Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Hi!

I am able to translate from English -> Swedish and am all ready to hop on a project.

Hi! i would like to help with English- Spanish subtitle :blush:

Hello, i m looking for some sci-fi/fanstatic series to translate from english to french.
I have already done few translations for VIKI.

Please contact me.
CU.

Hi everyone,
I`d like to help subtitle English-German/German-English :smile: I could try Japanese-English as well

Thank you!!

1 Like

Boa noite meu nome e Verlaine sou brasileira e moro em Curitiba adoro assistir os doramas coreanos mas tenho observado que existem muitos poucos legendados em portugues e por falta de pessoal? Fiz o cadastro e sou cliente associado mas nĂŁo consigo ver os doramas que amo me sinto frustrada pois o Drama Freever acontece o mesmo.Qual o motivo ???

Hi, i can help subtitle from english to german.

@hallpa I sent you a PM, check your vikimail box,
best, Simi

Hey there,
I would love to help with the English to Persian(Farsi) subtitles.
Cheers!

1 Like

Hiya,
I can help with subtitles English to Indonesian

Cheers,

Hi,

I’m looking for Romanian Subbers to help with translating a Chinese Drama: We Love You, Mr.Jin.
https://www.viki.com/tv/23647c-we-love-you-mr-jin?q=we%20lo

If you are interested or have any questions please PM me.

2 Likes

Hi, sorry i am pretty sure i am in the wrong thread
but i am trying to look for english sub editor
i have done some editing for some chinese dramas and an Spanish drama
 looking for more shows to edit english subtitles
 please pm 
i have viki pass already

“i” instead of “I”
“an Spanish” instead of “a Spanish”
“english” instead of “English”
Looking for more shows to edit english subtitles – weird syntax
I am trying to look for english sub editor – instead of “I am looking for shows where I can be the English editor”

Sorry but in three short lines you proved that your English is still not what it takes to be an English editor. You might want to work at it a little bit more before continuing to edit anything in that language.
Please don’t be offended. We’ve all been learners once, it’s certainly no crime! But it’s also good to know one’s level, and sometimes other people, because of “politeness”, don’t bother telling us things as they are. What about taking editing jobs in your own language? That is, if you’re sure about your grammar and syntax skills in your own language, because even that is never a given.

I had a look at your subtitles. While your English is not bad per se, you might want to have a look at the Viki subtitle guidelines for punctuation and formatting.

This is one of your subtitles. I couldn’t see the source language, but for some reason you’ve broken this sentence into three lines.

[quote]
Is that so?
You’re saying that I should
Have checked and bought the suit.
[/quote]

We don’t unnecessarily break sentences when there is only one speaker and they are so short.
But when a sentence is interrupted for some reason and then continues, we don’t start the second part with a capital letter

[quote]
-Sorry.
.Sorry.
[/quote]
In dialogues, we have to put dashes and a space before each speaker’s sentence.

[quote]
Also.
it was after you collected yours.
[/quote]

Here you put a full stop (period in American English) after “Also” when probably a comma or ellipsis (three dots) was needed. And of course you should not put a break after only one word.

Here are the Subtitling Guidelines. You may want to have a look

1 Like

Hi guys! I would like to translate from English subs into German. Just send me a message and I’ll do it :slight_smile:

Hi. I would like to try translate from English to Polish.

I have been on an unannounced hiatus for a REALLY LONG TIME, but I want to get into subtitling again.
(The reasons for why I have been gone are in my profile if you’re curious)
** If there are any upcoming projects that I can help with, please let me know!!**
I can translate KOREAN to ENGLISH.
I know this might not be the best way to get projects to work on, but I think it’s worth a shot.
Please PM me!!! PMing me would be much easier than replying to this comment. Thank you!! ^^

Hi! want to get into subtitling again :smiley: I can help with subtitles from english to spanish! Please let me know if you have any proyect that I can help ;D

Hi! If you need help with subtitles into Italian, drop me a line! I can subtitle from English, French, German, Spanish and Dutch! Cheers

Looking for volunteer(s) to translate the Taiwanese Puppet series PILI (éœč靂) such as:
éœč靂狌煙äč‹äž‡ć șćĄ”æż€ - Alarm Signals all along the Border (32 episodes of about 1 hour)
etc

Wich you can download, for example, here:
http://www.eyny.com/thread-10695223-1-1.html

If you are willing, I will prepare the work with “screen capturing” all the subtitles of the episodes in advance.
It is not possible to extract the subtitles from the video files (I tried :unamused: ).
Please contact me through e-mail at: c.ardiller@numericable.fr

Of course, if such subtitles allready exists, please be kind enought to forward the links to me.
My searchescontaining the titles of the sĂ©ries, and the words “download”, “subtitle” in Traditional Chinese (Google translate, I don’t know Taiwanese), as well as the usual subtitle file extensions, such as *.srt, *.sub ou *.ssa, gave me no interesting results.

Thank you for reading me
Friendly yours,
Claude ARDILLER.

Hi Everybody,
I want to write subtitles from English to German and/or Persian(Farsi). Could you please recommend me a project or can I myself choose which group or movie I want to subtitle? I tried to use the pen bellow the video player but unfortunately I got an error, can anybody help me, please?!

1 Like

Hello,
If you want to subtitle a movie or a Drama, you should ask the Moderator of the language you want to subtitle in (so in your case, a German or Persian Moderator), if there isn’t any, you should ask the Channel Manager. You have to be added to the Team so you can proceed to translation (you got an error because you’re not part of the Team).
Don’t hesitate if you have other questions ^^

1 Like