Thoughts for you/us to ponder

I’m scrolling through songs of my youth, and come across songs after my youth, I quickly scroll along with an inner no! response, :rofl: even though I like that person’s songs too . . . uhmmm. I also felt something, maybe sadness. What exactly is that feeling, have you had a similar experience? Is there a description for this experience?

1 Like

@leerla73 I didn’t quite get what you meant, but I noticed that many songs I liked back then sound somewhat a bit different it seems not all songs but still some… just why, do we hear differently when we age… and I do not mean the volume, same thing is with places they look different to me than back then and only some… “the Beauty of Aging” :sweat_smile: :joy:

1 Like

Nostalgia I guess.

1 Like

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ested for you

English Literature: A Community

·

Short Story of the Day:

The story of the butterfly

A man found a cocoon of a butterfly.

One day a small opening appeared.

He sat and watched the butterfly for several hours

as it struggled to squeeze its body through the tiny hole.

Then it stopped, as if it couldn’t go further.

So the man decided to help the butterfly.

He took a pair of scissors and

snipped off the remaining bits of cocoon.

The butterfly emerged easily but

it had a swollen body and shriveled wings.

The man continued to watch it,

expecting that any minute the wings would enlarge

and expand enough to support the body,

Neither happened!

In fact the butterfly spent the rest of its life

crawling around.

It was never able to fly.

What the man in his kindness

and haste did not understand:

The restricting cocoon and the struggle

required by the butterfly to get through the opening

was a way of forcing the fluid from the body

into the wings so that it would be ready

for flight once that was achieved.

Sometimes struggles are exactly

what we need in our lives.

Going through life with no obstacles would cripple us.

We will not be as strong as we could have been

and we would never fly.

So have a nice day and struggle a little and teach well.

4 Likes

An elderly woman had two large pots, each hung on

the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.

One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot

was perfect and always delivered a full portion of

water. At the end of the long walks from the stream

to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the

woman bringing home only one and a half pots of

water… Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its

accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was

ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that

it could only do half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be bitter

failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream.

'I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my

side causes water to leak out all the way back to

your house.’

The old woman smiled, 'Did you notice that there are

flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other

pot’s side?’ 'That’s because I have always known

about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your

side of the path, and every day while we walk back,

you water them.’ For two years I have been able to

pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table.

Without you being just the way you are, there would

not be this beauty to grace the house.’

Moral of the story:

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it’s the

cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives

together so very interesting and rewarding. You’ve

just got to take each person for what they are and

look for the good in them.

Also Read this awesome story : https://www.actbiggy.com/ripped-grandma-73-loses-55…/

Follow Us Act Biggy

May be an illustration

4 Likes

My thoughts at the moment are with the people in the earthquake zone in Turkey and Syria. In moments like these, I wished there was peace and everyone could reach out to help, but …
It hurts to watch the people suffer. So many victims, but well nature is always in progress nothing much that humans can do about it, either they ignore the threat of nature or they move to less likely involved regions.
Many foreign helpers started to prepare even before the internation help was requested, some of them on a plane or already in the country, I wish them luck, so they can help many who are in need.

There are many other regions that are hit with man-made tragedies or natural disasters in other countries as well. How I wished mankind was less power-crazed.

6 Likes

Megan, and Duan :wink:

Megan, and Duan, also on IG

1 Like

The Asiatic cheetahs are an endangered species, the last remaining ones are in Iran. The world is mourning the death of 10-month-old Pirouz. Pirouz means victory in Persian. Let’s send our love to Pirouz’s mother (named ‘Iran’ :rose:) who is now pregnant and pray that she will give birth to cute and healthy cubs soon! :heart: :tiger2:

1 Like

3 Likes

There was a school with a class of students that no teacher had been able to handle. Two or three teachers had been run off from this school in one year by the unruly students.

A young man, just out of college, heard about the class and applied to the school. The principal asked the young man, “Do you know what you are asking for? No one else has been able to handle these students. You are just asking for a terrible beating.”

After a few moments of silent prayer, the young man looked at the principal and said, “Sir, with your consent I accept the challenge. Just give me a trial basis.”

The next morning the young man stood before the class He said to the class, “Young people, I came here today to conduct school. But I realize I can’t do it by myself. I must have your help.”

One big boy, they called Big Tom, n the back of the room whispered to his buddies, “I won’t need any help. I can lick that little bird all by myself.”

The young teacher told the class that if they were to have school, there would have to be some rules to go by. But he also added that he would allow the students to make up the rules and that he would list them on the blackboard.

This was certainly different, the students thought! One young man suggested “NO STEALING.” Another one shouted “BE ON TIME FOR CLASS.”

Pretty soon they had 10 rules listed on the board. The teacher then asked the class what the punishment should be for breaking these rule! s? “The rules are no good unless they are enforced”, he said.

Someone in the class suggested that if the rules were broken, they should receive 10 licks with a rod across their back with their coat off. The teacher thought that this a s pretty harsh, so he asked the class if they would stand by this punishment? The class agreed. Everything went along pretty good for two or three days.

Then Big Tom came in one day very upset. He declared that someone had stolen his lunch. After talking with the students, they came to the conclusion that little Timmy had stolen Big Tom’s lunch. Someone had seen little Timmy with Big Tom’s lunch!

