Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Hello, I’m willing to subtitle from English to Arabic. please let me join your team If you need help making subtitles. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I hope this post won’t sound too stupid but I kinda need some advice. I’ve been contributing on viki for about 4 months translating kdrama from english to romanian and I was deeply thinking about trying to translate directly from korean to english. The problem is that even tho I’ve studied korean for quite some time, I’m not fluent by any means so I’m a bit insecure and I don’t want to mess things up for other people that might eventually have to fix my mistakes. My question is: do you have to be 100% fluent in order to translate from a language? The reason I want to try is because I thought it might help me improve my skills and I see viki as a good place to do so since it’s volunteer work. But I wanna see what other volunteers think about it. Is it worth trying or should I just stick to what I already know how to do well? Again, I’m sorry if this comes up as a stupid thought. Please bear with me. I’m just a rookie >.<

The simplest answer is no, you don’t have to be fully fluent in Korean to translate on Viki.

And then it’s important to:

1. work only as a subber until you become fully fluent
  2. only translate those segments for which you are 100% certain you know the accurate translation.

You may receive a part of an episode to translate. Once you finish translating only the segments you know how to translate, perhaps 40% will be completed. After you another more fluent volunteer might fill in the gaps left, bringing the part to 100% completion.

However, I’m not sure if there are currently ANY Korean shows which need subbers, since they all come pre-translated by Viki.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your answer. And yes, I saw a lot of people have been complaining about that issue as well. I still don’t fully understand how that works since there is always an english team for every drama.

1 Like

The English team is there to edit the subtitles.

2 Likes

Hello, I would like to translate English to Italian if you’re looking for someone :slight_smile:

Thank you for clarifying that~

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I’d love to translate (or just proof read - tbh i enjoy good grammar and spelling :grin:) from english to german. Let met know if there is any need.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Hey everyone! I’m new to Viki and I’m looking for projects to translate or proofread from English into Russian. I have a year or so worth of experience translating Korean and Chinese dramas and movies (I’ve translated several movies by myself). I also know some Korean, which helps me when I’m not sure how to translate from English into Russian to make my lines context appropriate.
Here’s my sample video

2 Likes

RECRUITING TO UPDATE SUBS IN “THE K2”
I recently learned that about five minues of review was added to the beginning of about six episodes of “The K2,” a drama starring Ji Chang Wook. Seven of the original moderators have responded to update the subtitles in their respective languages, but the following languages need subbing:
Arabic
Chinese
Czech
Dutch
Greek
Indonesian
Italian
Korean
Polish
Romanian
Serbo-Croatian
Serbian
Urdu
If you are a subber in one of the about languages, please pm me cgwm808 if you would like to contribute to the drama.

Hii, I would like to help!! I can subtitle from English to Spanish :smiley: :star_struck: Thanks!!

I can do Korean and English subtitle :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m looking for new opportunities as an English - Portuguese (BR) subtitler. Translating or proofreading. Thank you.

Hello Viky community. I would like to help translating subtitles from English to Spanish.

Hii
I can translate English to Hindi so if there is any project i can work with please do inform

1 Like

I’m looking for BL projects to be translated into Hebrew. Please let me know of available projects I can help translate.

אני מחפש פרויקטי אהבת בנים תרגום לעברית. אנא הודע לי על הפרויקטים הזמינים שאוכל לעזור לתרגם.

Profile: Shuki25’s profile page

You can write to moderators
sandeepsandhu (Sandeep Sandhu)
mustufag222_222 (Namira) Active December 2023
shraddhasingh Active in February 2024
thesnowflake Active in Sept. 2023
arogya1608_645
awarnitapushpam Active in April 2024
rutuchavda12_06 ALSO Gujarati. last contribution 7 months ago.
poeticpeep Active on Feb. 2024
sleepy_owl Joined in 2020, had her first moderation in April 2024.

1 Like

Hi All,

I am a rookie :blush: and i would like a project for subs from English to Dutch.

I have applied for a few projects but i don’t know how long it takes before i recieve a message.

If you applied from Project Finder… you might have to wait quite a bit.
It’s quicker and more producive of results to write directly to Dutch moderators and ask the whether they have something that you could help translate.

1 Like

Thank you, for youre answer!

1 Like