Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Hello :slight_smile: Iā€™m interested in subtitling from English to Spanish. Please let me know if there are any projects I can work on.

hello
l also want to start subtitling from english to kurdish language from which k-drama should l start ??
thanks for answering

Hello, I would like to start subtitling again. I stopped when I got too busy with school, but since school is out for now, I have more time on my hands :slight_smile:
I can do modern chinese to english translations. I can also do segmenting for cdramas.

Hello there! I would love to subtitle!
I can sub from English into German, and put English subtitles to Korean Dramas, and also translate from English into Korean!

4 Likes

Hello! I am a native speaker in both Korean and English and understand the different nuances and interchangeable words that I could use for both languages. Because dramas and shows come with conversational, everyday phrases that a non-native person may not quite grasp, I feel I am well-suited for the role of determining what words to use to express the intention of the speaker as accurately as possible.

Thank you for your time, please reach out to me if my assistance may prove beneficial :))

3 Likes

I canā€™t speak another language unfortunately, but I would love to help edit English subtitles. I can help with spelling errors and grammatical errors. Iā€™m a writer, so sing English is my job. I may not have a degree in English, but I like to think as a native English speaker I could do a good job in editing.

Hello! Although Iā€™m not yet fluent I would love to help caption in Korean (as in adding Korean captions to Korean shows). Iā€™ve been studying since 2014 so I can help with some less action/history packed dramas.

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™ve been learning Korean for about 6-7 years now and I can subtitle from Korean to English. I still am slightly uncertain with dialects and recent slang but I think Iā€™ve been improving by watching and listening to Korean day by day. Iā€™m only just getting started in the community so if there are any vacancies please drop me a message :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi I can translate from English to Spanish so if anyone needs help please let me know!

I would like to correct English subtitles for grammar, spelling, and intonation. I am a native English speaker. I understand a little Chinese, Spanish, and French. Some of the translation mistakes Iā€™ve seen can be easily corrected by a native English speaker. This would make the shows more enjoyable.

3 Likes

Are there any Hindi subbers? Because, I need Hindi subbers for quite a few dramas. If so, please contact me.

Thereā€™s 1 Hindi subber in the list.

1 Like

Hello there,
I would like to subtitle from English to Polish :smile:

1 Like

I recommend that you find an older show that you liked watching, then contact the Channel Manager and offer to translate to Kurdish. If I were you, I would start with a movie because it is shorter, yet it will still take you hours and maybe days to translate. One of my favorite movies is Spellbound and hereā€™s the Viki link: https://www.viki.com/movies/29622c-spellbound
I checked a few movies, and no one has translated to Kurdish so you have plenty of choices!

2 Likes

Any need for Chinese-> English subbers?

Yes ! I want to help and i want to subtile and edite. I have to take a test , how ?

Which language would you like to subtitle from and to?

From english to romanian and vice versa

You (usually) donā€™t need to do a test, but you do need to gain experience before you will be accepted into the teams of the newer shows. So the best you can do now is search the Viki site for some older dramas that donā€™t have Romanian subtitles yet. They donā€™t need to be very old, necessarily, but avoid those saying ā€œon airā€.

Once you find a show youā€™re interested in, you check whether there is already a Romanian moderator (scroll down the page of the show and click on the team). If there is you can message him/her and ask if you can help with the Romanian subtitles. In that case, write the message in Romanian and make sure you have no spelling or grammar mistakes.

If there is no Romanian moderator yet, you can write directly to the Channel Manager (mentioned both in the team description and on top of the show page). In this case of course in English, unless the CM just happens to be Romanian.

Sometimes you might get a negative answer or no answer at all, but in that case just choose another project and try it there. If you donā€™t give up youā€™ll get something sooner or later and from there you can build up your experience and get accepted into more teams.

4 Likes

Ok, thanks. I talked with one of your romanian moderator from a drama that i applied and she said if i want to translate a little part so now i .m waiting her to aprove me and let me do it. :slight_smile:

1 Like