There should be a badge for Croatian language

Dear @vikicommunity,

We need a badge for Croatian language.

Lately the number of Croatian subbers has increased and it would be a great incentive for them to have this badge which they can then feature with pride on their user pages. Everyone loves badges, as this community proves with every subathon :wink:

Please make it happen. This was due a long time ago. Our fellow Serbian translators have one for YEARS!

19 Likes

I agree. In fact, every community of every language should get a badge created for them. At least, the somewhat sizeable and active ones in this Viki polyglot population should.

@vikicommunity, please consider it. Thank you.

9 Likes

@jadecloud88 and @bozoli

just sharing a piece of information. i filed a ticket about having a badge for my language telugu and sean replied that they will make a badge for our community very soon. and its been many months and there is no update about it and imo viki is very busy in other things so it will take a very long time even if you file a ticket.

8 Likes

That’s great!

For a badge? Still, don’t give up. Drop a reminder periodically.:four_leaf_clover:

@giant_sean For your follow up, please.

3 Likes

We keep our fingers crossed for all languages interested in badges. Thing is, while the icons themselves are easy to make, the process of implementing badges automatically might take some time and skill. And Viki has been very buggy lately. The engineers were probably redirecting their efforts elsewhere.

7 Likes

Bozoli, I agree with your suggestion and point!

Take me as an example. Although I’m the only Galician contributor online in this platform (I believe), I think granting me a badge of my language, just like others has, would suport my hard work and improvement to provide subs for my language around here. Also, this would show credibility to others and that I’m a very active and motivated volunteer of this community; encouraging speakers or viewers to contribute to this amazing environment.
Some time ago, 4 months already, I requested it at Helps. But, as always (:tired_face::sweat:), I got no response so far and this made me lose some confidence.

Anyway… I hope @vikicommunity @brendas @giant_sean @amyk … take care of it if possible!
:tired_face::sob:

4 Likes

Few months ago I filled some report or something that asked what do the contributors need and wrote that we need a Croatian badge, but nothing. Maybe we’ll get it in the future.

3 Likes

I’m wondering if a petition would do?

3 Likes

We can always try and see if it works. Do you know how to create one inside the discussions or do we make it outside and send the link here?

2 Likes

Not sure how to do it here.

1 Like

Hi, everyone.

@ivooona and I decided we need to organise ourselves a bit better around this issue, so we created this petition:

We hope many of you will be willing to support us by signing it. Thank you so much! :blush:

15 Likes

You definitely got my support!! You all!!!

4 Likes

Done. You certainly deserve it, Croatian Community. :heart_eyes:
Good luck all! :four_leaf_clover: :muscle:

4 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Ja sam poslao, sretno.

3 Likes

Hvala puno :blush:

2 Likes