[Viki Community] New Moderator Roles Requirements

https://contribute.viki.com/dashboard and go down under the badges. I don’t know if this is what you want.

I don’t see a number or anything… does that mean that old projects from years ago are not counted?!

Or alternatively, https://contribute.viki.com/my-moderator-roles

1 Like

I think so on my board i see something like this ! - Not to mention that one of them it’s a special episode in drama, that constantly change the release date 280358451_959547974732760_4500640859728536868_n|372x500

Personnally, I have one project “unfinished” because it’s “episode 0” a special episode of a drama, which is not even translated in English. It’s there since years and English team never translated it. So even if I wanted to translate it, I can’t. So I agree with you, special episodes shouldn’t be counted.

9 Likes

I agree, I think we will wait and see how things will go

1 Like

That’s awesome! I can’t even remember the release of this special episode and was wondering, why this drama is on my list of unfinished dramas. And looking into “Activities” lots of teams are subbing like crazy right now.

2 Likes

In general, I like this new technical feature because it can offer a more fair environment for everyone who likes to participate.

The negative aspect of this new feature are technical bugs that cause projects being counted as incomplete although they aren’t.

Some older projects have empty segments, the team did not fix it, not after couple of years, some projects have invisible segments that also cause an incomplete status.
One project is on 100% with all episodes in the Viki app yet it’s listed as incomplete project in my dashboard list.

Another negative aspect for OL mods is the - sometimes - very delayed GO from the English team to the OL teams.

With bad luck it could happen that such projects bind an OL mod for 9 months or more. Even when it’s not the OL team’s fault, one slot would be blocked for a very long time. If that happens with multiple shows at once, an OL mod would appear as a lazy person who is unable to finish projects and must be excluded of new projects.

I think these two aspects must be considered as well to make this new feature a great option instead of causing frustration and hesitating for taking certain new projects.

11 Likes

Now I see it… 8 unfinished, 4 with an inactive CM, for 3 I contacted the CM to have myself removed and of 1 I plan to finish because it’s the last ep only. All atleast 4-5 years old.

@amm11 @amyk @giant_sean @fsl_viki do these even count?

3 Likes

@dudie exactly the same problem. I am here since 2008 I am afraid to even check my moderators roles.
15/05 update I decided after all to check my dashobard and the results were that I have 31 unfinished projects from which one hasn’t even released one episode so far because it was just uploaded on the platform on 13th May.
10 have lost their European licence so even if I wanted it is hard to find Greek subbers living in the USA (I have found only one so the progress will go terribly slow)
8 of them have a couple of episodes not 100% translated because some team members didnt know how to translate some lines(or there were no English subs availble in some segments) and I need to go through them add them
7 That we work at the moment and gradually they will finish some time soon
4 I am in the recruiting process and haven’t started them yet
and finally one that has a special episode we didn’t translate because we thought wasn’t important

4 Likes

It’s look likes that it isn’t working properly too. I tried to add me as a moderator just to test, and I couldn’t even though I’m with only two projects.

5 Likes

I tried too to see, and same problem

2 Likes

This problem we also had somewhere. Why was my only though. For months/ weeks nothing and then so

Same here, although I have 0/5 in my moderator roles.

4 Likes

We have just taken notice of this special episode :frowning:

@cgwm808 is taking care of it. Thank you for the patience!

1 Like

Can something actually be done?

I removed myself from a project and can’t add myself again or people with even only 1 project. Tonight, when the CM assigned roles I was the only one working, but it might’ve been just a matter of the time. So I guess it’s… broken.

4 Likes

It’s broken. I tried to add people that didn’t even have any mod role and over 10.000 subs on the languages and couldn’t.

4 Likes

Awkward timing for this, considering how it’s Friday, and nothing major really gets fixed on the weekends.

5 Likes

They should work overtime now during the weekend :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But perfect timing indeed right before the weekend. They should announce those things on Monday so they have, hopefully, enough time to fix issues and do damage control before the weekend.

5 Likes