[Viki Community] Contribution Count System improvements

Yes that’s true after several experiences I started to accept subbers only after a test.

5 Likes

Well, I’ve never seen my Projects section being updated in hours, let alone minutes! Thank you to Viki’s engineers, we are at last getting the freshest updates. It’s a beginning of a new era :laughing:

5 Likes

What do you mean in hours? :flushed::flushed:

1 Like

I was referring to the status under an episode. “Last updated 22 hours ago.” Or 15 minutes ago, etc.

My Project section was the worst. It would only update on two occasions:

1. When I started the project. (So, when I began subbing episode 1)
  2. When Viki would have major site updates.

So, for me it was very common to see the status: “Last updated 2 months ago” when in fact I had been working on the project almost every day since then.

But NOW… it even updates in minutes! Hurray! :partying_face:

3 Likes

It’s really sad :cry:. I felt bad for one month. But I’m happy that it is working for you too now.

1 Like

The archived contributions do NOT contain contributions before June 28 for all contributors. They only contain the contributions before June 28 for any member who has not contributed more than 510 contributions after June 28. The contributions list only contains the 510 (15 contributions per page x 34 pages. So suppose you are a busy segger or subber who made 600 contributions on june 28 and 600 on June 29. Then the archive is only going to contain 90 contributions from June 29 and 420 contributions from June 28 and nothing at all prior to June 28. I just looked at my archive today and it seems the oldest contribution there was three days ago. If you think that the archive is the bottom of a stack of contributions with a maximum capacity of 1020, then the top 510 are the most recent contributions and the bottom 510 are the next 510 after the most recent contributions. Anyone who contributed more than 1020 lines after June 28 will not see any contributions prior to June 28 in the archived contribution section.

4 Likes

Seems true.

Does that mean when archived contributions will be deleted on Dec 28 once again, all the subs/segs we are making right will also be deleted?

1 Like

@shraddhasingh When they don’t show the archived contributions any more they will stop allowing you to see contributions not as recent as the 510 currently on display under contributions. If the most recent 510 for you include contributions before June 28, then I think the contributions which are visible will be 510 less the number of those 510 which were done before June 28. But if you contributed more than 510 after June 28, then all of your most recent contributions now showing should still be visible.

3 Likes

The contribution count isn’t updating on dramas from the past 3-4 days. I did our “favorite” steps… cleared cache and cookies, tried a different browser, even a different device, but this problem seems to be with Viki system (at least for me)

The contribution count on a user’s page is more than the respective drama’s page.
My contribution count on these two dramas:

On Let Me Be Your Knight, my name isn’t even in the tab:

On Melancholia, I am behind by 2K subtitles:

This is the same for other users as well.

These are the current subtitle count of the then top contributors of these two dramas.

Is this problem just with me?

However, total contribution count on my profile is still up to date. Only contribution count on dramas is lagging behind.

5 Likes

I had the same problem, too
On channel page my name didn’t appear even after I finished the whole translation and for some projects the count on my profile is wrong
And the total count is around 50+ subs behind
I got to that is 50+ when I became gold qc

Me too, I did 500 subs yesterday, but it doesn’t show for the channel’s contribution. On my project contribution it shows the right amount on the channel’s subtitler list it doesn’t.

I wasn’t even aware that it was a thing. Now I checked it and discovered something funny. Only one contribution count on my profile matches the count on the channel page, all projects above that lists a fewer count on the channel page. The projects below that have a higher count on the channel page.

2 Likes

I just noticed mine after seeing your screenshot!:rofl::rofl: Mine is supposed to be 2,780!!!

2 Likes

Can we view older contributions or are they lost forever now?

1 Like

What do you mean?

I see my 6-month count got reset today. But I can still see my previous contributions in Recent Contributions.

1 Like

I can only see 37 pages of the most recent contributions.

If I wanted to see more, I guess that would not be possible?

1 Like

Not directly.

However, if you are searching for contributions in a specific project, you can find everything you’ve ever contributed with in the Activities tab. Just search your username in the search field :blush:

1 Like

Nah, I’m just stalking someone and those 37 pages just don’t tell me anything so I wanted to see more and I can’t XD

Hahaha! Unless you share the same project(s), then the answer is hard no :grin:

1 Like

I have a problem it sometimes says that I have been working on a part as a segger and I know that I haven’t been… if I did no team of seggers would ever let me be on their team ever again and it wouldn’t be fun for me… I have had contact with Viki about it and it still happens from time to time… It always makes me nervous, as I’m a person that tends to blame myself and think I have done something wrong… And if something like that is wrong how can I be sure the counting is correct.

2 Likes