comment, if it has 1 or 10 stars rating, doesn’t matter. Comment section it is, if I could “shift” them, I would.

If the review is no review in terms of Viki Review Policy, you may flag them.

1 Like

I would say if she is talking nasty about the subbing team all the time:

1. her Viki profile should be reported under “Violating community guidelines”, with a link to her Disqus profile as evidence;
  2. and then her comments should be reported on Disqus separately, as harassment

If only that one comment was nasty, flag it as harassment and under it comment, inserting what @lutra wrote. The comments section should be a positive space for discussion, not a space to throw blame on somebody, especially not a volunteer.

2 Likes

@bozoli - It’s the review section so Viki responsibility, not disqus comment section. I forgot this is a VPP owner, that means in this case of course owns the right to do the criticism. I won’t go more into detail here

Saw it. Don’t care if she pays. Reported with link to all her Reviews.

It’s like TONS of these comments. Not just one or two because she got angry. She is in a state of war against the Volunteer Community.

1 Like

You wonder, lets say there is a famous bakery who takes pride in a cake, the recipe was handed down for generations and liked by many. And there is a costumer that doesn’t like raisins, but it happens to be a raisin cake … So would one, because of such a complaint change an old recipe. Wouldn’t it be better for that person to find a product more likely to please the taste bots?

5 Likes

I really like your analogy :heart:

A lot of the former DF customers are precisely like this. They come in and say why isn’t Viki like DF? Well, that’s because it isn’t. Get used to it. Works just fine, or perhaps even better.

2 Likes

Okay, today for the first time I saw a Viki staff marked as Mod on the Comments section, calming a person down for criticizing subbing. Could this possibly be happening?

https://pa1.narvii.com/6320/2cdd3c538fc80e359bf07a09dda5341700b6059d_hq.gif

3 Likes

Where? Where?
(Sorry, I need to write a complete sentence, so Viki system doesn’t think I am doing nonsense here.)

hahahahaaa… it told me the same after i just wrote hahahaaaaaa

Link, link please!
(Tra la la lala la la la)

@lutra

Excellent (and yummy ~ I love raisins) analogy.

LOL!

Take a lookie…

https://www.viki.com/videos/1144696v-sky-castle-episode-15

1 Like

W_o_W

O_O … speechless

You would think that we would never live to see it :laughing:

1 Like

If anybody has a minute of their time… “Her Private Life” will first be made available on the 10th April. Until then all the “ratings” are garbage.

https://www.viki.com/tv/36550c-her-private-life#modal-review-see-all

1 Like

Done. Fortunately there were not that many.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Just found another “review” by dglee saying pretty much the same thing again in “Love In Sadness”. If you read her within-the-episode comments, they are ALL negative. IDK why she is even here!