The teacher called little Timmy up to the front of the classroom. Little Timmy admitted he had taken Big Tom’s lunch. So the teacher asked him, “Do you know the punishment?”

Little Tim! my nodded that he did. “You must remove your coat,” the teacher instructed. The little fellow had come with a great big coat on. Little Timmy said to the teacher,“I am guilty and I am willing to take my punishment, but please don’t make me take off my coat?”

The teacher reminded little Timmy of the rules and punishments and again told him he must remove his coat and take his punishment like a man.

The little fellow started to unbutton that old coat. As he did so, the teacher saw he did not have a shirt on under the coat. And even worse, he saw a frail and bony frame hidden beneath that coat. The teacher asked little Timmy why he had come to school without a shirt on? Little Timmy replied, “My daddy’s dead and my mother is very poor. I don’t have but one shirt, and my mother is washing it today. I wore my big brother’s coat so that I could keep warm.”

That young teacher stood and looked at the frail back with the spine protruding against the skin, and his ribs sticking out. He wondered how he could lay a rod on that little back, and without even a shirt on. Still, he knew he must enforce the punishment or the children would not obey the rules.So he drew back to strike little Timmy. Just then Big Tom stood up and came down the aisle.

He asked, “Is there anything that says that I can’t take little Timmy’s whipping for him?” The teacher thought about it and agreed. With that, Big Tom ripped his coat off and stooped, and stood over little Timmy at the desk. Hesitatingly the teacher began to lay the rod on that big back. But for some strange reason after only five licks that old rod just broke in half.

The young teacher buried his face in his hands and began to sob. He heard a commotion and looked up to find not even one dry eye in the classroom. Little Timmy had turned and grabbed Big Tom around the neck a apologizing to him for stealing his lunch. Little Timmy begged Big Tom to forgive him. He told Big Tom that he would love him till the day he died for taking his whipping for him. Aren’t you glad that Jesus took our whipping for us? That He shed His precious blood on Calvary so that you and I can have eternal life in Glory with Him. We are unworthy of the price He paid for us, but aren’t you glad He loves us that much?

This is a story everyone needs to know So if you know anyone else who may be blessed by this story, please pass it on. God bless you, and keep you safe. Most people’s troubles come from too much time on their hands - and not enough on their knees.

[

3 Likes

Quotes For Your Rights Fight. QuotesGram

1 Like

It’s been a while guys and here I am. At the moment my real life is kinda stressful so I don’t have much time left for viki atm and the motivation is at the high low due to many reasons. So I wanted to post something before I do another hobby of mine :3

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

heres something to think about

Yesterday I was visiting my son’s school

I see a bright colored bench in the yard. I asked if this was the only place to sit.

• And he said to me, ′′ No, that’s the bench of friends. When someone is lonely or can’t find a play partner, they’ll sit there and others invite them to play with them."

• I tell him I thought this was great, and I asked him if he used it himself?

• He says: ′′ Yes at the beginning of the year when I was new here.

I sat there and another student came to invite me to play with him. This made me happy. And now when I see someone sitting there, I also invite them to play."

Great idea on mutual aid and kindness to implement in all playgrounds!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

6 Likes

Biology class comes in handy watching, and listening to this process.
:thinking::face_with_monocle::thinking:

1 Like

This was a very interesting presentation and well explained. The problematic lies in whether to treat the issue before or after through health care… if the bad genes are transferred the disease or ilness has to be treated then afterwards. This is a very difficult subject and likely still needs to be observed what the best solution would be. Imagine if you can somehow prevent before fertilization disease forming genes the human would not have to deal with it later, and yes this is also an ethical question how far should we invade natural processes. Question 6 is quite obvious as human nature can be like this. My son is missing some gene that caused him sort of club feet and he needed those operated but now his lower leg muscles shrank to a minimum.

2 Likes

Just as in our fantasy dramas, this is considered part of our trial. :wink:

Foods known to contain added, life threatening substances.

G a t o r a d e!! :exploding_head: I just had two bottles just this week!

2 Likes

It is more and more getting difficult to eat food without all those additives or chemical treatments.
In US corn and soy is the main ingredient in lots of processed food, people need to practice reading labels! Corn and Soy is 80-90% genetically modified and is sprayed with glyphosates, the Round Up people use for killing weeds, in Europe banned.
It causes cancer and is reproduction disruptive.

I was lucky to purchase organic chicken without the Ammonium treatments also organic bacon without sodium nitrate. I didn’t know about Stevia being also bad :thinking:

I can’t find an organic bacon in Switzerland. Here they recently tested imported vegetable and fruits and they also were over the allowance limit.

I have a community garden to grow some veggies, and it is really not easy, it depends on soil and weather a lot and then snails want to enjoy it as well. It takes a lot of knowledge to grow organic in sync with nature and insects.

Try to shop from local farmers, and avoid processed food. Why buying sodas, make your own cold drink, tea, coffee to carry with you in a thermos!!! First it costs less and seconds, you know what’s in it. I have done this over 10 years. Save also on recycling and drinking from plastic… Over years of consume drinks in plastic you’ll have some amount (of plastic) as well. You can also protect environment with less plastic and aluminum.

I just finished my elderflower syrup, I used much less sugar and with lemon juice instead of citric acid, with lemon peel and orange peel. If you use little with a lot water, you won’t consume that much sugar. Add 2 leaves of peppermint and it’s a wonderful summer drink.

2 Likes