The Drama Bingo! đŸŽ±

So even if I don’t use it to style my hair, I can still cross it off, hahaha? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Exactly :wink:

2 Likes

This is my Kdramas food bingo!
I put what I want to eat after watching Kdramas!

20200516_110318

I have never tried patbingsu :sob: not found in restaurants I went.
Oh yeah, what was your skincare routine? Toner, Essence
?

2 Likes

InkedKFBingoFeyfayer_LI

As a vegetarian a lot of Korean food is “forbidden” for me. I did twice sort of make my own vegetarian versions of bulgogi though. Admittedly, the only authentic Korean ingredient in that was the far too hot bulgogi sauce, which gave my rice a beautiful red colour, but was impossible to eat without a popsicle in one hand during eating and lots of ice-cream afterwards. :dragon_face:
Later I discovered there were also regular bulgogi sauces, that weren’t as hot 
 :rofl:

Another problem is that in my area hunting for anything Korean is like going on a quest for the Holy Grail.

3 Likes

@mirjam_465 The Korean vegan (thekoreanvegan.com) has a lot of veganized recipes of Korean dishes. Maube you can check them out :slight_smile: I’ve tried making some of the dishes vegetarian / vegan because I went through a vegan phase myself due to having a meat sensitivity for a couple of years. So for most Korean dishes I know an alternative version. For bulgogi however
 maybe if you replace the meat with mushrooms like king oyster, shiitake or oyster mushrooms?

@piranna I never found it in a restaurant either, so I just make it at home. I used to crush the ice into snowflakes in my high-powered blender, but last year I got a kakigori ice shaver from Japan and now I can shave the ice into the right consistency :smile: Now I can enjoy the Chinese version as well (Baobing) :blush:

My skincare routine is: 1. cleanser, 2. toner, 3. exfoliant or serum 4. moisturizer 5. sunscreen (or at night some face mist). Not using any Korean brands though, only when I do one of those face masks that you see in dramas all the time.

2 Likes

Cool! Thanks. :slight_smile:

I once tried it with vegetarian “beef” and once with vegetarian “chicken”. Mushrooms sound great though. Actually, a Korean guy I talked to about it also suggested mushrooms. Still have to try it someday.

2 Likes

Oooh I should try that!! I might not have the right consistency but just want to try!

Recently, I have been adding more steps to my skincare routine (but to be honest, idk if that will change sth for my skin lol just to try).
Like you:

1. Cleanser
  2. Exfoliant
  3. Toner
  4. Essence
  5. Serum
  6. Snail eye cream
    (7. Sleeping pack when not lazy so it’s rare)

Have you ever done homemade skincare products? Do you have some recipes to share? I remember you were doing so for haircare routine!!

I have to wash my hair every day bec of covid and going outside. Do you have any tips to protect and nourish hair from everyday wash?

2 Likes

Do you use shampoo with harsh chemicals like sulfates? I would skip those :slight_smile: Or wash your hair with just water and an oil based soap.

My favorite toners are witch hazel or a infused apple cider vinegar & water mix :blush: I use it when I run out of my toner. And shea butter is a great moisturizer or a mix of oils.

3 Likes

I heard some people wash their hair with only conditioner (instead of shampoo, not in addition), but I’m not sure it would be sufficient to get potential virusses out of your hair.

And then there’s the No Poo “movement” with all kinds of variations (just brushing, washing with only water or homemade recipes like Feyfayer uses. Not sure if there’s anything useful for you @piranna, but you might want to google “no poo”.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your tips!! What type of mix of oils? I know very little about this :slight_smile:
I still use the coconut hack from irmar!
What do you mean “infused apple cider vinegar”? Is it something you infuse or do you buy it?

Let me check my shampoo! Oh yeah, it has sulfate! It was a dermo laboratory brand shampoo
 weird!
I will look for another one. It is difficult to find a shampoo that goes with you

1 Like

Thank you, Mirjam! I haven’t heard about “no poo method,” wow!
5 years, it’s incredible! :open_mouth:
I googled “no poo” and going to take a further look, I saw the apple cider :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:grin: I am a sorry NO BINGO HERE person. Can’t get most of these items in Idaho.

kdramafood If by ‘love of rice’ you mean that I eat rice all the time, I do ever since I was a little kid. :rofl:

Oh hey Culture shock
 My mom told me that when she and dad first got married she served rice at dinner and he just looked at it.
“Why are you giving me rice for dinner? Rice (pudding) is breakfast food.”

