[Viki Community Team] February 2024 Updates

valentines-day1

The Viki Community team would like to wish you and your loved ones a Happy Valentine’s Day!

Fun fact: Did you know that in Korea and Japan, it’s usually the women who show their love and appreciation to the men in their lives (often in the form of chocolate) on February 14th?

Spring-a-thon Event

We’re taking spring literally this year with our new community event “Spring-a-thon” coming up in March! :cherry_blossom:

Similar to a Subathon, you’ll earn points individually, and accrue points collectively as a community. Your goal is to use your collective points to reach 3 contribution levels before the Spring-a-thon ends. And every time you spring across each level, you’ll unlock a new set of badges!

We’ll share more details soon, but in the meantime, cast your vote for what you’d like as the official Spring-a-thon badge in the form below by February 29th @ 11:59 PM PST.

:arrow_forward: Spring-a-thon Badge Voting Form

Live Spring Trivia

We noticed during past trivia events that our questions were not nearly challenging enough! :face_with_peeking_eye:

You all are definitely pros at Asian drama knowledge! So for the next live trivia event, we invite YOU to submit your hardest drama-specific questions for your fellow Contributors to be quizzed on. Submit your questions by March 3rd, 2024 @ 11:59 PST, and we’ll make sure to select the best ones!

:arrow_forward: Submit your trivia question(s) here

UPDATE: Our apologies! We will need to postpone our live Trivia event until a later date. We will follow up with new details as soon as we can. Thank you for your understanding!

New Profile Page

We recently announced a new product update for all Viki profile pages!

Here are some of the new changes you’ll see:

• All profile pages now have a horizontal navigation bar to easily switch between the different sections
  • Greater distinction between Viewer and Contributor profiles in layout and color
  • Anyone signed-up as a Contributor will have an “About Me” section on their profile page
  • All Contributor specific items like Projects, Contributions, and Badges now live in your new Contributor profile page

Read more about these changes by visiting the New Profile Page Experience Announcement Discussions post!

NSSA 10th Anniversary

Check out the Happy 10th Anniversary, NSSA! :tada: post to see the major accomplishments NSSA has achieved, and hear from a few of the many great Senseis, and current and past students on their standout moments and favorite memories!

Featured Discussion Posts

Don’t know what to watch next? See what other users are currently into! There are so many fun conversations currently happening in Discussions, that we wanted to highlight some drama recommendations here for you!

14 Likes

I can’t find my QC progress and my status renewal date anymore. Where is it please? Thanks.

3 Likes

Viki’s profile page has been upgraded :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve only found it on my dashboard, which is reached by clicking on “community” at the top of any Viki page.

5 Likes

i found it too, thanks

1 Like

I’m so curious about this. Hope we have news asap. :smile:

3 Likes