The highlight of your day

It takes something to create something from an idea Simi . .:slight_smile:
And even if it seems so small at the beginning, it is in the end something wonderful that you have created and can be proud of yourself :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

This reminds me the book I bought for my kids and it’s really touching.
Something from Nothing. The creative way a grandfather makes his grandchild happy from his favorite blanket until it becomes only a button :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Have not posted a highlight for a long time …
Watched the sunrise this morning and it was just beautiful in past weeks the sun was all too often behind gray clouds today there was no sole cloud a little foggy but not much just enough to make it look more mystical. It is still windy and a little stormy. I think other regions f.e. the north had it harder …

6 Likes

oh yeah, we’re in the middle of a storm, so that one moment made it all the better that put a smile on my face and i was lucky enough to capture it. :relaxed: well on pictures it doesn’t look as much as nature reveals, but I think you’ll understand how I felt ?!

IMG_20220217_190148

9 Likes

Gaby, the picture looks so mysterious, could it be that there is some message in it :wink: ?

3 Likes

unglaublich oder Simi :hugs:

As children we liked to watch clouds and which animals or pictures you could see in the clouds :slight_smile:

this picture has a lot of magic :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

image20220315_163659068
Still some snow, melting during the day, freezes during the night, icy in the morning and wet in the afternoon. One season changing again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi :wave:t5::blush: :raising_hand_woman:t5:‍♀ @mattlock!!
Spring is coming for Finland!!
:tulip::bouquet::tulip::sun_with_face::partly_sunny:
Cheers! :clinking_glasses: :beers: :grin:

1 Like

Today feels like spring is coming, most snow has melted and it’s t-shirt weather. Warm bright sun, 7c, breeze-y.

4 Likes

who doesn’t know the famous sentence “I carried a watermelon” :joy::joy:
and my highlight is…
I planted a melon…
actually it’s not that funny and still I’m throwing myself away laughing :joy:

@lutra
I wanted to tell you that… tomato, cucumber :grimacing:, kohlrabi, radishes, yes peppermint anyway and now the melon :joy: I just have to laugh at the melon

2 Likes

Working hard at store Dept. Store :muscle::man_construction_worker:

20220515_115202

20220515_115155

Then taking a breather :sleeping: :zzz:

20220515_115333

20220515_115339

3 Likes

Hello everyone :slight_smile: :partying_face:
I have a few questions…so one to several🤭

Have any of you had experience with Reiki ?
Is it actually helpful or just a belief placebo effect ?
Can Reiki also be used on cats and if, goes also remote Reiki… ?

Is Reiki just disappointing when you see that nothing is different?
Is Reiki just a scam to pull money out of people’s pockets ?

Maybe someone of you already has experience and can help me a little :slight_smile::slight_smile:

Kind regards :slight_smile:

Sorry @lutra
but it could also be a highlight

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s called “petting” and they like it a lot :cat2: :smile_cat:

2 Likes

I volunteer at a local hospital and we offer Reiki to our patients. If I remember it correctly, it is a sort of energy healing. Although I’ve never experienced it myself, the patients who have received the service seemed to like it.

3 Likes

@adrianmorales
my cat is so extensively stroked and cuddled by me :slight_smile::slight_smile::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Unfortunately, she is actually ill and it is of no use to her :pensive:

@choitrio
Yes exactly, it is supposed to be a kind of energy healing, but does it actually bring improvement ? Or is it “only” a kind of wishful thinking ?
And can really all practice Reiki, or are there beautiful flowers and the rest are weeds ? “Although here again the question would be who determines what is weed” sorry Choitrio if I confuse you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My highlight for today: “Negative!” I think you all know, what I mean :wink:

@gaby_heitmann_975
I heard acupuncture works quite well to at least let the cats endure pain better. I don’t know about needles and Emma or Maggie, but why not get some information and maybe try then, if it seems okay?

2 Likes

I am not qualified to answer your questions but I found this article for you. I hope it helps.

2 Likes

@choitrio
I have not yet found on Google such a report about Reiki and animals “cats”
Thank you very much for this Link :hugs::hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It is not easy in this matter when the heart says go try it, maybe it will help the cat…
And the mind asks "and if not ?

@lutra
Thank you very much too :hugs::slight_smile::hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
That would also be a very good idea with acupuncture, only unfortunately Maggie is a fear cat and as soon as visitors come she is gone :face_with_monocle:
So I would have to catch her beforehand and put her under stress. and trigger extreme breathing in her,
I have to do this to her every two weeks when we have to go to the vet because of the cortisone. … It’s really not easy with her :pensive:

3 Likes

A highlight as big as a “barn gate”.
Yesterday I wrote that my highlight was the word “negative”, however the whole story behind it is that this weekend was filled with anxiety, but now the “storm” is over the sea is gentle again …
If you wonder why I am using such words, the last two weeks were extremely hard all in all my mom “tried” to fall 3 times, two times I could save her, which brought pain to my neck, shoulders, wrists, back, knees and … Anyway, but she came out fine, unfortunately with the last one she broke the infamous bone that elderlies should better not break. She had such a time that when midnight passed and her 80th b-day started, she was in the ER and late in the evening the same day she had surgery. For now, everything looks promising, if there is no infection or other “things” her recovery could get her back on her own two feet again in a few weeks or months.
At the moment I feel like shouting out a big and loud THANK YOU!!! I’ll give everyone a cyber hug, if you want it or not, but I am just happy she is still alive and that so far it looks really promising. Knock on wood - knock, knock, knock …

4 Likes

Wow, I’m sorry this is happening to you and your mom.
I’m happy to hear she is doing okay for now though :blush:.

Thank you for your hug :smile:

2 Likes