[Viki Community Team] June 2024 Updates

blobby-fathers-day1
Join us in celebrating dads far and wide, whose love and guidance have shaped our lives in numerous ways. Happy Father’s Day! :necktie: :heart:

Fun fact: Did you know that it’s common for children in Japan to give their fathers food or alcohol-related gifts on Father’s Day? Wagyu beef and sake are the most popular items!

:sunny:Summer Subathon Badge

With summer just around the corner, we are excited to reveal details on this year’s Summer Subathon badge.

We’ll be introducing a little badge twist this time around! Inspired by shraddhasingh and trangstar888’s suggestion, we will be featuring different animals on every point badge instead of using the same one throughout. You’ll have to wait and see which of the Top 5 animals wind up on which badges! :wink: In the meantime, click below to see the animal vote results. Summer Subathon event info coming soon!

:arrow_forward: See Results

Segmenting Updates

On May 30th, we shared an important announcement on segmenting – specifically, the transition of segmenting from scratch to A&C (adjust and combine) segmenting, and the additional contribution point that will be awarded for A&C efforts.

To celebrate our segmenting community that has been hard at work since 2008, we awarded commemorative badges to over 1,300 Segmenters. Congratulations! :tada:

Read more details here.

NSSA Academies

Have you heard about the newly added Ninja Subbing academies? NSSA now has Spanish, German and Hindi language academies in addition to the recently resumed French academy. Here, you can learn subtitling techniques from experienced Senseis, and make connections with other Contributors who speak these languages.

Apply for your respective language academy here!

If there is currently no subbing academy for your respective language, check the new NSSA academy category in Discussions to stay updated on future languages being added!

28 Likes

Wonderful :smiley: I can’t wait to see the animals.
In a meanwhile might be can check both ladies name, please. Both mispelled.
Thank you for the fast change :slight_smile:
When will be out the starting date?

4 Likes

Thank you for listening to our requests, especially for the summer subathon. It is such a cute idea to have different animals. Can’t wait!!

4 Likes

Hi @xialongne !! Oh my goodness. Thank you for your eagle eyes and for catching this!!

Our apologies to @shraddhasingh and @trangstar888 for the misspelling. :see_no_evil: This has now been fixed!!

:heart::heart::heart:
p.s. We’re working with engineering on the best start date and promise to announce as soon as it’s set!

Have a great Friday and weekend, everyone. Happy Friday to all our dads! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Many congrats to all of us, from this Very Beautiful Viki family, who had the great luck of having a Wonderful Dad!!

:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I don’t know if this can be taken into account, but maybe having the subathon start with the first of the month is one aspect. Then you can use the Top 50 Awesome Contributors for yourself as a guide to where you currently stand.

5 Likes

Hi @a_hauth_238 ! Thank you for this interesting suggestion. Definitely something we can consider! :heart:

3 Likes

bca4c235c5246737e5fd8a24fac5a787
(Source: https://pt.pinterest.com/pin/628041110524866569/)

watercolor-8731711_640

:sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

@_lyla2 your GIFs are are so cute and make me so happy!!! :blush: :hugs: :yum:

2 Likes

Many Many Many
Congrats Congratulations GIF - Congrats Congratulations You Did It - Discover & Share GIFs
to all of them. ^^

(Source: https://br.pinterest.com/pin/798896421423819786/)

2 Likes

Awwww!! Thank you, Brenda! :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:
I chose them with love ^^

1 Like

Hi, Brenda.

Sorry in advance to hijack this thread a bit.

Since the Viki team will be creating badges for the next seg-subathon, I was wondering if any plans have been made to implement Croatian language badges, which were supported by a petition and sent via the Viki Help Center several months ago? :croatia: :see_no_evil:

11 Likes

I’m so excited!! Thank you so much for taking our suggestion!!! Can’t wait to participate and get new badges!!!

7 Likes

I can’t wait to see the badges! :star_struck:

7 Likes

Love that you changed it to their idea! It’s always so difficult to choose just one animal in the poll with so many great options. I look forward to seeing what the badges will look like :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thanks for taking the community’s idea into consideration.

Oh, I wish we could take all badges (and thus, animals) this time. But hey, at least this time we can choose our favorite animal to show on our profile.

And as Alex said, starting on 1st of the month is a better idea to know our spots.

9 Likes

Hi @bozoli - no worries on the hijak! :grin::heart:

I appreciate you bringing the Croatian badge to my attention. TBH, I had not been made aware of the petition yet but let me see what I can find out! I will followup with a PM through regular Viki inbox, if that’s OK? Thank you! :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you again for the suggestion, @trangstar888 ! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
It was a very fun + excellent one!! :partying_face: :heart:

4 Likes

So good to see you, @kristelrose !! :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:
And you are so right – the choice gets harder every time because the suggestions from you all are just TOO good!! :blush: :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

We need @trangstar888 s :lotus: too… :wink:

5 Likes