Subtitle and Segment Abusers

i really appreciate who is able to do it: someone who can translate an entire ep in 10 minutes would be helpful…if only asked to be part of the team…and writed in the right language section.
But the issue is that not asking makes the work difficult for us… :confused:

1 Like

really?! it is hallucinating… only crazy people could think such things… D:

1 Like

Unbelievable!

I know, I cant even finish one part in 10 minutes. This person is so selfish, she is not only making it hard for the subbers but she is also not allowing other people to watch, since it takes longer to finish subbing. I told the portuguese moderator to pm the username of the abuser and she replied to me saying that this person is the same one subbing to spanish in many languages, they already deleted her account but she is always creating a new one.

The subbers of a certain team can be blocked inside the editor. We just discovered. The subber enter in the editor, open the part of the ep to be subbed and from that point the respective language can be blocked because the subber will be save in there while will not change or move from there till finishing. I hope explained well…

We had the same problem with the spanish abuser, just that she subbed a whole episode till we managed to stop her.

1 Like

Interesting, sure is worth to try :smiley: Thanks

I knew that only moderators can lock/unlock their language editor.
For example: i am the italian moderator: i open the editor, “more”, “lock/unlock subtitles”, and i can block italian subs. But how can my subbers re-open it? When I go into “Manage Channel”, “team”, it only appears “segmenter - insert username”. if i insert their names there, they can lock/unlock the editor, is it right?
if not, you understand I can not stay the whole day in front of my computer and open/close the section when they say to me: “i’m translating”. we have different schedules.

also, when I become moderator, I often open a discussion on VikiDiscussion, and I link it to the Cover page, so when a fans find an error on my language’s subs, they can easily report it to the team.
I think it is a deterrent to modify subs.

1 Like

Subbers can’t lock/unlock only mods and CM’s can and language mods can only do it for the language they are moderating as far as I know.
There is also this bug which sometimes locks subs and it already happened twice that it became locked while I was sleeping so my team could not work.

2 Likes

I didn’t said that subbers lock/unlock the editor (i do have much experience in moderating to be aware of that or maybe i didn’t explained well). The moderator open for you and when you get started, she/he blocks right away. The subber remain in the editor and do her/his job. And we know when our moderator is online, the team members use to communicate, no?

1 Like

I didn’t heard about such a bug, but have you heard about a all language moderator? Or even some CM use to block the other languages while is nobody working on, they know that moderators will reopen when is needed. There were many abusers in the last weeks, to prevent some to sub in other segments the staff blocked all the languages without asking the mods. or anybody.

They should recognize her IP adress to not allow to create a new account.

2 Likes

I think we do need a better tool for protect the subs better than the subtitle lock, because the idea of everyone locked inside the editor is good but you will have to stay there god knows how long…

1 Like

Did you mean, if we got lock inside we can work all the way even up to the next part ( mostly one episode have 6 parts) even under this circumstances? I just know it can work this way.

Till you finish your part. You can even take a break, just don’t leave or close that part you’re into. It’s the only one solution for a “on air” show and this is the point of not being all subbers online. If all could take their parts in the same time, this wouldn’t be necessary. But when there are 6 parts to sub and only 2 subbers online, this is damn good to prevent others from outside to touch the untaken parts, don’t you think?

@BeckyK - you start subbing a part, let’s say part 2 of 6 that are in total. The moderator can block right away and you can still work even the ep. was blocked. But you can sub just that one part you started. If you move to the next or previous part than you’ll be out and you’ll need to ask again the mod to unblock.

Ah…that’s how it works. Thanks @danylor, I just know it. Since most of us live in different time zones, it’s a bit hard to do especially for the mods.

1 Like

We’re working like that now on Heirs. It’s the first week we don’t have uninvited subbers or abusers, because it’s constantly blocked. The mod open the ep. just for the subber to go into the editor and start to sub the designed part.

Good luck for Heirs Team… It’s hard to manage popular shows…Gotta do something somehow as it attracts many viewers including those trolls.