Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Hi. I am a student currently pursuing degree of translation and interpretation. I would like to do subtitle translation for Chinese-Malay for my final year project.

Please kindly contact me if any available.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile: ,
I would like to help to translate from English to French or From French to English.
If anyone is looking for someone don’t hesitate to contact me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I’m currently looking for projects that I could translate from Slovene to English. It’s a pretty unknown language which often doesn’t have moderators, so I don’t get replies to applications often, but I really need to hone my skills since I am a translation student in university. I also study Japanology (double major), which includes the Japanee language, so I would love a Japanese project to work on, but it can also be Korean since I’ve been learning it for a long time too and have worked on Korean projects. Thank you in advance to anyone who replies!

1 Like

As per Viki rules, we are not allowed to add a subtitle without a moderator anymore. Although it is understandable that building a community in a small language must start from somewhere, but if there are few if any moderators as it is and there is no chance for someone to slowly work his/her way up to become moderator, then how is the community to grow?

I see that you are already subbing two dramas, which you just started. And presumably doing all the work on your own. Do you really have time for a third one?

1 Like

Introduction:
Gostaria de fazer parte da equipe de tradução. Aguardo contato!

I’d like to be part of the translation team. Looking forward to hearing from you!

我希望成为翻译团队的一员。 期待您的回复!

번역 팀의 일원이 되고 싶습니다. 여러분의 연락을 기다리겠습니다!

1 Like

Hi

I’m new here. I am able to contribute with subtitles from English to Danish. Let me know if you need any help with subtitles or if you have anything else that that you may think I can help with :grin:

2 Likes

Hello everyone^^
I’m new on Viki but I have some experience with platforms like Viki. I’m looking for projects from English to French and also from English to Spanish. I love Kdramas, Cdramas and the Thai ones but I’m willing to participate in any projects. I got a lot of free time right now so let me know if I can be of any help😊

I’m anxious to start as a subtitler for Brazilian Portuguese! If anyone knows of projects looking for subbers, please let me know!

Hi everyone!!
I have been using viki for a long time know, but haven’t contributes yet! I’m looking for project that need subbs from English to Portuguese! I have a lot of time on my hands right now so if you need someone I’m here ready to work! :wink:

Hi. I want to help with subtitles…I can sub from english into bulgarian.

1 Like

I want to help with translation, English to Swedish.

1 Like

Contact @maria_lavendula_77

4 Likes

안녕!~ :smiling_face: I’m Korean/English bilingual, grew up in Korea/US and would love to be a part of the subtitling community. Pretty flexible and looking to build up my translating portfolio, so let me know if you have any openings! Would love to work with you and help make fun content more accessible~~

2 Likes

Hello! I’m looking for projects that need portuguese translation, I’m new and tried applying for some projects, I need something to start. :smiling_face: I’m more than happy to help.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Jenny, I want to help with subtitles; I can sub from english to italian :smile:

1 Like

It’s not the best moment to come to Viki, as it has been shifting to professional (paid) translators for the English translations (as well as Spanish and/or Portuguese), leaving to us only the editing and the remaining languages . However:

• There are every now and then projects to translate from scratch.
  • Because of the situation, many Korean-English subbers have left, so there’s less competition.
  • We have a sore lack of Translation Editors. Of course it’s not a role that would be given to someone completely new, but once you have translated a few projects and got the hang of how things are done, it’s something that one in your position could pursue.

You did well to post here. Also go to “Coming soon” (but not too soon) projects, see the names of the Chief English Editor or English moderator (or both) and write a message to them, asking if they need someone for this or any other project they might have.

Good luck!

2 Likes

If you can write in Korean, you can help with Korean captions and get familiar with the subtitle editor. It will also give you a chance to get to know how subbing teams work. Unfortunately, as irmar has mentioned, there are not too many reputable Kor-Eng subbers left in the community who can mentor/guide you.

3 Likes

hello! I’m still new and really want to help translate! English to Hungarian and English to German**

Hi everyone ! ^^
I would love to help the Viki community !
Feel free to contact me.
I can subtitle from english to french :wink:

Hello, I’m willing to subtitle from English to Arabic. please let me join your team If you need help making subtitles. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes