The highlight of your day

highlight! Finally got to bike over and spend an evening with my best friends…I totally forgot how much fun it was to laugh and fangirl together :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: we had so much to say!

3 Likes

It’s so nice that you could visit your friend! Glad you had a nice time.

1 Like

3 Likes

this is for yesterday

y’all going to share a bit of a laugh with you about yesterday, I had a Drs appt. which is fine, needed to get there at 9, traveled my route, and guess what part of the road blocked cause of repairs, I went around blocks to get to where I was going,

good call. got there, and had to fill out paperwork as usual. anyway, had testing done, ac1 a 6! and had work done for the thyroid, blood sugar level 126, so I was feeling very good at that time.

I go to the car, get ready to pull out, and BAMB! I hit a car, fender bender, course with all the plastic nowadays, I smushed it good, oh no injuries on either part, tried to call my insurance company, forever to get them, they wanted to send me to claims 1 a robot, I hung up, re-called, he sent me to a live person this time, and couldn’t understand her aty all!

called the police, an hour !!! tjo get there. the officer asked what happened, oh yeah, where I was parked the guy was illegally parked and also a beautiful black car, and new!!! about made me sick to see that. anyway, we waited and waited and waited. the people eventually left.

so I got in my car started it up, um nope no can do battery dead, called son, messaged him, he finally got there, oh and the officer was kind enough to try to jump my car, but just wouldn’t do it.

son did too after the officer left. so I decided to call towing service, another hour to wait. he finally came, took my car to the guy in Cary. anyway, what a day. I still am exhausted, drained, and so on. no energy this morning.
y’all have a great day!! I plan to!

4 Likes

How awful! What a mess! I hope you have better days from now on!

2 Likes

I will, the car will be fixed today,

2 Likes

yyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaa got my car! battery & starter, wow things to make a car go!!

my highlight for the day, now going for a walk, heheheh, just got my car and now going for a walk, go figure!!

5 Likes

My school friend visited me for 2 days, we baked pizza :pizza:from scratch and chatted and chatted… my jaw hurts :laughing: I felt like the world was for a brief time normal again… but it’s still not with corona lockdown… quo vadis? Folks, stay healthy!

5 Likes

ahhh it’s wonderful to meet people you love after a long time…and pizza is the cherry on top! :sweat_smile:

My highlight was LJG’s new Instagram post…he’s so nice to fans and his new look is really cool too! these guys just don’t age, do they?!

2 Likes

someone sent this to me, and just thought I’d share this with you this morning. what a way to start a day!

.I was at Bass Pro today and heard a loud crash and something shattering. Being nosy, I walked towards the sound and saw some people whispering and looking back to the end of the next aisle. When I walked down that aisle, I saw that an elderly man had hit a shelf and many things had fallen to the ground and broken. He was kneeling on the floor embarrassed, frantically trying to clean up. I felt so bad for him. Every one was just standing there staring at him. So I went and knelt beside him and told him not to worry and started helping him pick up the broken pieces. After about a minute, the store manager came and knelt beside us and said, “Leave it, we will clean this up.” The man, totally embarrassed said, “I need to pay for all this.” The manager smiled, helped him to his feet and said, “No sir, we have insurance for this, you do not have to pay anything!” If you have read this far, give me another minute.

Wherever you are, close your eyes, and imagine God doing the same for you! Imagine the broken pieces of your mistakes or the pieces of your broken heart from all the blows life has thrown at you all over the floor, and you’re there trying to collect all of the pieces and fix them yourself. Now imagine God comes and kneels right down beside you, smiles and says to you, “Leave it all there, I will clean this up for you.”

He loves you that much and wants to put all of those pieces back together if you will let Him! With Him we have this insurance, and it’s called GRACE! It’s free! All you have to do is ask Him to forgive you, help you, and to heal you. He’s faithful, I promise! 📷 He did it for me! He will do it for you!

Please copy, paste, and share this like I did. Someone somewhere needs to hear it. ❤️

4 Likes

Dear all, who would have thought of today a year before?
And yes, this thread is celebrating its 1st b-day!:birthday:

More than 800 comments, :clap:t6::clap:t6::clap:t6::clap:t6:
more than 3.700 views, :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
32 users, :heartpulse:
2.200 likes, :revolving_hearts::two_hearts::heart::purple_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart::heart_decoration::heartpulse::sparkling_heart::gift_heart:

• our most ardent commenter Mary with 200.

So I wish all of you who contributed to this topic at least one highlight every day, be happy and healthy! I am happy to see that this thread coming up occasionally and that we still manage to cope somehow and do some uplifting for everyone not only in this thread but in many others too.

See you around and stay safe everyone.

5 Likes

The highlight of today was this morning news, informing that those who got the 2 dose of covid19 vaccine, will be able to travel, go in to movie theaters, and do many other things when we show our ‘‘special ID.’’ (proof of vaccination) Already planning my trip this summer with the help of the stimulus check Feeling blessed.

3 Likes

my highlight was another day! sun shining, birds singing, flowers blooming, and yes I do plan to plant some flowers today! 70-80 degree weather, YES!! thii the weekend that is. but thats ok too, can enjoy the (SON) shine too, gonna do some walking as well! this senior lady will be enjoying the warmth!!

3 Likes

Congrats :tada: lutra to 1 year anniversary :birthday: of your post, as you can see engaging in and spreading positive attitude has a big impact on all of us! Keep on going with the good things and btw when is your next anniversary with Viki once wiikii, let us know :star_struck::blush:

3 Likes

yeah happy birthday to this thread

I had in February already 11 years on this platform.

5 Likes

been awhile since I have been here but hewre goes. today supposed to hit the 90’s mazrk, so I did some weeding, and planted some zinniaz, transplanted some irisus which were root bound. so thats my highlight today,

5 Likes

ok, I hjave been with out electricty for 4 days, been roughing iot, my highlight for today?/ electricity is back on!!

2 Likes

Good for you that it is back! I couldn’t imagine 4 days without it. The last longer black out we had was about 8 years ago and lasted for only 2 hours, my mom was “lucky” that day staying in the hospital, they have their own electricity if needed, so only my dad and I were sitting at home by candlelight. Nothing you would need every day, but still a fond memory, as we sat down and just talked, when normally he would have sat on the couch watching his favorite cocking show.
Thanks to you, I remembered that.

2 Likes

Deleting this. Delete.

1 Like