The highlight of your day

I found this and thought I would put it on here letting y’all know I do appreciate you

5 Likes

my highlight for the day!

here’s one for me, some of you know , and I have discussed it a bit on the different links and so on, about me being on this diet,

I went to the dr today finally, for a check-up here is some results.
1 a1c , 6.2
2blod pressure 120/70
the weight, have lost 10 lbs,
those numbers are the lowest in over a year! and really believe its being on this diet,

6 Likes

:muscle: Congratulations, Mary!

1 Like

:heart_eyes: Such serene pictures, Gaby!! I took last week some colorful sunsets but with iphone it’s not the best camera lens, I never understand that such expensive gadget and compared to the cost it has a not up to par camera lense(s) (me currently 6s in possession).

I find watching a moon :first_quarter_moon_with_face: :last_quarter_moon_with_face:in all stages very magical and indeed moon has impact on many things like our behavior, water (tides) and animals… it is an important planet for everyone :wink:

1 Like

Wow that’s great Mary!:clap: I wished I could loose weight, what diet are you on? I just fluctuate between 2 to 4 pounds in a week… I don’t understand I have never a constant same weight, whether I eat or not… whether I exercise or not no true loss… it’s a mystery to me I need at least 10 to 20 lbs less to get rid of fat… I feel sometimes like in a “fat suit” not that Im overly fat looking just don’t feel it’s me LOL :rofl:

Your hard work paid off! Keep on doing what ever you are doing :muscle::+1:

1 Like

I love watching the moon and it feels really mystical. Full moon has that special force of attraction which even a thousand stars lack.

You might find these images really astonishing and breathtaking!

I find night skies really cozy and many poets might not agree but for me winter nights are more prepossessing than a summer night with echoing melodies of crickets.

5 Likes

@simi11
Thank you, I am glad that you also like the pictures :relaxed::relaxed:
I totally understand you, I have 2 cameras that are really good, but rarely take pictures with them… When you get a camera ready to take pictures… Do you have to take pictures :thinking:

But the spontaneity lies in the smartphone :grin:
Only which Smartphone has a good camera?
It has taken, Until I found the right smartphone for myself :smiley:

It is not a moon

Screenshot_20201124_194941

Screenshot_20201124_195023

7 Likes

:open_mouth::open_mouth: @gaby_heitmann_975 you live at such a great location!

2 Likes

@twinkling
We all live there, It just depends on the point of view “perspective” :blush::heart:

4 Likes

I put the list somewhere,on one if these pages, you just find it, no sugar, no bread, no pasta and theres more, but the bread & sugar was my culprit. and have lost it, also don’t miss it. now for thanks giving sorry but I am going to have a piece of pecan pie and pumpkin pie!! so thats that!!

piranna thank you!

ok y’all time for tea!!!

ok y’all time for tea!

What a charming tea-themed birthday cake!

Auntie Anne’s Corner of Life

2 Likes

I will be gone for a couple of days, celebrating thanksgiving with family

6 Likes

Me too! I think it’s normal to fluctuate between 500 g to 2 kg every day, because:

• it depends when you weigh yourself.
    I heard it was recommended to do it at the same hour in the morning before eating, because during the day you eat and drink. Even water counts.

• it depends on your clothes (shirt, big sweater…).
    Last time I went to the doctor, he deduced 1 kg from the scale because of clothes.

Maybe look for what part of your body you want to lose weight and find exercises for this part specifically.

I found that the diet is really important.

• If we eat too salty or too sugary, the body will retain more water (homeostasis) and so + kg.

• If we eat late at night and soon after we sleep, our body doesn’t have time to release the energy we just eat and will store it. So don’t eat dinner late at night.

• Then, the type of food and the type of activity.
    If there are too many carbs (pasta, rice, bread, potato…) and not enough physical activity, the body will store the excess. If I eat pasta at noon, I try to limit carbs I will eat at diner, but I still eat carbs because of the aftereffects from excluding carbs.
    If we don’t do much physical activity, less carbs we eat. If we’re still hungry, we can eat more ingredients with fibers or proteins.

• Prefer something freshly cooked vs. Restaurants or frozen food, because for the taste, they add oil, sugar, salt, sauce, additives that make us fatter. When you cook, you can control the quantity of butter, sugar, salt you put inside your food.

Ex: Mcdonald’s sauce and their big mac lol
Limit the consumption of sauce in your salad.

• there are ingredients that will lessen the hungriness feeling during the day like oatmeal, apples, water… list on the internet.

• What you wear: not too hot, not too cold. Don’t put heating system too high, so the body will spend more energy to maintain the body’s temp at 37°C.
    I read that cold showers could help a little bit with weight loss and skincare lol
    But don’t fall sick!

Maybe you can also ask advice from your doctor or do a check-up or blood test when the situation will be less dangerous.

Planets turn around a star like the sun whereas satellites like our moon turn around planets.

Callisto is one of the satellites of Jupiter that has around 80 satellites or moons, it’s also beautiful:

From our planet, we see a dot lol

3 Likes

I am back nice to visit but no place like home!

6 Likes

WELCOME BACK!!! Discussions just isn’t the same without you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
on a side note: highlight of my day-- i was watching Shopaholic Louis and in one scene they were sitting in a bar and EXO’s Lotto was playing! I almost fell off my bunk bed in surprise, it’s so awesome to hear my favourite band just randomly play in restaurants and bars in kdramas (this happened in Descendants of the Sun and another i can’t remember rn)!!!

1 Like

and in some of those dramas if you listen closley they sometimes play old some songs in the background, course so softly you have to strain to listen, I have heard a lot of them !

sso good to be back home, nice to visit but home sweet home!!

ok here we go!!

my highlight of the day? me coming back home and uplifting y’all, and know some of you like what I do for you.

1 Like

when the day is over, its all quiet and I am ready tol gol to bed!

2 Likes

I think the highlight of my days usually are when I’m able to catch up with friends that I can’t see anymore due to the pandemic :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Today was the second day of snow. It’s sad that we get so little snow here in the south, due to global warming it isn’t the same as it used to. As a kid I remember it used to be -20 or -30 (sometimes) and snow from October to April, the land was beautiful and you could do all the winter outdoor activity that kids love (pulkka was so fun). During my parents time as children it used to be even colder and they have seen a bigger climate change. However, seeing snow brings a great feeling of hope, even if only for a day, since it means mother nature is still in this fight. Not as great of a feeling as first snow. Feeling hopeful, even just because of a snowy and cold weather, is really nice because that means all the everyday stress, worry, anxiety etc. won’t get to you as easily and thus the snow brings a certain calm and inner peace. Unlike the ever more warm summers which make it harder to sleep etc. :smile:

Sorry, didn’t take a new pic, so I’m gona recycle the old one, but the ground looked the same. :blush:
Should probably take new fresh pictures next time.

6 Likes

love to look, but it can stay right there!!

1 Like

I’m so used to the Peter, Paul & Mary version that I couldn’t listen to this all the way through. The original is much slower but really beautiful. I found it on YouTube.

2 Likes