Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Technically, there are limits. No one just follows them: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038862354-What-is-a-Subtitler-and-what-do-they-do-

2 Likes

But what does this mean?
“Contributors should not work on more than X on-air Channels at the same time as a subtitler, regardless of the channel being considered on-air or library.”
First they say “on-air” and then “regardess of being considered on-air or library”. Make up your minds, will you?

1 Like

Hi, I haven’t been active on Viki for a while and would like to get back into subtitling again. I can translate from Chinese to English. If you have a project you would like me to contribute to, please let me know. Happy to provide about an hour a day.

1 Like

This is the first time I read this.

But I think it is not practical for small community like ours. If a someone could work in multiple projects, why limit them?
I understand the limit for the mod role but as a subber, I think it must depend on the contributor.

1 Like

Hi, @bozoli sorry for the inconvenience, it won’t happen again.

1 Like

I don’t want to clutter this thread, but I made another thread because I have stuff to say on this subject.

1 Like

Hi! I can subtitle from English to French. Let me know if I can help! :smile:

Bonsoir, si vous cherchez toujours des projets de sous-titrage de l’anglais vers le français.

Recrutement des équipes Francophones - Google Sheets

1 Like

Hi there, I would love to sub from English to German and can also translate from English to Spanish as German and Spanish are my mother tongues. I really enjoy foreign languages which is why I also speak English fluently, a little French and Italian and am currently learning Korean cause I fell in love with KDramas :slight_smile:
Interested in any type of project and could upgrade to Viki Pass anytime if necessary. Best regards, Vero

2 Likes

@auttygotty

Add your profile link for better access to contact you through PM. Good Luck and WELCOME to RViki!

@sanaeakr

I want to help in subtitling English to हिंदी any project please recruit me

Hi I’m a translator english-spanish/ french-spanish, if you need help, please contact me

Hello,
I can help in subtitling to English to Portuguese.
I’m glad to help anyone here.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m new to the community but I love asian TV shows and I look forward to start working on some projects. I can translate from English to Italian, but I know a bit of Chinese too! I can’t wait to work with you all, please contact me if you need an Italian subtitler. :smiley:

This is the link to my profile: erisanosekai - Rakuten Viki

2 Likes

Hi all, I came back to Viki after a 5 year hiatus. I used to translate Chinese to English before, and I still want to do it. But now it seems that it’s not available at all in the project boards. Wonder if anyone is still looking for Chinese to English subbers – please contact me.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m new here. :relaxed: I’ve been watching Korean dramas since 2019. And I’ve recently started to watch Chinese dramas as well. Since Serbian is my native language I can help with ongoing projects for which translation is needed from English or with translations from English to Serbo-Croatian as I speak Eastern Herzegovinian dialect.
Looking forward to assist this amazing community and thank you all for your hard work.
Loreley :purple_heart:

Hi everyone! I’m trying to start as a translator from English to Portuguese (PT-BR). I started watching k-dramas in 2021 and it soon became my addiction.
I’m really good at reading English and I have an extensive knowledge of Portuguese.
I’ll be glad to help!

@erisanosekai, @loreley_90_srb_727, @nathportella, @allan

Welcome to Viki!
I suggest you read other posts in this thread, where veteran volunteers have given copious advice on what to do.
Whatever to do, don’t use the Project Finder, it’s totally useless. It marks as needing help every project (drama or film) that is not finished yet, but sometimes all that is missing is half an episode, and the translating team is already formed before the first episode is even uploaded.
It’s better to find moderators of your language and write to them, asking whether they need any help in any of their projects.
Be sure to include the information about whether you have Viki Pass or not, because unfortunately most projects on Viki are not accessible to those who don’t.

(Elisa, se qualcuno ti dice che serve fare un corso oppure ottenere un badge per tradurre su Viki, non è affatto vero).

Start by reading the articles on Help. They will reply to many of your questions, even questions you didn’t think of.

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/categories/200004034

Useful threads to read here, that will make you grasp very quickly the situation:

1. First Experience When Joining Viki Contributor. How Hard was it to get a Project When You First Apply? - #24 by jasgiul, 2) Good tips to subtitling? - #19 by irmar, 3) Colloquialisms and translations question - #111 by irmar, 4) K channels not requiring any pass to subtitle, 5) Beginners & project finder message system - #32 by sonmachinima, 6) Looking for a project to subtitle, 7) New on Viki, where can I start to contribute? - #5 by piranna
5 Likes

Grazie mille per i consigli, effettivamente all’inizio è difficile riuscire a capire bene il funzionamento! Mi sono iscritta alla NSSA Academy sperando che possa aiutarmi a essere accettata più velocemente dai vari moderatori. Grazie ancora! :heart:

1 Like