She was like, “What do you mean rice pudding? This is steamed rice, You eat it with your other food.” :joy:

Yea, he was a meat and potato guy and my mom was a pasta and rice cooker. :rofl:

AWW!! My mom was so MEAN! DO you know she knew how to make HOME MADE ravioli from scratch! Like the pasta and the stuffings! She even had a 3 foot long, waffelated ravioli stick. (That was really good for chasing off annoying siblings! :blush:
 oops! but I digress. ) Did she EVER Make it for us!?! NO WAY! She just bought some at Lucca delicatessen. :laughing: She claimed it was too much work. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl:
She’d make Bolognese and Marinara all the time with store bought noodles but never pasta from scratch.

I’ve never bought spaghetti sauce in a jar cuz I was spoiled and learned how to make it better than store bought. :grin:

4 Likes

I think that in the 4-part Japanese “Secret Forest” series we are shown, in great detail, how she makes some spirit out of rice. I don’t remember whether they called it sake, though.

2 Likes

Do you have a clip of it? I tried to look for it, but couldn’t find it so easily, so I didn’t watch it.
Although, if it’s a Japanese series, she probably used a koji starter, which is common in Japan. Although, I didn’t see the series, so I’m just guessing here :slight_smile:

I love koji, it’s so versatile. You can make sake, miso, soy sauce, fish sauce, dried aged beef, etc., with it.
Nuruk however, is completely different, so I can’t use koji as a sub TT.

@piranna Most shampoo’s have sulfates in it though. It’s a cheap and very effective way of stripping everything from your hair, but it’s often too harsh. Most shampoo’s in stores have sulfates.

I make it myself. I have so many infused vinegars at home, but the one I use for my hair would be rosemary infused or rose infused vinegar. Just put dried / fresh rosemary or dried roses in your vinegar and put it in a dark spot for 6 weeks. Shake every so often. After 6 weeks, filter and use :blush:

My favorite oils are sweet almond oil, jojoba oil and avocado oil. You can blend them the way that works best for your hair. I don’t have a set amount. Based on what my hair is like, I add more of one of the oils than the others based on their properties (for example 33% / 33% / 33% or 50% / 25% / 25%), which you can google for each oil. Some of the oils were sold out, so now I will try to blend in some MCT coconut oil and pumpkin seed oil.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I am not allowed to tell you where I watched it, but you can find it pretty easily with a simple search.
It wasn’t a clip, it was the whole thing, and I really don’t remember in which of the 4 parts either. I am guessing winter? But it’s a soothing, interesting film/drama, so it’s worth watching in its entirety. Of course I had to cover my eyes when she killed the birds and then proceeded to process them for food.

As for the liquor, if I remember correctly she started by soaking/boiling the rice and letting it ferment. Something like that. I don’t seem to remember any starter, but of course I may be wrong.

1 Like

Lol your father xd His face must have been quite a sight for your mother xd

Rice is life! I love rice!

Oh yeah, it can be really long to make some raviolis, just preparing the stuffing (washing, peeling, cutting) and then shaping! I understand your mom lol

2 Likes

Thank you!
I’ll try the rose vinegar, got some roses to use :slight_smile:

I have to buy oil! Can I use the same oil for face and for hair?

1 Like

Haha, I grew up with having pancakes for dinner. But when I was living in Finland my Canadian flatmate told me she ate them for breakfast! Once a Spanish girl who lived in our street came over to make pancakes with her, early in the morning. I was served first, cause I had to leave soon cause of an exam. That was the first time I had pancakes for breakfast.

Later I heard from other foreign students that they had pancakes for dessert! :rofl:

Well, nowadays I just eat pancakes whenever I want to, hahaha.

4 Likes

Ooh I didn’t know ppl also ate pancakes for dinner :drooling_face:

I’m like your Spanish friend, breakfast!
Also for dessert or brunch.

I like the combo:
Pancakes, mapple sirup, banana, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and chocolate spread! With vanilla ice cream too

3 Likes

I’m kept getting results for a Korean secret forest and a Japanese “sleeping forest”, but that didn’t seem right. I’ll search for it later.

Yes of course :smile:

1 Like