Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Hello I can sub from english to spanish

Hello! Iā€™m looking for a first project to work with! I can subtitle from English to Swedish (I study Korean, so in some cases Korean to Swedish/English, depending on the level of the conversation.)

1 Like

Hii, Im new here and looking for a project to do, I can subtitle from English to Estonian. It is my native language^^ If thereā€™s any new or old projects that need subtitling, Iā€™d be happy to help

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I and a few others are translating č§‰é†’å¹“ä»£ The Age of Awakening (2021) which is a historical series about the events of the May Fourth movement, the New Culture movement, and the story of the important Chinese revolutionary figures of the early Republican period from 1915 to 1921, leading up to the founding of the Party.

It has a 9.3 Douban rating right now and the series has a very high production value, almost everyone is watching it in China, even those who usually ignore ā€œred dramasā€. Here is a clip to give you a sense of the series.

Li Dazhaoā€™s anti-feudal speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0lmRtT6bWM

If youā€™re interested, our project page is here: https://git.kaz.bzh/agentofchange/age-of-awakening.git

I hope you contact us soon! :slight_smile:

helloooo i want to help with korean to english subtitles, are there any projects available?

Hello! Iā€™m new here and am looking for a first project! I can subtitle english to chinese(simplified) or vise versa. Iā€™m fluent in both languages!

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to help with either segmenting or subtitling from Chinese to English or Korean to English! I really love period dramas, but Iā€™m happy to aid wherever I can. :slight_smile:

If you want to help with segmenting, you must first apply for the ninja academy. Theyā€™ll teach you how segmenting works

Iā€™m waiting to be accepted into the academy, currently. :blush:
Thank you!

1 Like

I can help with adding subtites from korean , chinese to english.

Hey Iā€™ve recently noticed that Viki has added the option for Subs in ā€œAlemannicā€ but not many people speak it so Iā€™ve never had the chance to actually watch a drama with Alemannic subs. Since itā€™s my mother tongue I can offer hleping out with those subs?
for refferance itā€™s a type of dialect spoken in southern Germany, East France and Swiss.

3 Likes

@mintyjingyi Da wir nicht Dialekt schreiben, liegt es wohl daran. In Deutschland haben wir so viele Dialekte und wir kƶnnen ja nicht alle verstehen und kennen, daher wird nur in Hochdeutsch Ć¼bersetzt.

2 Likes

@teufelchen_netty_266 zwar ist es eine Mundart, da hast du recht, Unsere eigenen Schreibweisen und Wortschatz haben wir aber dennoch. :frowning:

Selbst in der Schweiz gibt es so viele Dialekte, ein paar verstehe ich selbst gar nicht. Welche Gruppe wĆ¼rde das verstehen. Es gibt eigentlich keine Regel, wie man es schreiben sollā€¦

@simi11 Ich wollte nur Anbieten zu helfen in meiner Muttersprache zu subben da ich weiƟ ich wƤr nicht die einzige, die sich Ć¼ber sowas freuen wĆ¼rdeā€¦ Nieder- bis Hochalemannisch auf Deutscher und Franzƶsische Seite hƶren sich alle sehr Ƥhnlich an, Es gibt kaum Momente in dem man sich mal nicht verstehtā€¦
Es ist und bleibt ne eigenstƤndige Sprache, auch wenn wir in Hochdeutsch schreiben mĆ¼ssen, kein Grund gleich so abwegig zu werden ich habs ja nur gut gemeint :confused:

Summary

Das war gewiss nicht so gemeint, lediglich als Information, dass diese Sprache nicht ganz einfach wƤre umzusetzen, aber die Frage auch welche Leute, das Ć¼berhaupt verstehen wĆ¼rden, ich weiƟ, das SchwƤbisch sich von Schweizerdeutsch unterscheidet, deshalb wollte ich das erwƤhnen. Ebenfalls wenn ich mir diese Sprache fĆ¼r historische Dramen vorstellen wĆ¼rde, kƤme mir das wirklich eigenartig vor, zudem sind Dialekte sehr limitiert als sonst die Deutsche oder eine andere schriftliche Sprache. Das nur nebenbei und nicht persƶnlich nehmen. - Ich verstehe deine Idee trotzdem, kƶnnte vielleicht bei modernen Dramen funktionierenā€¦ solange es uniform bleiben wĆ¼rdeā€¦

Hello, Iā€™m new as a subber and 'm looking for a project, I can subtitle from english to spanish, I have an A2 level and I just got accepted by a university to study translation and teaching english, I start my classes on august 23 (:

Hello!
Iā€™m a University student currently finishing my Bachelors degree in Translation and I would like to join the subtitling team in Viki!
Iā€™m fluent in Portuguese, English and German :smile:

4 Likes

Where do you see that option? :thinking:

Iā€™m fluent in both English & Korean, and I would love to help out with subtitling. I have previous experience with subbing, but I recently got kicked out of that account. If you do want to see my previous contributions, my user is helpwkorean. You can message that account & view my profile to see which projects Iā€™ve made contributions in. Thank you!!!

1 Like