[Viki Community Team] 2024 Summer Subathon is near!

Cowabunga Viki Community!

We are excited to FINALLY share dates for Summer Subathon! :dolphin: :ocean:

Summer Subathon 2024 will start on Monday, July 1, 2024 and run through Monday, July 15, 2024, UTC. Convert UTC to your local time here.

Shoutout to a_hauth_238 and shraddhasingh for kindly asking to have Subathon start at the first of the month so the Contributor leaderboard could be used as a guide.

In addition to our usual point badges (250, 500, 1,000, 5,000, and 10,000) every participant who earns a point badge will also receive a special participation badge!

Psst: We kept another Contributor’s recommendation in mind when designing the participation badge. See if you can guess whose suggestion it was!

Check out our FAQ page to see the Summer Subathon featured titles and to find out more information on the event.

Love,
Viki Community Team

2024-summer-subathon

42 Likes

Beautiful badges.

13 Likes

Wow! Loving the colors for the badges and all the animals are super cute :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I love that they’re different critters for each level!

8 Likes

Wow. I like them so much.

4 Likes

If you are a Portuguese volunteer and have no ongoing project to participate on the subathon, please send me a pm.

4 Likes

@vikicommunity if the badges are different why can’t we have them all??? Please!!!

6 Likes

@brendas please, can we have more titles available for Portuguese subbing?
Please note this title will be available for PT subtitling:

According to Viki, this title will only have 8 episodes (and I’m supposing it will have 30 minutes each, since the original was 24 eps, with 10 min). This is ridiculously a small number of subs to be divided into our community, although we don’t have projects to translate anymore, I still know people eager to translate, and they’re not just a handful of people, and since it’s subathon, everyone wants those cute badges, in this way, most of they won’t even get the 250 one. So, please Brenda, speak with your colleagues from the higher ups to help us out, poor Portuguese volunteers. :pleading_face:

10 Likes

My team finished soul land before everyone else. I think we deserve more credit at least during the subathon.

11 Likes

That’s right! Our PT community usually were the first one finished the episodes subtitles. Unfortunately, we don’t have more projects to translate, only editions. It is so unfair to us!

7 Likes

Out of these badges, I like just one and that’s the one I won’t get xd

3 Likes

Thank you :smiley: They look really cute and nice. Hmmm, I hope we get all together again. They look really nice, as do the animals on each of them.

5 Likes

They are for sure SUPER CUTE :star_struck: but can we receive all of them since this is a milestone system? Pretty please, @brendas :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

10 Likes

The badges are soooooooooooo kyuuuuuuuuut!

I must say thank you to their designer personally.

7 Likes

Finally my dolphin! :dolphin: Been waiting for dolphin badges for a long time :face_with_peeking_eye::gift_heart:
So excited for subathon this time!
The badges made me speechless! The designer deserve a bonus :gift_heart::gift_heart:

6 Likes

Hello, Dear @vikicommunity! :cherry_blossom: :sparkling_heart:

Aside from congratulating the team for such Suuuper Cute and Beautiful badges (when I grow up I want to draw like you!! ^^), I felt this community belonging sense and sweetness when you honored whom gave those ideas by naming each of them, and even adding a link!!

That was Too Beautiful from you!!!

Super Congrats, Viki!!! :sparkling_heart: :tada: :cherry_blossom: :top:

3 Likes

Goodness, the badge designer(s) have outdone themselves!

6 Likes

By the way… As Sheli mentioned, could you Please have more dramas for Portuguese translations so that community can join freely?

Please…

Thank you So Much for considering it!! :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :hugs:

heart-3147976_640

4 Likes

The badges are so cute <3 thank you !

By the way if someone need a french subber DM me, i’m free !

4 Likes

The badges are very different this time and very cute :heart_eyes: Really excited :laughing:

4 Likes