Want to subtitle? Let people know!

You may want to check this useful post by piranna.

and my advice to the original poster on how to find a project here:

thank you !

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
Iā€™m volunteering to sub eng-ptbr chinese dramas, also to practice mandarim that Iā€™ve been studying since last year. Huge fan of wuxia and xianxia - who isnā€™t?, Dilraba Dilmurat, Ni Ni, Vic Zhou, Mark Chao and Yang Mi.
I have no sub projects by now, so Iā€™m free to start anytime.

happy to be part of this team!

1 Like

i would like to help translating Chinese Drama into English. Please tell me which project needs subtitler.

legendo jĆ” algum tempo, porem dei uma parada devido a alguns problemas pessoais, quero voltar a ativa, posso legendar inglĆŖs/portuguĆŖsā€¦
Se alguƩm estiver precisando de gente na equipe pode me chamar.
Desde jĆ” muito obrigada!

If you go to Explore and choose ā€œChinaā€ and ā€œdramaā€, you will see all of them. You have to put your subtitle language to English (it should be thus by default, if you havenā€™t changed it), and look at which are yet incomplete. Donā€™t bother with those that are almost done, pick some that are still halfway. And I advise you to not ask for the ones currently airing, because they may have stringent deadlines. For the others, look at the Team tab and write to one of the English moderators. If there is a cover page (that long colourful picture under the team names, which details all the roles of the team members), look there as well. Because some people are made English moderators only because they have to be able to open and close the episodes, but they are not really in charge of recruiting the translators: the person could just be a cover page maker, or a chief segmenter, or a Chinese captioner. Write to them and ask whether they need help on this or any other project. In English AND in Chinese, so that they can immediately see how well you know both languages. State your skills clearly, and donā€™t forget to state whether you have a vikipass or not.
And do populate your profile page. A blank page, completely impersonal, is off-putting. A few words about you, the languages you know, the kind of dramas you enjoy and some nice pictures or gifs that you can find from the web. Itā€™s best to download them to your pc and upload them to the Viki server instead of just linking to their address, because if you link to them and then they are removed from their website, they will disappear from here as well. Be sure that they are not over 400k.

1 Like

Hello,
I am looking for a project to do subtitling from English to Hindi.

Contact hindi moderator of Luca the beginning she might need help.

1 Like

I can translate Korean subtitles into Chinese or Chinese subtitles into Korean. Please contact me if you need any help.

Hi,
I can translate from English to German and also from English/German to Macedonian.
Iā€™m not sure how good i can use Macedonian even tho its my mothertongue.
See ya

Thanks, dear. I can also do English to Telugu subtitling.

1 Like

https://www.viki.com/users/padmalayag/overview contact me

thanks for your adviceā€¦

i also tried finding a project with the project finderā€¦but i want to translate chinese drama into english subtitle, and its not showing any dramas when i type in ā€œchinese subtitleā€ into ā€œenglishā€

i am looking for chinese drama to do english subtitle, but i canā€™t find any show that doesnā€™t have subtitle

Hola, estoy disponible para subtitular de ingles a espaƱol y de espaƱol a ingles ^^. DĆ©jenme saber si ocupan traductores en algĆŗn proyecto, mi perfil es https://www.viki.com/users/carosoleare/overview
:abrazos:

Nononono! Donā€™t use project finder, itā€™s useless. I told you to go to a Chinese drama and look at the cover page. Does it say 30 out of 30 episodes released for Other languages? Then itā€™s 100% subbed, donā€™t bother with it. Sometimes they donā€™t write it on the cover page, so you have to click on an episode, any episode, and change the subtitle language into English. Then click on the icon that will open up the strip with all the episodes. See how many of them have English 100%. If itā€™s halfway, this is a drama that may be for you. Then you write to the moderator.
This, going drama by drama, is the long way.
The easy way is to collect moderatorsā€™ names from recent dramas (finished or unfinished, no matter) and just ask them ā€œDo you need help in any of your projects?ā€.

4 Likes

Hi! I can help translate from english to italian

if anyone needs a chinese to english subber pls message me :blush:

Hola! Estoy aqui de nuevo en busca de proyectos, puedo subtitular de ingles a espaƱol y viceversa. Me pueden contactar en mi perfil:

https://www.viki.com/users/joojanah/overview

If you need a translator from english to Italian , here I am! (^_^)

1 Like