The Drama Bingo! šŸŽ±

Does this mean you get another kind of drink or a poison or that it just isnā€™t tasty?

1 Like

No, because I didnā€™t even started on the drink part yet. Only on the nuruk. So in order to make that, you have to use broken wheat pieces, a little bit of liquid and form it into a ball. And then rest it on pieces of dried rice stalk (which I donā€™t have nor corn stalk, so I use a mat of dried straw).

And then you wait for it to attract bacteria and grow mold. The first few I made attracted black mold, which is a no no. The rest of them just dried out completely. No sign of mold at all. Sigh. I then tried it with rice. Same thing, it dried out. It was probably too cold when I tried it with the rice.

So, I never got to the actual process of making makgeolli, because my starter wouldnā€™t form.

For more info see this video. This guy also went through a whole trial method before he found what worked for him:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why itā€™s difficult to make San Francisco sour dough starter on your own outside the Bay Area. The climate makes local yeasts thrive and you canā€™t just make your own starter from scratch elsewhere and expect it to taste the same.

They sell ā€˜sourdoughā€™ here but it is NOT the same at all! In my opinion, they donā€™t know how to make decent bread in Idaho. Just that air bread/ white wonder bread junk. plagh!

3 Likes

Well, sourdough does tastes vastly different per country and sometimes even per region in a country :slight_smile:

@piranna If you had to make this bingo yourself, what would you put into it? And did you figure out what the SAT meant? :thinking:

1 Like

No at all!
I looked at the insta profile of this person and I think it might be in link with SAT exam because she went from high school to college this year and SAT is for college? Iā€™m not enough daring to contact her to ask LOL

My own bingo will be kind of empty! I rarely watch dramas but binging 1 is fine with me!

What about yours? In the link above, you can fill the blank cases of a bingo (like which drama you have watched or what did you begin to do after watching dramas? Etc.)

2 Likes

It reminded me of the German tv-channel, but thatā€™s probably not it. :sweat_smile:

I think I wouldā€™ve added:

• Felt sad about a villains death (I mean they shouldā€™ve died, but I felt bad)
  • Use more Korean irl
  • Wanted to Kimchi slap someone
  • Have an irrational fear of white trucks
  • Watched dramas of the same actor(s) back to back

Things like that? :rofl:

2 Likes

Hahahaha :ok_hand::laughing: that is cool!
I would actually lose if I have this bingo card!!

2 Likes

How exactly does that work?

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

AAAAGHHH! I HATE it when people waste food like that! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl:
Itā€™s like when I was in junior high in the lunchroom, suddenly a whole, long table of kids would stand and you had to duck fast because they all started throwing food at everyone in the room. OMG I hated those kids for that! Such a waste of food!

3 Likes

Always make sure you have kimchi in stock. You never know when you might need it. :rofl:

1 Like

Hahaha of course you can cook it afterwards. It will have the sweet taste of revengeā€¦ :rofl:

Iā€™m totally kidding though. I would never slap someone, let alone with kimchi. But some people make me want to slap them with kimchi. Just mentally :wink:

I do! Actually, I just finished mine TT Iā€™m making a new batch tomorrow :wink: but itā€™ll be carrot kimchi, soā€¦ not as effective.

1 Like

Is it hard to make? Iā€™ve only had it at a restaurant and once a canned version which tasted like pickles. What kind did you have today?

1 Like

No, just lots of patience and tiny little steps.
Salting and rinsing the cabbage takes most of the work, and cutting everything into small pieces.
The rest is easy :smile:

I finished my nappa kimchi. It was a really good, tasty batch. Usually I would make some dongchimi around this time, but I havenā€™t seen Korean mu in the past two years and this year I wonā€™t go hunting for them TT

So, no cold noodles in dongchimi broth this year either TT

I feel like I could continue talking about food, but Iā€™d have to continue in a different thread :wink: :blush:

1 Like

Just include the topic on your bingo card. :wink:

1 Like

Actually, if you talk about food from Kdramas or Korean food, maybe my bingo card will be more full XD
I love kimchijiggae, each time I see them eating it in dramas, I want to go to the restaurant and order kimchijiggae.
This soup is heaven, brings tears to my eyes!

I also crave tteokbokki. Was it in Splish Splash Love? I donā€™t remember it.
What was she eating already? Ramyun?

1 Like

Haha I could make an entire bingo card for k-drama foods :rofl:

Youā€™re right:

• Kimchi jjigae or doenjang jjigae
  • Tteokbokki.
    It is in so many dramas. Itā€™s really satisfying to make the tteok, but also fine to buy the packaged rice cakes
  • Samgyeopsal (Pork belly)
    Straight from the grill or in a ssam (wrap)
  • KFC, Korean fried chicken
    With sweet /spicy sauce or soy / garlic, yum :drooling_face:
  • Seaweed soup
    You usually see this served to new mothers or on bdays

Haha when Iā€™m on the pc Iā€™ll try to make a card, not sure if Iā€™ll succed :wink:

1 Like

My card might include: puts gochujang in traditional Dutch food! :joy:

2 Likes

Foods%20in%20(1)

Hereā€™s my Foods in K-dramas Bingo :laughing:
BTW ā€œuses gochujang in everything,ā€ isnā€™t meant literally. Just, if you use gochujang in the foods you make in daily life, itā€™s a bingo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I looked up a couple of compilation videos on foods in k-dramas and went down a few blogs to compile the list. I left some of the harder stuff off. I wanted to make a bonus round to and add jjapaguri / ramdon to the list, as well as chimaek, but haha nevermind.

You knew what my bingo would look like, right? :wink:

InkedFoods%20in%20(1)_LI

3 Likes