Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Duo is in my list as soon as everything else is finished. I watched some episodes and I liked this drama a lot.

@irmar Which role are you thinking about? Greek mod?

I’m not thinking yet, I have to focus on finishing New Heart and Beethoven first!

(But I don’t think Greek mod. It would be difficult to find a team).

1 Like

@irmar we will talk again later. you could be just a simple member of the greek team then

Hello. I can subtitle Korean to English :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear woo_in,
a hearty welcome.
We are all so glad you came in willing to lend a helping hand.
I see that you haven’t done any subtitling yet, and you don’t have viki pass. This means that you cannot access newer videos. There are quite a few older projects though, that you may be able to work in. Here is a list of all the dramas which need help in some way. Be sure to click on the links and make sure you can view them (that they are not behind viki pass) before offering to help.
https://discussions.viki.com/t/the-following-channels-need-help-either-in-segmenting-and-subbing-or-only-in-subbing/13427
There is a drama where the English subtitles are unfinished. See if you can view it:https://www.viki.com/videos/1069696v-can-we-get-married-episode-1
If yes, you could write to the Channel Manager and offer your help, I’m sure she will be delighted.

Before starting work, make sure to read the useful guidelines here, made by cgwm808, a long-time vikian Chief Editor and Channel Manager, which are adopted by almost everybody here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fe3dj5IWenyG6OHylvEEMCu2QwmQ5Rwiv_44NtaNcEQ/edit

To be able to watch and work on almost every show here, you need to make 3000 segments or subtitles, to become Qualified Contributor. Then you automatically have Viki Pass and can even see many shows normally restricted in your geographical region.

I wish you a wonderful time here at viki.

2 Likes

Aha, thank you.

Olá.
Gente… Como é ser Gerente de Canal?

Hola :slight_smile:
Yo puedo subtitular del ingles al español.
I can subtitle from English into Spanish :slight_smile:

I’m up for helping sub k-dramas and c-dramas, I don’t know the languages yet but I’m going to start learning. But if there are any out there with translations already done and just need a subber. Please let me know

You can join new projects too. Just write to the chief editor of the drama. I am hiring Sister is Alive and so is Suspicious Partner and all others.

We love to have Korean-English subtitlers on deck.

I have some difficulty understanding what you mean.

1. If you don’t know the language, how do you plan to help by subbing? Maybe in the future, when you will have learned?
  2. If the translations are already done, how can they need a subber? A subber is someone who does translations, right?

This said, you can still be of great help here.
First of all, if you only know English, you can do captioning: it means transcribing the hardsubs (subs “printed” on the video). They have to be transcribed and made into “soft subs” (and of course edited afterwards) before they are translated into other languages.
And you can also learn segmenting, which means synchronizing the subtitles with the actors’ speech. The segmenters are the first who work on a video after it’s uploaded, and they create some timed “fields” at the proper places, where then the subtitles will be inserted. This is specialized knowledge, and you have to undergo training. But it’s fun, and you will be much saught-after here at viki.
Here is some basic info:
https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/categories/200004034-Subtitling-Community
Here is where you apply if you want to learn segmenting. http://nssacademy.weebly.com/about.html
See my post 15 days ago for some more resources.
Good luck!

3 Likes

Hi, I’m new here and I would like to start subtitle.
I can translate from English to German.
If you need help please contact me.
Thank you :blush:

Hi everyone ! ^^
I can subtitle from chinesse/taiwanais to french ( Directly after the broadcast of the drama without the any subtitles)
if you interested you can contact me :wink:

Bonjour tout le monde
je peux traduire de chinois ou taiwainais en francais (directement après la diffusion du drama sans d’autres sous titre)
si tu es intérresé contact moi :wink:

Rebonjour :wink:
On traduit en général du chinois/taïwanais vers l’anglais, puis après de l’anglais vers les autres langues

rebonjour
ce que je voulais dire c’est traduire depuisles sons, les parlores des personnages directement je sais pas si tu as compris :sweat_smile:

C’est possible. On doit juste prévenir l’équipe anglaise qu’un contributeur souhaite sous-titrer directement et ne pas attendre les subs anglais.

Hi there -

Please PM “simi11” - she has some really great projects if you are fluent in both languages. :slight_smile:

One happens to be a great drama, Legend of the Condor Heroes, currently underway. :slight_smile:

here is her profile - if you look up toward her name, there is a small “envelope” type icon, click on that to Private Message (PM) her to talk more about projects. :slight_smile:

That goes for anybody around here who is fluent in both English and German. The projects she works on include Condor and NIF - just as a couple of them.

Thank you for your interest in working as a subber :slight_smile: and I hope to see you at a project soon! :slight_smile:

GeNie of the Lamp

Hi,
I’m fluent in Swedish and English, and I’ve studied in Korea for about 2 years so I speak some Korean as well. I would love to help! :smiley:

Hi there, I want to subtitle in the movie which CM is not active, also, there’s no English moderator. There’s only subtitlers on that movie/channel. How do I join that team?