[Viki Community Team] Spring-a-thon 2024 is coming! šŸŒø

Hi @maria_lavendula_77 ! I will update you as soon as I get final word. And thank you for adding those kind words about, @kristelrose - I agree wholeheartedly! :heart:

3 Likes

Last time I had the chance to segment one person did 4 parts per episode from 6ā€¦
Would be cool to get another one where we can start from the button and that we could all get a chance to segment

2 Likes

Thanks Brenda. I saw Sean closed it saying I shouldnā€™t be able to access the movie so there is no adding. I watched the movie yesterday and itā€™s still available, so Iā€™m giving up begging itā€™s pointless.

I wouldnā€™t request if I canā€™t watch it. Sometimes Viki flips movies once Europe than US and backā€¦ Iā€™m tired of askingā€¦

2 Likes

Hi @simi11 - Iā€™m so sorry. Thatā€™s so weird youā€™re able to watch it as a title has viewing restrictions depending on the country. Thatā€™s definitely something that needs investigating as it only leads to a lot of frustration on your end. :disappointed:

3 Likes

Happy Friday! I wanted to share in advance the titles that weā€™ll be featuring for Spring-a-thon. Hoping this will help everyone get organized before the event starts next Friday, March 22, 2024 UTC. :crossed_fingers:

Just a note that our official Spring-a-thon FAQ page that features all of these titles will go live next week (hyperlink to come). This FAQ page will be updated with a few more projects when those channel pages are ready.

If you know of a project that is looking for help please feel free to share it on this thread. Thank you so much. Have a wonderful weekend! :sun_with_face:

Featured titles for Spring-a-thon:

1. Wedding Impossible
  2. Yong An Dream
  3. Everyone Loves Me
  4. The Origin of Eternity
  5. Between Love and Friendship
  6. Shining SOLO ā† PT subbing available
  7. Angels Fall Sometimes
  8. The Midnight Studio
  9. Strong Underdog ā† PT subbing available

Coming soon:

1. Warm Meet You
  2. P.S. I Hate You
  3. Beauty and Mr. Romantic
  4. Hide
  5. Boys Over Flowers Season 2 (2018)
10 Likes

This wasnā€™t confirmed so I hope youā€™re wrong.

2 Likes

Hi @mirjam_465 and @bozoli - apologies for missing your question earlier! The goal is to give each Contributor the opportunity to earn a higher point badge at every level - meaning we will carry points from one level to the next. Points will not be reset at every level. I hope that helps to clear things up!

10 Likes

The following drama is seeking more OL Moderation for Summer Nude a Japanese Drama of 11 episodes already released.

Following Moderators are already in place: Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, Hungarian and German. - So if you have space in your max 5 Moderation slot contact the CM Fafah.

Available for:

• Dutch, Greek, Czech, Serbian, Croatian, Finnish, Swedish, Estonian, Korean, Chinese and more.
5 Likes

Hello brendas, thanks for all the information.
Would it be possible for you to detail more why so few dramas needing Portuguese subtitles?

Thanks

Cm

1 Like

Hi, everyone! Just a quick reminder that our live Spring Trivia event will be starting in less than 30 minutes! (10 AM PDT)

Full event details as well as the Zoom invite link are here:

7 Likes

I just realized that it starts at 1am for me. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

You donā€™t have to start at night most of us donā€™t, just work when you can during the springathon.

3 Likes

Thank you! Of course, I wonā€™t tire myself just for this. I want to have energy to translate (translate well).

7 Likes

Hi Segmenters. Iā€™ve got a project that is in need of our expertise. Itā€™s segment from raw only and will be ongoing. Simply Kpop has been on Viki for many years and weā€™ve been on and off working on it. But the episode number keeps growing. Itā€™s 99% Kpop lyrics with very little dialogue. So, though it is a variety type show, itā€™s really not the same as the complicated ones with dialogue, lyrics and onscreen all needing to be juggled at once. The dialogue is in English and only in a very small amount. Thereā€™s a new episode once a week, but we do have a lot of catching up to do. Itā€™s a good chance to just purely segment freely. Please let me know if you can help out. Spread the word to others that are trained segmenters that might be looking for some way to earn credit and help out. Thank you all!!

16 Likes

How will the badges look like? I noticed the design for badges >=500 changed in the community post, they are missing the cute sunglasses and items like the umbrella :frowning: :
first announcement

Now

7 Likes

The 10000 one lost his umbrella :joy:

4 Likes

It was windy that day :smirk:

7 Likes

Also a bit cloudy it seems. No sun around for the sunglasses.

5 Likes

Actually, Level 1 badges do not look like any from these two sets. For instance, here the tree is on the other side and Bloby is lacking a flower:

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 20.43.45

So Iā€™m assuming those other designs will show up as badges for other levels.

8 Likes

True, it seems they are again different :smiley: Interesting that so many variation exists:
Here are level 1 badges:

imageimageimageimage

7 Likes