They got completed anyway

oh same. I just couldn’t continue with Love O2O even though it has such a high rating! I forced myself to watch because of the very beautiful game-world costumes, but I wasn’t able to continue after some time. It wasn’t the kisses… the story was bland to me and the ML was unnecessarily wayyyyy too popular for me to believe.

Again, veRY unpopular opinion, but I had to FORCE these two down my throat because my friends said they were good.
I forced myself to get through this one because it was a classic.

As for this one, I started it and dropped it after Ep 2. My friend yelled at me so I started it again and dropped it somewhere along Ep 8. I saw the raving reviews about the couple so I thought I might as well finish it and see if it got better. It didn’t. I struggled to keep from falling asleep.

overall, how was it?

1 Like

It was WEIRD! The story was weird, the acting was weird, the big musical numbers were weird (yes, there were big musical numbers). Maybe I needed to be drunk or something. :rofl: Thankfully there are only a handful of episodes.

5 Likes

Yes completed it, but it was just too “polished” in every way, story, characters, … There is not much I remember, maybe some visuals and some scenes related to the game played, and that is it. Finished it, but not a fan of it.

4 Likes

ahh yes, “polished” is the word! Everyone looked like they were carved from porcelain and the color scheme didn’t help make it look any more real.

2 Likes

This and the Throw Your Laptop threads are my kind of thread. lol I really try to finish the shows I start, but sometimes they make me want to throw my laptop. Every now and then I’ll have one I just can’t soldier through though. These are the ones I actually did finish but once was more than enough. I’m sure there are other but these are my lowest rated ones on my list.

The Black Devil and the White Prince
Bro and Me
Extra-ordinary You
Kakafukaka
You Are My Destiny - Japanese & Chinese versions (don’t ask me why I’ve watched all 4 versions, I couldn’t answer that) (I also don’t know why I rated the Chinese version an 8, I don’t remember liking it near that much.)

Looking at my list the question I should be asking myself is why I watch high school dramas, the girls are so often obnoxiously flighty. Why, why, would I watch another one? I probably will though. lol

I actually have a couple of really good dramas that I made myself finish, Love Rain being the one that comes to mind, I thought it was amazing, but the wicked females and the drama made it hard for me to finish.

2 Likes

Hahaha same. I watched this one without subtitles, so most of the dialogue went over my head. I mostly focused on the audio and what the actors were doing, so the colors and their acting really popped out at me :rofl:

Don’t remind me :laughing:

2 Likes

(and I can’t even do Love 020 where the boy kisses and she stands there- UGH)

I love both of these two shows so much!!! It is funny what some of us like and don’t like - Like SWDBS I had to FORCE myself to finish and that is a very unpopular opinion! It is so great that we all have so many tastes and likes and dislikes makes the world go around.!!!

2 Likes

I forgot about this thread. I have a couple shows that I have been forcing my way through for quite some time. I finally finished one of them recently.

I remember at around episode 14 or 15 I felt like I was probably getting close to the climax of the story, but when I looked at the upcoming episodes, I realized there were 43 total, so I wasn’t even halfway through!!! I couldn’t fathom how the story was going to drag out for that much longer, and let me tell you it was a total DRAG. The amount of repetitiveness in the plot was staggering, and at about episode 28 and for the next couple eps, they literally retell you - through dialogue and flashback - everything that has happened up to that point. So what was the point of the previous 20-some episodes? The last handful of episodes, when you finally reach the climax and learn the answer to the mystery, were pretty decent, and this was the reason I stayed with it until the end - to find out the answer to all my questions. But overall, what a waste of time. This one went straight in my “Rubbish” collection.

3 Likes

I’m on the last 3 episodes - I have to say - VERY UNPOPULAR view! I just didn’t feel like it was sticking to the main storyline in the middle - the court drama started -and Choi left her thoughts! I swear this better stick the landing for the ending or it is going to be a “Got Completed Anyway” for me! Which makes me sad because I was SO into it at the beginning! The acting is on point - definitely good acting.

I will be back today to let you know - I hope if I can get it Completed! :cloud_with_lightning:

3 Likes

I was right there with you on this, but I did feel like it stuck the landing. Hopefully you will too.

2 Likes

It’s DONE - I’M Done - I finished Mr. Queen - Bum Bum Bummmmmmmm!

7 Likes

I finished another of the dramas that I’ve been trudging through: ‘A Girl Like Me’

This shouldn’t have been that difficult to get through. I loved both leads - they made a lovely, strong couple for the most part. And the FL’s family was such a treat - super fun and super supportive of each other, especially her younger brother. He was a scene stealer (or a whole drama stealer, really), imo. The family provided some wonderful comedic relief, including the two maids. They were all great. But the rest of the story was such a drag. The story took way too long to develop, and a lot of the plot lines felt so contrived. It had a really nice ending, though, so I didn’t leave with a terrible taste in my mouth, which is good considering the effort it took to get there. It felt like a nice reward. :gift::grinning:

8 Likes

I finally finished the third and final lengthy and frustrating drama that I was forcing my way through for whatever reason: ‘Nice to Meet You’. It was essentially 53 episodes of repetitive jealousy-driven sabotage in the workplace with the addition of one love story full of manipulation and another full of deceit and secrets. There was a scene near the beginning which was actually an event that takes place much later in the story, and it was used as a clever ‘hook’ to make me want to find out what leads up to this incident and therefore stick around this drama when I would have otherwise dropped it. If I had been able to find episode recaps online, I would have gladly given up after the first dozen eps.

5 Likes

I couldn’t even get past the first episode. I was ready to love this drama for Zhang Ming En.

3 Likes

You saved yourself hours and hours of nonsense. I wish I could say that Zhang Ming En’s face made it worth it, but he and his dimpled smile were wasted. Have you seen him in something that you liked?

3 Likes

No, I haven’t. He’s still a young actor so I keep hoping to see him in a great role.

2 Likes

You aren’t kidding! Aino Mating Agency was so weird! I like offbeat humor but that was too weird for me. :laughing: I didn’t get too far.

2 Likes

I’m currently in that phase with My Love Enlighten Me where I just forget to continue watching. It’s not that I don’t like the drama, it’s not like I love the drama. I wasn’t even very bored while watching it.
It just… goes off my memory. And then I see it in my Continue Watching and suddenly remember I’m supposed to finish it :sweat_smile: I pick it up, watch two or three eps in one sitting, then forget it again.

That drama doesn’t really have a goal or a plot, it just meanders around with silly conflicts and fluffy cuteness. There are really no hooks that attach me to it like my other drama has. The Bond has me HOOKED. The characters could be sitting around reading dictionaries out loud and I’d still watch, completely hypnotized. I have no idea what I’m going to do with life after it finishes airing(I’ll probably get a LOT more homework done :joy:). Thankfully, there’s an excellent volunteer team working on it to satisfy my acute thirst for new episodes.

4 Likes

So why are you doing this to yourself? When there are so many excellent ones, and more coming every week?
In mydramalist, there is a category for “Dropped”.
I am one who doesn’t drop dramas easily, but sometimes when you must, you must.

3 Likes

I actually had the same thing with one drama and I’m looking forward to the next season. But I wasn’t in the right mood to watch it, so it took me a couple of months to finish. Again, I liked the drama, but it took me a while to finish.

If there were many things that annoyed me, however, I would consider dropping it, like Irmar suggests. Till now I’ve only dropped 4 dramas and 1 drama is “on hold” (Vincenzo). Don’t know if I’ll ever complete those :woman_shrugging:.

2 Likes