Subtile editor br

I found something interesting.

When I copy something with a structure to the subtitle editor, the subtitle editor tries to keep the structure.
For example:
If I copy something like this:
“1
3”
Save it and exit/refresh the site, the editor authomatically adds br to create 3 lines.

After saving:

After refreshing:

This is soooo weird! I didn’t know it worked like that. I wonder if some of my subtitles in the past didn’t get destroyed by accidental brs added by the editor.
Did you know it worked like that?

Also, when I copy a long paragraph, the editor adds “” to it. Why? What for? What is going on?

5 Likes

Regarding the last thing you mentioned about the “”. Ive noticed it usually happens when there’s a space at the end of what you copied. For example, sometimes when I copy the translated OST from my document, if there’s an invisible space somewhere, it copies with questions. I’ll attach a picture when I get home…

5 Likes

That’s interesting. I have found the converse to be true. When I copy something which looks like the sentence wraps to another line, in the subeditor box it looks like this
xxxxxxx
yyyyy
but on screen it looks like this
xxxxxx yyyyy.
That is the soft line break is maintained in the subeditor box but on screen the soft line break is ignored and no < break > is inserted.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed the thing with the breaks too! Sometimes if I copy something from my document, like an OST, it’ll add a break in the editor itself but ignores it on the screen. Just like @cgwm808 said. It hasn’t happened in a while, though, so I had completely forgotten it was a thing that used to happen to me too. I usually just deleted the break in the editor just in case. I noticed that it was usually when there was an extra empty space in my document after the line itself.

2 Likes

Try refreshing the site. You will see that brs get added

3 Likes