Super Choosy With Your Dramas - Are You A Choosy Chick (or Dude) & WHY?

You mean all this was WITHOUT counting the Korean ones???

3 Likes

Some Korean dramas I picked up while ā€œpassingā€ ā€¦
Now I have the one from Singapore, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong very little to say, China. Incomplete now are still the very early stuff from Korea, when I didnā€™t note it down, I must look for pics, trailers, synopses (that will probably be the most misleading) and Thailand that will be even more ā€œfunā€ to search since some Thai lakorn are re-made up to 4 times since the 60s.

I am now by 751 completed Asian dramas, so LOL only 249 to go ā€œsupersonicā€.

So what is left now, is to collate the list of Korean dramas with the MDL list.
Wish me luck!

4 Likes

image just change your username to the one youā€™re searching for. It doesnā€™t work for people who have different Discussions usernames, but it works 90% of the time. I agree, there should be an easier, fully accurate method.

:scream::scream::scream:
AssuredRealKingbird-max-1mb

3 Likes

@vivi_1485
I am now at 929 completed Asian dramas it is especially hard for me to find the Thai lakorns I watched back then, so maybe it will still take some time to go supersonic. I found an old blog for them, I used it in the past, so there is a list ā€¦ We will see, if it will be a Thai make me go WOOOOSH or a Korean drama I am watching or will watch in the future.

3 Likes

So are you also adding them to MDL? It will be useful for other people who may be searching for them.

3 Likes

The Thai lakorns are already added at MDL, the problem is some of the stories have more than one re-make ā€¦ To find the right one ā€¦ Some are added with a Thai title others with an English title, if you go by actors, they might have done 20-40 lakorns, itā€™s just not an easy task, but I found an old blog again I used to read and she has made a list, now working with that, if I can find 60 percent of my watched lakorns that would already be okay, I donā€™t think I can recall them all since the last once I saw were on Viki and Viki had to take them down a few years ago.
Just not a simple task.

3 Likes

Why Does MDL not have a REWATCH category! My STATS would be much HIGHER!

Anyone got some new CHOOSY DRAMAS!!!

1 Like

Yes, it has!!

2 Likes

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH COOL!!! Good!

OK so does that add your re-watches into the count???

2 Likes

Yes, I didnā€™t update mine (I mean all of it), but it works!

2 Likes

Just updated W cuz I have watched it like 4 times! Aw, I love it!

1 Like

It has this option, when you open the dramaā€™s index card with complete f.e., then it has under the picture
general
advanced
history
ā€¦
In advanced, you can add how often you rewatched it and the rewatch value.
If that is what you are looking for?

1 Like

Thanks for explaining! Currently updating, but Iā€™ve lost count of all the stuff Iā€™ve rewatched :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I updated some of my sageuk dramas that I forgot to put in my list and now the amount of episodes has doubled (about 71 days added) :laughing: Still need to do the movies, but didnā€™t feel like it :blush:

Yeah, I saw this last time when I was looking at all the optionsā€¦ I donā€™t think Iā€™ll update it in this way :rofl:
Maybe only a couple.

2 Likes

Wowwww thatā€™s a LOT!!
btw, I donā€™t think itā€™s counting my rewatches to my days watched stat.

2 Likes

Pinterest

How Choosy Are You With Your Dramas!!! ?? Whatā€™s NEW!?

Iā€™ll just drop in to say that I am not really very picky. I have certain preferences, like a strong preference that there is at least SOME romance, but no real deal breakers except for sad endings. I just really donā€™t want to deal with sad endings.

3 Likes

I agree - I need at least a little romance - actually again still stunned that I like ā€œYour Honorā€ it is all about the court cases and the acting in this one. There is a cute little small romance. I REALLY like my angsty flirty, tension until they get together romances! My Secret Romance and Secret Garden are two of those intense flirt ones! But I am trying to move into some mystery/crime lately! We will see how long that lasts.

I am still trying to finish Empress Ki - Because Wookie is one of my loves - and he is phenomenal but every time I try I cry for 40 mins! So it may or may not get finished!

3 Likes

I am loving My Secret Romance. I am on ep 13 now so will finish it tonight. Hope it has a happy ending! Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Good ONE!!! Flirt to the MAX

2 Likes