The new Video player beta version - I hate it!

What could I have said? “Let’s hope not:))”

1 Like

As expected, some bugs came with the new changes. I’m wondering if anyone else is having the same problems: you know how, under the episodes in the list of episodes, it shows the percentage of your language. Well, it showed German under mine. I went and clicked one episode: the automatically selected subtitles were the German ones. Now, I had this happen with German and Spanish some times, and I knew I have to choose at one random episode, any drama, Romanian (my language) as the selected language, and everything came back to normal. Did the same now, and the percentage in the list of episodes is… well, still German. Ja wohl:))
Anyone with the same symptoms? Any tip to solve this?..

Thanks for this - have completed it and can only hope they take note…

Problem resolved makes no sense to keep what I wrote here.

Apart from other things that may be a question of preference, consider this.
You cannot access the subbing tools without first opening the episode. Now the episode takes a little time to load. First you see everything blurry and you need a few seconds to even see the tools and be able to click them (and you need two different clicks to access SE. Whereas we as volunteers often only want to go to the tools, we don’t need the episode to load.
But even if you want to see how something looks on screen, and you need to hop from episode to episode to check, then the loading time adds to the frustration.

2 Likes

Odiei essa mudança de exibição (player) no Viki, como legendas estão pequenas (a mesma configuração de aparência para Hudge). Tem como voltar ao jeito antigo? como fazer?
Tenho uma visão sub-normal e como letras grandes que eu mais gosto no Viki. Do jeito atualizado não consigo ler.
podem me ajudar? Quero sair da versão de teste.

1 Like

@aliceivi

não se pode fazer nada…;(

reclamar aqui, respondendo a estas perguntas

@nela_114

piranna added the survey to GIVE FEEDBACK good or bad lol about the new video player here is the link.

1 Like

Lol not to complain especially, but to give feedback (good and/or bad points) :grin:

3 Likes

Lol how many times did you fill it?

1 Like

sad… But somehow my “give feedback” button is missing :cry:. So I’m stuck

1 Like

Limpe seu cache, histórico e cookies, feche e reinicie. Isso provavelmente fará voltar ao antigo player.

I cannot watch stuff anymore because it’s loading forever and it’s not my internet since other streaming pages like Youtube, amazon prime, netflix are fine…

I really don’t get why VIKI changes so much recently and it’s only getting worse :frowning:

4 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

Amazed by your persistence! Lend me some!

1 Like

I usually don’t enter Segment timer or Subtitle editor from the video page. It is easier to go there from my contribution page. First, it usually shows episode I was last working on (so I can start translating exactly where I ended last time) and second I don’t need to switch between the tools.

1 Like

Subtitling only works if I go to previous parts otherwise I can’t enter it… but if I have a new drama I couldn’t even go there via previous parts.

2 Likes

EDIT: Now is easier with new video player since subtitling tools are in the front (where Learn mode is at) box just click and presto!

I hate the new player too!:weary::exploding_head::grimacing::scream::hot_face:

3 Likes

please Viki, let me use the old player.:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Folks try Firefox browser and see if you get the old player… I used Opera when I got the new player…

UPDATES Firefox browser is now plastered with the Invitee of new Player, can’t change back!!

8 Likes