[Viki Community Team] Applications Manager Announcement

I just did!

2 Likes

Fantastic! Thank you! :100:

OMG to how many do you apply for at a time that you need a list to remember them? What if they accept you in more than one?

I just think that a list, however many or few shows there are, and an option to withdraw is a good idea :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

do you really need the application manager i ask myself… and for me it´s a no… I don´t need this.

1 Like

I just think that a list, however many or few shows there are, and an option to withdraw is a good idea :upside_down_face:

that is also something i want. a button to remove my CM applications myself ^^

3 Likes

The problem is not always aplying to a lot of channels at one time

1. If the drama/movie is restricted to English and then gains rights to translating into other languages, they just choose CM from a list of people who applied, when it was “coming soon”
    That means you suddenly get appointed to the channel, that you aplied for some months ago, out of blue (awful, happend to me, might happen to you too, beware :D)
    To remember channels like that, I would need to make a list and update it somewhat often and even then I still wouldn’t know if said channels will gain translating rights or just disappear in the future
  2. There have been shows that are “coming soon” for some months/years. You might have applied in hopes it gets aired soon, but there were some delays or unexpected problems. And since you have time, you apply to other projects and you might simply forget, if enough time passes.

(editing typos)

2 Likes

Exactly. You can forget even about one or two channels if it’s been months or years of waiting. This is what I meant (plus those movies that are initially available in English only – good point @zyxw, same thing), and this is what I heard happens to people. Some suddenly get appointed, and they are quite surprised, it may also be the case they are not so much available anymore.

1 Like

Oh yes it did happen to me. Two year-old dramas suddenly were bought by Viki one year after our initial application. With the result that I had three on-air projects at once - and they were projects I dearly wanted, important ones. A nightmare, for a while I had no other life!
But, either you remember them or not, if they come after months of waiting, it will still be a surprise, having a list somewhere won’t change that.

1 Like

Do we even need Project Finder? :thinking:

5 Likes

Burnnnn… :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

There’s a difference:

• The project finder is not useless as a concept, it would be fine if it were well-made and if it worked.
  • The application manager is totally useless even as a concept. I don’t know who had this idea. When there are so many other things which we desperately need. They keep bringing new things that we never asked for, as if they knew what we want/need better than us. It’s infuriating.
6 Likes

If there was a list and an option to opt out of being a CM, you could just delete your old applications from a list and not have to worry about suddenly being appointed

I kinda disagree. There are things that I would find helpful in AM. For example sorting applications for projects, sorting applications for certain roles etc
The thing I hate the most about the inbox is the complete lack of sorting. If I work on more projects at the time, my inbox gets completely spammy, I have to manually write who applied for what and for what positions and then I can’t even mass delete messages but have to go through each one of them and refresh the site each time.
In this regard I like the AM.
I believe, that if this was done right, it would be a really useful tool for everyone.
But for some reason Viki just completely misses the point with how to build useful features

With that I agree

(I sometimes use the Project Finder for finding something to watch, because the new main page of drama categories (and the sorting) is unbearable for me :smile:)

2 Likes

I am with you here! I actually wrote this further up. If they would let us make folders and contact lists etc. our life would be so much easier!

3 Likes

Clicking “Accept” adds the applicant to the team and creates an inbox conversation with them. Clicking “Reject” sends the applicant a message to thank them for applying, they are not able to reply to the message.

It doesn’t really create an inbox conversation, you have to click on a button to do so.

But there’s another thing: there’s this thingie on the channel properties:
Channel access

• No Viki Pass/QC Benefits
  • Standard access
  • Plus access
    Are we supposeed to uncheck the irrelevant ones? But most of the time we have no idea whether the channel is free or standard access or plus access - at least not before it starts airing. Because Viki doesn’t inform the moderators, only the channel managers and that is if they ask. As for the fact that it will be subbed by Viki in some languages like English, Spanish and French. We don’t know beforehand, so how can we reply to the wannabe subbers? We don’t even know whether they will be needed or not.