Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Do we really still have that many Spanish presubs? Nowadays, I see them mostly on movies. Almost all shows have Portuguese presubs, but the amount of Spanish presubs has decreased significantly. And if your statement goes only for Korean shows, then there still are a lot of shows from other countries left. After all, preference is a luxury in this case.

1 Like

Isnā€™t that exactly what I wrote? To focus on shows from other countries?

Moreover, on new shows (of any country) there is the Vikipass problem. I went to Yanā€™s page to check that but it does not exist.
Very often newbies get excited with new popular shows and ask for those, when they cannot even access them. That would explain the failure to get a response so far.

1 Like

I see you edited your post. My post was based on what you originally wrote.

Thank you for your quick reply, irmar.
How do I get in contact with the Spanish moderator?

Thank you!

No, I didnā€™t touch at all the part you replied to.
I just added the part about the Project Finder.

1 Like

Hi Iā€™d like to help. I can sub from english to french. Please let me know if you need some help in a project !

Hello everyone! Iā€™m looking for a project where I can subtitle from English to Portuguese. If you need me, please let me know! :wink: :heart:

1 Like

Hello!! Iā€™m looking to subtitle from English to Spanish. I am available daily!! Thank you!

1 Like

Hi everyone! I would love to subtitle English to Swedish. Iā€™m not sure how big the Swedish audience is on Viki, but I want to use my native Swedish/fluent English to do something good. Iā€™m available daily, but especially over the weekends.

1 Like

Hello, I would like to start subtitling anything! I can do from Korean to Mongolian! I know there is a big Mongolian audience that enjoys K-dramas and are influenced by Korean culture, so I would like to be one of the first to help with Mongolian. Please let me know!

3 Likes

Hi everybody, want to help with English to Spanish, or English to German subtitles. Open to any request.

Hello everyone! It would be great to subtitle English to Korean. I am open to any genre and any language of the drama. I am a native Korean speaker and Iā€™m a fluent English speaker as well. Available daily!

• I studied at an international school
  • TOEFL IBT score: 111
  • SAT English score: 720

Thank you for reading:)

5 Likes

Perhaps you can volunteer your service as a Korean captioner or enroll yourself in the English Editing Academy to become a TE (Translation Editor).

5 Likes

Thanks for the idea!

The English Editing Academy is still being formed but if you are ready to work as a Korean captioner, you can send a message to Korean moderators. @marykarmelina may be able to help you. Let me know if I can be of further help.

3 Likes

Hello! Is it possible to start translating for a new language on Viki? Do I have to contact the company personally? I want to open the possibility for Mongolian subtitles because there is a large Mongolian community on Viki, such as myself, who would love for there to be subtitles in our native language. I speak both English and Mongolian fluently as they are my first languages and speak Korean on an advanced level as Iā€™m learning it in school. Please let me know! I am available whenever. Thank you for reading.

4 Likes

I just checked, and Mongolian does exist on the list of languages one can translate into. The problem is that Viki officially doesnā€™t allow us (Moderators or Channel Managers) to add someone as a subtitler (i.e. translator) if there is no moderator in that language. And you cannot be added as a moderator in that language unless you have 3000 contributions in that language.
But new languages have to start from somewhere! So yes, do write to Viki to solve this for you.
While waiting for their response, do make 2-3 sample videos, so that you have a page in the contributorsā€™ section. Otherwise (with the new website setup) you cannot make a profile page (very important, make one as soon as possible) and we cannot even send you a personal message if we want to! It will also help you familiarize yourself with the subtitling tools. You can go to the Help section and find the relevant tutorials too.

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m available to subtitle from English to French :smiling_face:

Hello, I would like to subtitle from English to French:)

Je suis allĆ©e voir ton profil. Je connais des modĆ©ratrices qui recherchent, mais tu devrais ajouter des informations sur ton profil et faire des vidĆ©os dā€™essai pour quā€™on puisse Ć©valuer ton niveau. ComplĆ©ter la partie ā€œĆ  propos deā€¦ā€ est aussi aidant.

4 Likes