Underrated Dramas

hey guys, have any of you ever seen “glory jane? / young love jae in?” im currently watching this drama and my eyeballs are falling out for the amount of episodes im watching in a row. its sooooo good i cant believe i put it off for so long before. im soo glad i went back to it. im also suprised that not many have hyped about this drama or watched it. it definitely belongs here.
@melliebean_2 i remember you had said you were thinking of watching it one day or checking it out. it is GOOD my friend, very addictive. just giving you a heads up :slight_smile:

1 Like

I gave up watching operation proposal though, because I’d seen the Japanese version which is a bit older - Proposal Daisakusen and loved that one so much, I didn’t think it could compare.

Capital Scandal - underrated

:open_mouth: i didnt know there was a japanese version… your right, it probably couldnt compare. it dragged allot at certain points.

Oh watched that one but never saw someone talking about this drama

Going to look for that now. I never read anyone discuss ‘Midas’ either and really liked it.

Trust me, if I hadn’t seen the japanese version I might have been able to drag myself through the korean version, but after the first episode I just couldn’t do it, even though I did like the main actor and everything (the japanese version, way better) ^^

Thank you again for the tip. I checked it out and liking it so far.

ahhh your watching it!!? ahh no prob and thank YOU for taking my suggestion xD yay! now i have someone to spazz with on it xDDD

midas? ive never heard of it… i looked it up on viki, ive never seen this… wow 2011 drama? its so sad the amount of dramas we miss out on when others are soo hyped up T.T i love lee min jung! what was good about this one?

wow really? i must put this on my list too then xD sooo many dramas im watching, but what you said is SO right :

drag was the perfect word O.O though the ending episodes started getting real good, and i watched because i love seung ho too much <3 other than that, how i did it was beyond me haha. it had its good parts tho, which is why ill say i liked it.

If I ever get around to watching the drama then, it’ll only be thanks to Seung Ho - and seeing how much you like it even though you dragged yourself through most of it (though i doubt it’s going to be any time soon) ^^

lol you could take your time with that one haha, its not something you can marathon, cuz u will drop it like hot cakes. but if you watch a couple every other day, id say that could happen. thats how i did it, but by the end i started marathoning and crying, cuz there was a part that reminded me of 49 days T.T but it wont make you sad like that trust me x) plus, the relationship starts to get really cute. i liked the beginning and the last couple of episodes. and some parts in the middle aswell.

We’ll see if ever get around to it, even dramas which are guarantueed awesomeness go to my on-holds, so I’m not sure whether I’ll survive to the end. I have this huge tendency to - not finish dramas. It took me 2 years to go through BOF, and some dramas have 1 ep left until they are finished but I stopped watching them and put onhold (at the moment I have like over 200 onholds)

-> Recs for underrated dramas (basically lots of Jdramas, but since this is the kdrama forum)

• Baby faced Beauty (the drama maybe here or there for the overall part of it, but it’s cute and a total romcom) the thing that made this awesome was the ending. I mean this was the first complete, every story wraps up, whole ep dedicated to the future (or 20 min, but that’s sth!!!) ending I have not seen often in kdramaland, it didn’t suck which already makes it an exception
  • FlowerGrandpa INvestigation unit - even if you’re watching it for the flowerboys, it’s definitely adorable and funny, especially the ending (which didn’t suck, once again) and was really cute too ^^
  • God’s Quiz - I watched this when I was going through a supense/mystery drama watching phase, but I loved this, it was informative and great, one of the few detective type dramas korea made (and did it well - there are 4 seasons for a reason)
  • I love Lee Tae Ri - okay, another noona romance, but come on, the story is adorable, a kid who suddenly gets a boost in his age and finds true love

Oh I would be lost only for this discussion forum. As many others before me and after, this is where I can check out dramas by the comments made and so go have a wee peep myself I have rarely been disappointed. Some of course are just not my thing but nonetheless love reading others opinions. You ask about ‘Midas’ well a lot like the new one airing now "Temptation’ but older I just happened upon it searching for another, was glad I did as very good. I’m marathoning ‘Glory Jane’ now as some delay in translation of one drama I’m watching and love to bits so need a filler while waiting hahahaha, I’m mad, sure you’ve guessed that by now.

omggg i tottally get you, the length of my list looks as scary as yours hahaha. i have tooo many to watch and im trying to juggle the, oh, 4 dramas im watching right now at once O.O mainly because of recommendations from here i couldnt help myself lol xD

ive heard of baby faced beauty, i definitley want to see some of these your mentioning too now that youve said youve liked them, especially since weve got similar taste x)

i saw the commercial of this one i LOVE things like this! switch body-dramas like BIG.

i like to see everyone’s opinions too. i will have to check out Midas someday soon xD i would have immediately but theres so much on my list right now T.T nonetheless, i want to check it out soon. ^ ^

your marathoning it too!? what episode are you on?? i stopped for a while due to all the other dramas im keeping up with but im definitely going back to it today. cant stop this addiction!
im so glad you love it xD

if you mean crazy, no your not crazy xD if you mean mad MAD, whats getting you mad? LOL

everyone here should really (of course when they get a chance) check out “can you hear my heart”. boyyyyyyyyyy that is one great fantastic drama. definitely underatted O.O im so glad i watched it. it had every bit of good and the story wrapped up everything the end was very satisfying and good. i even CRIED cuz it was so good.

Haven’t watched ‘Can you hear my heart’ will do though. I’m at 12 of ‘Glory Jane’ and yes crazy. Sorry another expression lost in translation. On my side of the pond Mad is used as short for ‘Madness’ as in a bit more than silly we also use it to describe someone who takes chances.

I didn’t like Midas. I’m not a big fan of Jang Hyuk and didn’t have chemistry with Lee Min Jung or Kim Hee Ae for me. I have more the feeling of having wasted my time than a good memory…

LOL madness to me is just loosing it, which i feel like doing allot on these dramas haha.
wow! episode 12 you really are marathoning xD im at 18! you will probably finish first than me!

you wont regret it, and when you do, please tell me what you think of it when you start it XD

1 Like

you know, another drama that i think belongs here is “the man who cant get married
anyone ever see it? i liked it, it was different, and funny xD and very light kind of drama. i loved the set up, it was almost like a family kind of drama, where you have different character stories and the setting was cool, different idk. it was cute ^ ^

2 Likes