The new Video player beta version - I hate it!

Me too :sob::sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

I’m not the only who hates it! It is terrible! Can we have the precious one back? The other one was simpler and more effective! The subtitles are two big, the whole screen now is too big. I loved when I could choose between Full screen and not. Now… I can’t.

they have to change it back.

5 Likes

Wow, I haven’t used it yet but I already hate it so much. XD

1 Like

Is there anyway to comment on single episodes now?

Everything they are changing rightnow makes it more suitable for a TV screen but it sucks on a PC >.< I fill out all their surveys telling them all the issues, but I feel ignored

3 Likes

I really REALLY HATE IT! I don’t want to go back to the home page or the drama page. I want to go back to my WATCH LIST! I also don’t want to have to guess which ep is next or where or scroll through 30 episodes to get to the one I want. No ep comments? I can DEFINITELY do without the timed comments, which are usually sub-whining and foul language anyway. As other posters have said, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! All I wanted was to get rid of that damn blue banner when watching a drama.

3 Likes

I’m wondering if the whining will increase with this new system? When I open up an episode and try to find the next one, none of the newer eps show what level the subs are, how long the episode is or when the next one is coming…things that were on every page of a drama episode.

No. They got rid of the individual episode page altogether, so there’s nowhere else to do it.

3 Likes

To be fair, that’s not true. When you are in the player and you press the episodes button, you see a strip with thumbnails of all the episodes. Now, on the left of the thumbnail there is the subbing percentage, and on the right there is the duration of the episode.
My print screen button for some reason refuses to work, otherwise I’d include a screenshot.

So it is really gone… I miss that single episodes page too!

5 Likes

Suddenly I can see the comments section on episode pages. Earlier today (Feb. 22) I could not see them. So I’m presumably back on the former player not the newer version.
Anyone else?

1 Like

Ah…it may have been just yesterday or the show I was watching. Thanks irmar. I do see the time and levels today…a lot! That’s driving me nuts too. I have dual screens on my desk…one always has at least a half screen where I’m watching a drama while I’m working. If I accidently move my mouse the wrong way that strip shows up in the middle of the drama screen…bit of a pain. I still really, really don’t like this whole set-up.

2 Likes

Even the attempt to watch a trailer takes forever (for loading it)…

It’s no fun to wait several seconds for a short 3 mins video and even longer for a 45 mins episode.

2 Likes

@joongkijunkie you can remove the banner when scrolling down and slowly scrolling up, I found that by accident… it worked with the old player on opera, now since the new player is on opera I tried firefox and the old player is there and it works with the banner removing, if I have time I’ll try to videotape it and post it…
Firefox browser shows the old player, try it. I use private tab, you can adjust your privacy settings as well.
UPDATES
Viki added new player format now also in Firefox Browser!
“You are invited to experience new player”, well if Im invited and I don’t wanna use it, please show me the exit button and at least the Viki banner!!!
VikiNewPlayer3

3 Likes

Retracting what I wrote before since the issues that were bothering me thankfully got fixed. Only 2 issues are still there but with time they will get fixed…:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi guys I dont post often and yes most of my posts are about shiws leaving or wanting them back but i have to defend Viki a bit having tried nearly every Asian media streaming service in terms of infrastructure and technology advanced no one can beat them the new player is different but is by no means horrible the only thing i feel viki lacks is content for my region

Lucky you. Nothing works for me to get my old player back. ‘‘You don’t know what you got, until you lose it.’’ Missing my old viki…:frowning:

4 Likes

Okay guys, just as an observation, in case we need it later on:)
I cleared the history and cache on my laptop, but couldn’t get back to the old player. Cleared them the next day on my work computer, it got me back to the old player in the blink of an eye. I mention that between my home and my workplace there are about 20 minutes of driving (no traffic included:)); these two places are in the same district, same country.
Mysterious are the ways of Viki…@-@…

4 Likes

The beta program is random, it seems, so even though I wanted to make a post on how to revert to the old player, I just couldn’t. I mean, clearing the cache definitely works, but then it doesn’t. I depends on a lot of factors. Also, Viki will invite you to the new player again and again. I think we’ll eventually be stuck with it, like forever, but don’t tell the others… :neutral_face: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know why, I only use Modzilla Firefox and still got the old player, never had the new one.

simi11…No, that never worked for me…in any browser. I have several computers, desktops, laptops, tablets running different op systems. But I only watch on one desktop in my “cave” where I have two 27" monitors hooked up, so I can work and watch at the same time. (Sometimes I have so many programs open, Viki is relegated to a small corner though!).

I still really dislike the new player. I like to scan down and check actor profiles once in a while, or check to see how many eps are loaded, or scan the comments…which are no longer there. I don’t like having to go through several screens to get to my watchlist. No longer have the option of clicking at the top of the page no matter where you are in the system. At the end of the last ep seems you only have the option of going to the main page of the drama or the main Viki page before you can go anywhere else. May seem a small complaint to Viki, but it’s a pain for me.

RE the comment section. Have never liked the timed comments. People seem to make more off-the-cuff dumb comments there…that NEVER go away, even the sub-whining. I just watched Never Twice. It would have been nice to have the comment section to discuss how dementia was being handled in the drama, especially for those who have never dealt with it. The comment section can be a learning tool too.

Viki usually does what Viki wants to do. I really don’t think they give a d**n about what viewers and subbers go through, want or need.

4 Likes