The highlight of your day

Highlight of the day is that these fit again, I couldn’t zip them last autumn/winter but now they fit perfectly around my calves:
boots

And an other highlight this week was that I finally exchanged my 2 Viki QC giftcards and got those for cheap.

:partying_face:

6 Likes

Mine is I woke to another day. I went to work as I woke with parents and child from pre-kindergarten to 8th grade which would be from 4years old to 14 years old. One little boy said to me Im so happy to see you again can you walk me to my class grab my hand and on we went. As you stated and what is going on in the world this little smile of this young boy my day. I work as a liaison for home to school also i am on a support crisis team for our students. Sorry to ramble. But that.

6 Likes

@simi11
Such a really beautiful maple tree :heart_eyes: We have a red maple and it already makes a lot of work when it loses its leaves, How does it look there with such a tree, but it is really so beautiful :blush:

For this we have a cherry laurel tree (Not a real laurel) in the garden, The also wants to go everywhere, but the beautiful thing about this tree, he smells so wonderful :blush:

Thanks for the tips with the nettles, we have a lot of them afterwards It’s worth it :blush::blush:

1 Like

Don’t apologise for “rambling”…I love reading about the little joys of life :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: this is one of my favorite threads here!

3 Likes

me too! that also makes MY day as well!

talkng about rambling?
my son came over yesterday, I don’t know how we even started this conversation, but from believing God, proving him or not, to outer space, the universe, t5o parallel universes, to are we even real, I mean some waaaay out conversations! middle earth, yeah Atlantis, then he mentioned Lemuria and the so called new discoveries new seas and so on, but still, a conversation maybe weirsd, but I really enjoyed the conversation! very interesting indeed! p/s he isnt a young kid, age 56. a consparicy theorist nut. but the rambling, I loved it!!

6 Likes

highlight of my day: I was looking out of my seventh-floor pigeonhole apartment window all bogged down with life’s worries and all the bad news going around in the world…and suddenly I saw a fire truck pull up and firefighters got out. They freed a bird tangled in some threads up in a tall tree. It suddenly made me feel light, because such things still happen even in these times :blush: The moment the bird was free and flew away, there was lots of applause from other people stuck in their own apartments!

6 Likes

Deleting this. Delete.

5 Likes

I saw just recently some stories on youtube like a guy saving a baby bear cub, and mama watching, and well I won’t give it away, but he didn’t have to worry about fish!!! and there are a lot more
we aren’t alone but sometimes sure do feel like it. I know calling someone, visit someone, walking the dog helps a lot, just reaching out helping others is a good thing too.

4 Likes

I just got back from Aruba!

6 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

If you want the short version, scroll down until HIGHLIGHT
Yesterday in telegram style regarding my laptop:
Battery full, battery low, re-charged, battery full, battery low, no re-charge after some fumbling, re-charge, battery at 17 percent … Shut down - give it a rest, start again - hurray unannounced Win update, re-start, 2nd hurray another Win update, even there was one a day before … annoyed - left with 2 percent battery a little fumbling, nothing happens, another try, a little smoke, pulling the plug - 1 percent - zero percent - me devastated.

Today - calling my computer shop, closed only contact via e-mail hurray, only have my laptop to write emails - in times of computer and internet, no phone book at home, calling the directory assistance the good old fashion way. LOL First number - this number does not exist - hurray another time just wonderful. Now getting all the numbers of computer shops in that one street 5 in total. First the one with the number that did not work, now there service number … whatever, does ring but doesn’t sound “healthy”. Next one because of “C” working hours from 11am to 4pm. Me HELP. Next one "at the moment we are not available - Me SIGH - next one - just ringing. Next one 10am to 6pm - Me well another 1,5 hours to go.
10am I am calling the last shop on my list, they need to make appointements because of “C” but there is one available on noon. YESSSSSSSSS!
I told him the story bat-power-smoke, he tried another PSU, mine even had the blank cables at some point, and tada (drumroll version light in German) it’s up and running. 50 Euros but what the heck.
HIGHLIGHT
It was only the PSU broken and not my laptop, back again after less than a day offline, felt like at least 2 days (haha, just caught myself saying something like this), it is a bit of a scare not to have internet access in these days.
Wish you all failure-free devices! See you around.

5 Likes

Yayy!! My dad took apart my desktop CPU to clean it and now it won’t work when I turn it on :sob:
I know he’ll fix it as soon as his work lets up, but oh well it’s been torture😂

3 Likes

Haha, I can relate wholeheartedly. Fingers crossed!

4 Likes

My smartphone broke…
There is everything on it, over 2000 pictures, just everything :scream: I had extreme heart palpitations…
The repairman has managed so far that it worked again… But he still said, "make a backup, that will surely come again. At home I found out how to do it, after all you don’t make a backup every day… Everything done, data was safe, Not 10 min later the smartphone broke again… But it was no longer bad, the pictures were saved :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

My Highlight for today, Closingtime, weekend and Vacation :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:
It was also time, I had the feeling that I would not make it to the vacation :grin:

3 Likes

IMG-20210521-WA0012
2 hours to get over here.

7 Likes

in about 2 hrs it is “21 Uhr” aka 9 o’clock aka 9pm

1 Like

A young lady who I have just gotten to know recently (one of my good friends daughters) asked me to come to her graduation. It was outside and hot but I was honored that she asked me to come.

Very talented special young lady too

7 Likes

Day 2 of transplanting veggies and flowers on my balcony and cleaning after. My balcony is small and like a “noodle” oblong. I planted potatoes a month ago, now I have 2 cherry tomatoes, a cuke, a pepper, some beets, kale and arugula. For flowers I have lavender, nasturtium, calendula, sweet basil (I thought it was holy basil/tulsi but it’s not :frowning: ) and red hibiskus, then some herbs… I wanted get nettles in the woods but that’s for next time… my hands and back are sore :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Talked to a friend last night for like 3 hours that I have not talked to in FOREVER.

Talked to a friend for 3 hours today that I have not talked to in 5 years.

CALL someone and hear their voice - oh WOW what good Therapy! I laughed and laughed.

7 Likes