The highlight of your day

How lucky you are to have such beautiful butterflies visit you!

2 Likes

I would pull up in my driveway because the zinnias were by my mailbox. I’d have to jump out and take photos - lots of bees and butterflies and birds love those zinnias.

1 Like

I used to have zinnias at my second-to-last house. Oh my, the bees!

2 Likes

image image image

4 of these swallowtail butterflies fed on my parsley last year, I bought additional parsley to feed them, then 2 did a cocoon the 3rd wandered off and 4th didn’t grow and died off. So I watched the 2 coming out of the cocoon, it was a one in a lifetime experience for me :heart_eyes: I had monarchs in my backyard in the past… so beautiful.

6 Likes

Another one is blooming tonight! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

What a unique shape! It’s just as pretty as it opens up as it is in full bloom.

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart: So beautiful :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I went out cycling on yesterday morning with my parents… I was a total third wheel, so I got my kpop men to keep me company by singing in my ears the whole time :joy:

But it was so much fun, just breathing the cool air, looking at the trees, the water, everything. I was just thanking God over and over for the beautiful world He lets me experience!
image image

8 Likes

@vivi_1485
As cruel as nature can be, it also has plenty of versatile beauties and be it enjoying time outside with parents, the air, the animals… :heart:
Doesn’t it give you a feeling of security ( Geborgenheit?? ) and freedom?! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

@simi11
This is also such a pretty butterfly :butterfly::butterfly: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

image20210802_125130426
My first official paid leave day of the year, I have 5 week of unlimited time to do everything I otherwise can’t. So I’m in my virtually empthy local library reading my own book. I’ve piled up tons of interesting book over the past years waiting to be read. This time I’m reading a English language book.

10 Likes

I love bumblebees and what they represent.

They should not be able to fly according to the laws of physics, but they fly anyway. They completely ignore “reality” and make life beautiful by pollinating flowers.

We could do much worse than to emulate the life of the bumble bee, called the “humble bee” in the early days of the American colonies.

4 Likes

I saw a monarch butterfly this morning when I took a bag of trash out to put it in the trash toter. I was irrationally happy. I have not seen one in quite a few years. Of course, for the past two years or so, I’ve been living in my house. :slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Love how it’s both simple and elegant at the same time.

3 Likes

It’s a good idea to have flowers of flowering shrubs that monarch like, I had this blue/lilac bush with clusters of smalls blooms and a nice scent, apparently the monarch butterflies like them. It flowers August/Sept so I had every day a handful that came. I think it was the butterfly bush, but you can google or ask at a garden center.

2 Likes

Butterflies love those zinnias and they are easy if they work in your area - I found butterflies and bees ALL over them all the whole growing season. Also you should see humming birds around a lot of your flowers depending on where you live.

We got tons of hummingbirds at our last house. I’ve seen a few around our new house, so I need to get some things planted that attract them more, as well as putting out our feeders.

1 Like

image image image image

@gaby_heitmann_975

4 Likes

@kdrama2020ali
Such beautiful pictures again, how you just do it, lovely thank you :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Dragonfly when I was taking some pictures out front today! :beetle:

5 Likes