Want to subtitle? Let people know!

That’s so strange. I visited your profile page and it didn’t show it, but now I’ve visited it again it shows!

No, no, I did visit it, I never assume stuff.
Sometimes the website is glitchy like this, I really don’t know how it happened, but it’s surely not the first time. Sometimes the badges won’t show, sometimes the avatar won’t show etc. Then they fix it.

However, the important thing is that you have that pass, so you can freely roam in most projects, which is wonderful!

3 Likes

Bozoli,
Thank you very much for your detailed advice and support. I felt sincere encouragement from your response. I will follow your suggestions.

2 Likes

Hi !! I’m looking to subb a project from English to French !! Thank you :))))

Thank you for your assistance. I appreciate your follow-up with me.

1 Like

Hi, I’m a French editor on two projects with not too much volunteers so I’m asking here if there is people interest by translating from English to French : hot blood dance crew (China) - contact laetiyy or birdeye https://www.viki.com/tv/36045c-hot-blood-dance-crew – volunteers with viki pass or statue QC // and ancient detective (China) - contact kylamia or art_eyes https://www.viki.com/tv/37089c-ancient-detective?q=ancien – all volunteers. We’ll appreciate your help, thank you.

Here the topic in French and also managed by French moderators.

Here is an addition to the list of people volunteering for subtitles, from the month of May.
To people on the list, when a Language Moderator or CM contacts you, please have the courtesy to reply even if you already have a project! Their time and efforts are valuable as they are busy people. Please allow notifications on your Viki messages, if you’re not in the habit of checking Viki messages daily.

FRENCH
iria360
misssunshinemt
matea_92_148 no Viki account
asmaa810

GERMAN
vanvanlove123 no Viki account
maiajeager27_393
matea_92_148 no Viki account
xylune

KOREAN
capswan2002_402
catbella_830
olipar118_655
iremozturk007_245
zohra_29
kor_knight
xx_02
maiajeager27_393
kkapoor2711_33

JAPANESE
catbella_830
olipar118_655

CHINESE
whashoo
ctell36524_703
lingers92
trangxlnguyen_197

ITALIAN
s4rah_cb
asmaa810

CZECH
vanessasawako_149

PORTUGUESE
esteregh
stay
ruko
yasuh
lauracereja_0
gabriellyarcanjo

SPANISH
yasuh
julidecastro_decastr no Viki account
69milisa25_65
jhoannaamtz
abgl84

ROMANIAN
blackhusky4
mariabalaban711_563

TURKISH
iremozturk007_245
cansinelif

ARABIC
wardakawtar22_950

POLISH
magicjulia35_689 no Viki account

KURDISH
nmaajaamaal_396

NYANJA/CHEWA Malawi and Zambia official language
peggykafunya_641

YORUBA
oyinkansola2700_253

RUSSIAN
deftieweftie_842

ENGLISH TO ENGLISH
justapilgrim20_86
delores_ritzman_470
mywishingflower

9 Likes

I always answer, it’s not a problem for me. My notifications are already allowed for viki messages. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello, I am looking to start helping out the Viki Community through subtitling. Please let me know if either Chinese to English or Korean to English subtitle positions are available for any projects.
Thank you very much for your consideration!

1 Like

Hallo Vanessa, habe Dir eine Nachricht geschickt, wäre schön, wenn Du antworten könntest.

Hi all! I’m looking to start subtitling. Actually, I worked on the Cdrama Wind Chime years ago but for some reason Viki thinks I haven’t done any projects :frowning: Anyway, I can do Chinese to English and to Indonesian. Let me know if I can help!

For all volunteer subtitlers, I suggest that you write something on your “About Me” which is on your profile page. Please write it in the language you wish to translate, as well as in English. Also, please give enough information about yourself that would convince someone to add you to their team.
Example:
Greek: Θέλω να μεταφράσω από Αγγλικά σε Ελληνικά.
English: I wish to translate from English to Greek.

Here is the easy way to find someone’s profile page on Viki:
https://www.viki.com/users/worthyromance/overview
Simply insert their username instead of where mine is, and paste it onto Viki.

5 Likes

I can translate English to Bahasa Indonesia

1 Like

Indonesian subbers are very sought after. Go and see the names of Indonesian moderators on the main pages of dramas, and then send a message to each of them. I am sure they’ll have some project where they can insert you. Be sure to write your message in Indonesian (taking care of spelling, grammar etc.) and to tell them whether you have Vikipass or not.
Good luck!

1 Like

@worthyromance thanks for putting this info out, just be sure that some of people you list might not have a viki account for example this German person https://www.viki.com/users/matea_92_148 So just check before you list them.
Sometimes folks have a profile on Discussions Forum but not on Viki website.
Best, Simi

3 Likes

Thank you for this information. :smile: That is lots of extra work for me. I feel that when people offer, I owe them the courtesy of listing their name, if I can understand what they wrote. I wish Viki would link the discussion forum with our Viki accounts, and I will suggest that on Viki Ideas. I will re-edit and add “no Viki account” beside their names. I know this discussion has helped for our upcoming project, thus I see the value in having an organized list. I did wonder why my CM can’t find a profile page for some people. Thanks for telling me. :sunny:

4 Likes

that’s why I mentioned on several occasions that new people under this topic should leave their viki ID link behind so they can be reached easily, because copy and opening user account and pasting is too many steps…

I wished there would be a header within this topic since folks rarely scroll up to read… it’s the same as folks who say I want to sub and don’t say in which language which is the least to mention… not sure if they are even familiar with viki website and how it works although there are links and write ups in different places :wink:

3 Likes

You can message them here too but some just post one time saying they want to subtile and that’s the last time they ever logged in for well who knows for how long…

I really don’t understand why people even post here saying they want to subtitle when that’s the only time they login (I had couple of this recently and I messaged them on both pages - here and on VIKI main page but they never login again…) So sometimes I think they should get an automatic message before posting here that they should only post when they’re really willing to help and not making a random post and disappear afterwards.

6 Likes

Hi!
I can subtitle from English into Spanish :grin:,

Hi!
I can subtitle from English to Portuguese. Not just one episode, but whatever is needed,I love subtitling.