[Viki Community Team] Seg-Subtember 2023: Week 1

Hi everyone! I’m going for the 5-day badge. Good luck and have fun!

22 Likes

I’m going for the 2 days badge :purple_heart:

25 Likes

Hello everyone. I will start with the 2 days badge. Good luck to everyone. :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Good luck to y’all, guys. The badge will be mine as well :slight_smile: Powodzenia dla polskiej Viki ekipy!

19 Likes

By now many have realized there is also a nice badge here on dicussions if you get 10 hearts :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :laughing: good luck to you all!

19 Likes

well, i know that ppl mostly liked my post randomly to finish the mission but thanks for the good reply badge :slight_smile: .

16 Likes

I am going after the 5-days badge!! Bring it on:)

23 Likes

Before Viki started forbidding us to combine, @valneijr and I already had a fine-working method for multisubbed shows.
And why are we putting up with this :ox: :poop: in the first place? They could either leave out the OL subs or let us segment/A&C before adding them. Why do we have to bend over backward to adjust to Viki’s unreasonable demands?

15 Likes

I’ll probably try for the 2-day badge. Best of luck to all!

23 Likes

Personally I keep being in conflict between the fact that this is not our job as segmenters, we shouldn’t have to deal all this, and in the end without combining we can’t provide the best quality, and the fact that I still want the viewers to have good quality timing (within the limits we’ve been imposed).

23 Likes

I’m going for the 5-day badge ! :smiley:

21 Likes

I’m going for the 2-day! :smiley:

20 Likes

I’m going for the 5-day badge. Let’s see if work will let me do so. Good luck everybody!

22 Likes

Excited for 5-day! good luck everyone! Fighting!

19 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m going for the 5-day green badge!

22 Likes

Ok first badge is in the pocket :partying_face:

@porkypine Can you add me as a subber so I can acces my English captions in the editor and not only in the timer? That’s blocked for me.

9 Likes

We used to save the presubs and put them back after QC. If the segmenters do it during segging, it takes until eternity before a part is done. Also, some of their efforts will be for nothing if the CS makes any changes. In other teams, the subs didn’t get saved at all and the result was that Viki didn’t want us to combine at all anymore. And now we are supposed to find a “solution” for a problem that shouldn’t have existed in the first place.
How far are we supposed to go to please impatient viewers?
I’m fine with pasting the subs back, but I am not going to do it during segmenting. An occasional segment here and there is fine, but if I have to mass paste, I’ll do it afterward. Segmenters have work enough as it is.

13 Likes

Still doing the same and people may fry me if I only log in twice per week… :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Ignore those people :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Is it already time for the next round? Well, then … have fun, everyone! Hugs! :heart:

18 Likes