Viki Moderator Issue

Hi did maybe someone got massage back from viki staff, about no being able to add moderators for any show, even if that moderator is gold and have 1 or two moderation now, or even the member who have Zero right now. ( like seriously zero and it’s impossible to add (cry) ). I would love to hear from you…

Maybe someone have some information from Amy or someone from staff, how long will take fixing it. They should at least post some statement.

11 Likes

No reply whatsoever from this issue. We are really left to our own devices

6 Likes

Instead, people tell CMs that they can get in trouble if they add people as All Language Moderators. Why should that be the case? Viki is responsible for the bug and for not fixing it until now. However, they avoid reacting for the last few days, causing confusions and stupid discussions. Who even knows when they’ll fix this.

5 Likes

They could at lest release some statement to calm everyone

3 Likes

Nothing yet. I think we all sent tickets about it, so I wanna hope the Viki staff is taking care of the issue x.x

3 Likes

They did a while ago. :wink:

2 Likes

Well, basically they didn’t acknowledge anything.

They stated that they’ll work a few months on improving something that’s completely broken… This is the first time in ages I feel like I can understand these people ranting like crazy in a forum and insulting everyone. I always thought they might’ve been unable to express themselves appropriately, but maybe they just gave up talking to a stone… such as Viki.

5 Likes

So oki this didn’t resolve anything for me , and they mainly said only about improving, and something new to geting use to ( use to what? Since I can’t add even a moderator who don’t have any project currently). Maybe it’s only me but I’m feeling frustrated

4 Likes

pointless… deleted…

2 Likes

It didn’t happen. Quoting someone doesn’t mean that anyone is shooting the messenger - it’s just a mere discussion. If you felt like that, I can assure you that this wasn’t the intention behind the post. However, I don’t regret the post either.
And nobody here has been vulgar or uncivilized either - I wasn’t, and I never will be in a discussion either. Discussions are about exchanging profound arguments. So in my opinion, there wasn’t a need to elaborate on this.

They somewhat solved the matter hours later. Still, their statement was simply a bad one, and they didn’t even comment on the issue. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

No one was targeting you, so breath and relax, it was not to target you, it was mainly my thoughts of viki statement, not you. Like @xylune mention ‘’ Quoting someone doesn’t mean that anyone is shooting the messenger - it’s just a mere discussion. ‘’ So don’t take it to your heart, because it’s just a discussion. I don’t see anything offensive in my massage, or directly hitting you. I reply it wasn’t about you, but the whole situation. You misinterpreting big, so don’t think that anyone here wanted to make you feel bad or target you in any way. I

2 Likes

Are you sure? It is so and has been so for a long while already, and I mean the entire Discussions site, not about this thread, which is why I said “OT”.

It was elaborated IMHO. My opinion. The elaboration was not referring to this thread either. :smile:

Anyway, @xylune @azuresky. Let’s drop it. Like I stated, I believe it was unintentional and your frustration was directed at Viki alone.

1 Like

This discussion (which includes the main thread) at least was quite productive and didn’t contain a discussion I would describe as offensive. On the other hand, I have my doubts about the plagiarism discussion, that may reach out to shoot the messenger instead of people reflecting on their wrongdoings…
It’s certainly the easiest and most pleasant feeling if we all love each other and work together on achieving great things. But this shouldn’t let us hesitate to address and face the issues seriously in a productive way.

2 Likes

I agree. :smiley:
I do not discourage facing issues head-on and addressing them in earnest, even spiritedly. The key word is productively, and in my corner of the world, harmoniously too. All I’m hoping for is for everyone to do so in a civil and apropos manner. :crossed_fingers:

You brought up a good point. :+1: About the discussion on this topic (though somewhat OT here), it’s regretful that what I’ve read, seen and been shown (on this Discussions site and via PM/email) represented a double standard.

It’s regretful that a small number of abusers bring about a huge disrepute to this community, intentionally or otherwise. Though I’m all for second chances, I do hope that they (the abusers) will realize what they’ve done is wrong, apologize and change their attitude (esp their way of contributing). Do it the right way or don’t do it at all.

On the other hand, whether one knows the abuser well or not at all, that’s irrelevant. There should be no double standard. Period.

2 Likes