Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Hi!
I’m new here and I’m looking for a project, I can subtitle from English to Bosnian and Croatian.

1 Like

Have you tried to sort it out with Viki so that you can continue with your account since it seems the VikiPass is still valid. File for a ticket at the Help Center.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m new here, and I’m looking for a first project!
I can subtitle from English to French, and I’m learning Korean and Japanese on my own for years now, so I can help translate from these languages. I also have experience in editing and translating.
I would like to join a subtitling team on Viki :slight_smile:
Message me anytime!

3 Likes

Hello,
I am looking for a new English-French project. I am currently subtitling the variety show “ask us anything”, but I would like to subtitle a k-drama or a movie in the meantime.
I currently have 7028 subtitles to my credit.
I have a lot of free time. :légèrement_souriant_face:

Have a nice day
Christine

1 Like

Hello I can help with english to tamil subtitles for korean drama

1 Like

Hello!
These are the only Tamil volunteers I know,
https://www.viki.com/users/sbv_95
https://www.viki.com/users/shobanakani91_902/

You can write them a PM (Private Message, this is how you send a PM) and tell them about yourself, for example, your fluency in Tamil, how many days/hours a week will you be available to translate etc.

They might help you get across Tamil community at Viki.

2 Likes

Hello shraddha even @sneha_narayanaswamy also know tamil. She is a native speaker.

2 Likes

https://www.viki.com/users/shanav/overview 2

This user is also subbing in tamil

@shanav

2 Likes

Hello! I’m new to the community and looking for either a Mandarin Chinese-English or English-Mandarin Chinese project :slight_smile: I’m open to any genres! Just keen to learn and help in any way I can :slight_smile:

Hello! I am fluent in English and Chinese Mandarin. I cna subtitle Chinese Dramas!

If you are interested… To work as a hindi subtitler DO
MESSAGE ME :slight_smile:

HERE : https://www.viki.com/users/shuchismitabasu2007_113/overview

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR POSITIVE REPLIES !!

1 Like

Hello. I would like to work as a Malayalam subtitler. Malayalam is my mother tongue. Also I don’t have any prior experience in subtitling. I have watched the Viki subtitling tutorial.
I also know Hindi to the extent i understand it very well but I am not so fluent in it .Thats why I asked to be a Malayalam subtitler.
I would like to be a contributor so if you are interested please let me know.:hugs:

2 Likes

Have you posted in this thread?

Welcome to the community! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Post this in this thread:

I know Telegu and Tamil subbers but I’m not sure about Malayalam. Maybe @padmalayag can help you find Malayalam subbing volunteers (she’s a Telegu subber) :blush: It would be nice if you had a senior to help you get to know the Malayalam subbing rules and other things.

It’s not mandatory to have experience in subbing. I’m glad you watched the subtitling tutorial so you know what everything looks like. If you have any questions about how things work, feel free to PM me (click on my username and then click the blue “Message” button on the popup that is displayed).

I hope you have a wonderful time volunteering! :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag andrea!
Unfortunately I didn’t cross paths with any malayalam subbers. If I find any I will definitely post here.
@wanted101 why don’t you start your journey with a movie or a small series, I think there are no active ppl as of now. Why don’t you become one like me. I was all alone when I started, but now there are more than 10 ppl with me.

3 Likes

Slowly start subbing and gain some experience. And you can become the one who will guide the new subbers

3 Likes

I have already posted there.
I don’t really have much interest to be a hindi subtitler.

i think thats a better option

Should i just message a channel manager of a movie to start contributing?
How did u started ? I could not find any malayalam moderators.

@vivi_1485 @padmalayag thank u so much for ur support guys. ur replies meant a lot to me :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes and only send a message to the cm of a movie only if you really like it. First watch and then start subbing so that you will get an idea.

I was added to my first project by a moderator but she never did her job she became a moderator with just 600 subs. And she stopped long ago and I took it up and I’m using it for new bies testing and training. She actually don’t know who a moderator is. She don’t know how to lock the subs she never clarified my doubts and she herself used google translator.

I will try searching and post here.

If no one is there first do one movie as a subber and you can become a moderator later when you get some experience.

1 Like

i will try that way . is there any dead line or something ? should we get enough time to do them or should we have to spend so much time on them?

2 Likes

Yes you can spend your free time only ! No deadlines but once you take a project finish it without fail. That way you can gain good impression.

3 Likes

i will :+1::+1:

1 Like