Thoughts for you/us to ponder

1 Like

You Are an Example

Today’s Scripture

“In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”
(Matthew 5:16, ESV)

TODAY’S WORD

You are God’s representative in this earth. When you follow the Word of God and allow Him to work in your life, you are letting your light shine. When you are good to people and show them kindness, even when they don’t deserve it, you are shining your light. When you smile and keep a good attitude, even when things don’t go your way, you are setting an example so that people will glorify God in heaven.

Notice this Scripture says, “they will see your good works.” People aren’t impressed by our knowledge or what we say; people are drawn to God by our good works. Today, ask the Lord to show you ways to share His goodness with others. Look for opportunities to let your light shine everywhere you go—at home, at work, in the grocery store, at the gym. There’s always an opportunity to be an example of God’s goodness!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for choosing me to be Your representative. Show me how to let my light shine. Help me be an example of Your love and grace everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Good morning and do have yourself a wonderful Wednesday and may God bless you more abundantly!

1 Like

thank you ,. I needed that this morning!!

maybe I should have printed the whole thing, but thank you again for this,

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for choosing me to be Your representative. Show me how to let my light shine. Help me be an example of Your love and grace everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Good morning and do have yourself a wonderful Wednesday and may God bless you more abundantly!

1 Like

This story is part of the sorrow of living in a broken world. It is so difficult to deal with because it means acknowledging that life is so full of sadness and helping each other to bear it.

However, without a source of hope to look to, living in sorrow constantly makes life dark and unbearable.

There are so many people who put their hope in political schemes, financial power, and national identities that dehumanize other human beings. If hope is only the size of us, and not bigger and more solid than us, we will never be people who can stand up against sorrow, ours or others. We will only have two options: sink under the weight of life or live in denial and let others sink.

1 Like

I found this today and hopefully this will inspire people to be kind, do a kind deed, even a smile is helpful. a lot of us have shared a lot of links where people have done the smallest thing for someone,
let us be kind, pay it forward…

2 Likes

4 Likes

where have all the children gone? Long time passing

Before you buy into conventional medical advice that suggests you sit still or get surgery to deal with joint pain, try functional training. You might find you have the power to touch your toes, do that squat, or even stand on your hands all on your own, and without pain.

2 Likes

I have a friend who is 77 and since her 30s or less she had backpain, doctor told her that she has to walk daily and she did and since then the pain went away and she can still walk today for several hours, she does also senior exercise and swimming.
Problems sometimes arise with our jobs, like all day sitting which is really bad for our bodies… the best way to start a day is with stretching, I think, you don’t even need weights.

2 Likes

A penny saved is a penny earned. :sweat_smile: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

yes with me crocheting like I have been doing, my hips scream at me(heheheh) so yes walking is the best, I did get some of those lifts to put in my shoes, and seems to help a lot, so I have decided to walk or some form of exercise, stretching, yoga, daily, and has helped with the hips and back. btw turning 77 in a few months, just saying. a can of beans is sufficient to use as a weight, those stretchy bands are good too

2 Likes

Screenshot_20220714-162504_YouTube Screenshot_20220714-120339_YouTube Screenshot_20220714-090433_YouTube

1 Like

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

4 Likes

Screenshot_20220807-214215_YouTube

Sep 6, 2022
Screenshot_20220906-002255_Word%20Trip

3 Likes

3 Likes

Your link looks interesting. I sit way too much and simply need to move more.

2 Likes

You may want to start with the first link.
Before you buy into conventional medical advice. The second link has many selections for targeting specific areas.:blush:

Here’s a few thoughts that goes with this post. :wink::point_down:t5:

1 Like

thank you leerla73, I needed that cause my hips have been hurting lately. I sure don’t want to have surgery, so walking and doing the exercises should help, I rewatched both .

2 Likes

that little bit of an act of kindness goes a long way!!

3 Likes

I stumbled over this recent news about Google, Meta (formerly Facebook) and Instagram these giants who harvest data in this case unauthorized data… so often they are fined in Europe (Google has to pay 4,1 billion Euro) in Russia and in South Korea. In general I use duckduckgo search browser… it’s just for local product shopping it isn’t as efficient as google.

Is it only in Europe that you can now reject all cookies on google and YT, just like on Viki? In US it might still be easier to continue harvest more… As far I remember Google had also a lawsuit in the US, not sure if they got fined as well. - If this continues, paying fines… will they go broke one day :rofl:

https://financialpost.com/pmn/business-pmn/south-korea-fines-google-meta-over-privacy-violations

2 Likes