Throw The Laptop Shows&or Ending: Which Dramas Made You So Mad

How could she say no to him? ACK!

1 Like

That Daniel Character was so darn SWEET and him playing Daniel - GOSH! But I understand why she loved GUNNIE - I loved Gunnie too!

1 Like

You know me, Iā€™m biased towards Choi Jin Hyuk & Park Hyung Sik, if theyā€™re in the drama they should get the girl. lol I had serious second lead syndrome with Hwarang and Fated to Love You. *sigh

2 Likes

Second Main Lead Park Hyung Sik stole my Heart in High Society
high%20society%202
Yoo Chang-soo

My favorite SWEET Chaebol

2 Likes

How many sageuks have you watched? It is usually a running theme :laughing:.
And whether they end up together or not.

1 Like

Only Empress Ki (canā€™t even finish it - I cry my eyes out) and Mr Queen and Deep Blue Sea has some period in the past -

I started Park Bo Gumā€™s Love in the Moonlight! Ugh I donā€™t think this is my genre and I love the Costumes

:sweat_smile: yeah, then I donā€™t think this is the genre for you either. Who knows, maybe in a different stage of your life you might enjoy them :smile:

1 Like

Can you think of one I might like! I want to watch several like I was going to watch this one

OK I did LOVE Splash Splash LOVE!!! Does that count!
I like 9T and Goblin

Maybe I Need a mix of modern and period???

I think you would like the Gu family book (I know it as that title :wink:). I canā€™t remember the ending thoughā€¦ I watched this long long ago :blush:

2 Likes
  • Queen In Hyunā€™s Man (not on Viki anymore)
3 Likes

I have looked for this - looks so good!

Yes - MINHO - YES YES YES

Hope you like it :wink:

1 Like

I think I like period supernatural cuz I love
DOOM - 9T - Goblin - Time Travel
Those costumes are so beautiful in the period shows though

I think ā€˜Live up to your nameā€™ also had time travel in it :thinking: They spend time in both the future and the past. I wouldnā€™t say it was a stellar drama, but I enjoyed it as a filler drama.

1 Like

Does it have to be Korean? Korean saeguks tend to be rather naive in comparison to Chinese historicals.

Nirvana in Fire for a cool intelligent revenge drama.

The Story of Ming Lan for an insight into the real life of a woman in traditional China.

Joy of Life for a humorous action drama, and yet somehow still full of life.

Princess Agents for a strong female lead who never gives up, and your new second-lead syndrome.

3 Likes

Nope I also watch t-drama, j-drama and c-drama

Maybe, ā€¦ About Gunman in Joseon I am not sure, as it has many politics in it, but still ā€¦ It has Lee Jun Ki, that made me endure.

1 Like

love alarm season 2

Do have to warn @kdrama2020ali for certain heartbreaking and disturbing scenes in Princess agents. I remember the TCs really went crazy :see_no_evil:.

Still like the drama though.

1 Like

goodness, if you didnā€™t like Love in the Moonlight, the genre is probably not for youā€¦even non-sageuk fans love it! I donā€™t think youā€™ll like 100 Days My Prince either, then.
Splash Splash Love doesnā€™t really count because itā€™s fusion and doesnā€™t abide by sageuk rules muchā€¦

What didnā€™t you like? The politics, the battle, the conservative romance orā€¦?
You might like Sungkyungwan Scandal since you love Song Joong Ki so muchā€¦(I havenā€™t watched it)

Iā€™m not much of a sageuk fanā€¦the plots seem to merge into each other because itā€™s usually something along war politics and forbidden romance. I enjoyed Love in The Moonlight immensely because it stood out from the others and it was my first sageuk. Crown Prince isnā€™t a tsundere like most of the other sageuks, so it was fun to see an unruly Prince.

Chinese historical dramas canā€™t be completed without skipping around, imo. I enjoyed Imperial Coroner and Under the Power, both were interesting tales with strong couples. Imperial Coroner had an intellectual couple and Under the Power had a kickass one.

I get really immersed into historical dramas. Iā€™m suprised at how sensitive I suddenly become. When I saw the main couple in a room AT NIGHT and sitting so close, I felt so uncomfortable :joy::joy: And then a second guy enters and theyā€™re discussing in the candle light while one of the guys sits on her bed I was about to scrEAM at the innapropriate-ness :sweat_smile:

what I love about sageuk romances are how quiet, understated but beautiful the romances are. The tiniest things excite me. One look from the male lead and Iā€™m already swooning. When they touch hands in public, Iā€™m OVER THE MOON :smile:

@lutra my eternal sunbae :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: My Sassy Girl looks like a lot of fun! I saw people complaining about the endingā€¦how is the show overall?

1 Like