Viki meltdown?

@feyfayer

Yes…:disappointed:

they are taking long in deleting my account so I passed by to check…again lol. I’m guessing they’re trying to fix so many issues in this site, and they don’t see that as a priority. I really don’t know since I did 2 request already. Or maybe I’m thinking bc I don’t want a ‘‘refund’’ they want to give me, and they have an issue with that?

I do hope they can work out all the issues that are not resolved yet (the one that kills me so much, the buffering in some dramas/not all dramas though) It’s really annoying to watch a drama that stops mid-scene and takes a while to show again.

Oddly enough, in my smart TV viki application, I never get that so hateful buffering issue, that’s such a pain in the back to deal with.

I wonder if other viewers get that ‘‘buffering’’ in certain dramas.

1 Like

can anyone enter the episodes on there phone by now?

1 Like

Will your account on this forum be deleted automatically because your linked account on Viki won’t be there anymore?

You should keep your account if one day, you change your mind.

One of the volunteers here told:
Even if your mind or your body is away, if your heart is still there, then…

If you feel like staying there with this account is what you really want, then don’t delete your account and let it be.
You can just not come and come back a few weeks, months or years later, as you want.

At least, give yourself this possibility?

4 Likes

This could be a sign, that you shouldn’t leave Viki!

2 Likes

@piranna

You guys make me feel special and I want to thank you all so much for that. Since I won’t be working anymore subbing the dramas, I thought I should delete the account. But I guess you’re right, not deleting the account will give me a chance to visit you guys here when I miss to ‘‘hear’’ communicate with you guys. I know that many here like you, Adrian, marygrether etc…genuinely like, and care for me.

I don’t know if I would need to cancel the request to have the account deleted. Do you know? I will give myself that possibility, and won’t have to deal with missing you guys bc I do…:hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

@somejuwels

I thought so, too. I also was thinking they may be giving me time to decide if I really want to leave viki for good. We’ll see…wouldn’t it be funny if it gets deleted now, that I’m having second thoughts? hahahaha.:rofl:

1 Like

I think you would need to cancel the request, just to be sure :wink:

2 Likes

I would also request to cancel the account’s deletion, just to be sure…

And I think everyone is free to join discussions here even without volunteering :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

@sonmachinima
@feyfayer

Ok thanks I’ll do it now.

2 Likes

Okey… it took a while but I have a new request number for the cancellation to have my RViki account deleted. Hopefully it will be worked out correctly.

They also need to fix the request form bc it has some flaws and I’m hoping they look into that since I also mention that in there.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20191213-171106_Chrome

2 Likes

Three Scheduled Maintenance Downtime Posted! See below:

April 22, 2024 (10pm) to April 23, 2024 (4am)

April 22, 2024 (7pm) to April 23, 2024 (7am PDT)

~ April 22, 2024 (7pm) to (11pm PDT) ~

1 Like

I’m still wondering where my watch list is… I can’t find it and it’s not useful for me going to my profile and then click on the “following” session, at all. Will I have to suffer with it? @vikicommunity

This is the second time Viki has moved my Watch List row further down the homepage. Now, the fastest/easiest way to access it is to go to my profile, where it can be found just below the contributions section.

2 Likes

I thought I was experiencing something temporary.

So this is the new layout? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It first happened many months ago. I was hoping it was just part of an experiment with layout. It didn’t last long and went back to ‘normal’ shortly after. But… here we are again. :unamused:

One of the other large streamers also randomly messes with the category order, and sometimes I even have to go in search of my “continue watching” section.

2 Likes

Indeed!!!
I thought the same. I just don’t want this layout to be permanent. I can’t find anything!! How am I going to enjoy dramas with a dysfunctional layout? First, the Help Center; Second, the continue watching-list; Third, reviews and coments; Forth, the 429 error; Fifth, watch list just disappeared… Do I have to prepare myself for anything else? LOL.

2 Likes

I wanted leave you a message in your inbox on Discussions, but it’s not accepting any message… Let me know if I can send it, cheers Simi

Thanks, but the issue you’re referring to is an old one and was indeed related to the bug back then. Or did you want to message me about something else? :blush:

2 Likes

Well your post popped on top of the list and I was reading about the issue accessing team discussion (I noticed later it was from 2019). If you can access Team Discussion then I’ll disregard my draft, if not let me know.

2 Likes